What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Maximus

Coach
You may be needlessly looking at semantics of wording to try and get a win for league whereas in this very thread there’s comments such as “on par with the NFL”. It’s not about comparing sports it’s siting a recent sporting event that was marred by a ref decision. Not everything is points scoring

Gobsmacked himself said the NRL is on its way to being bigger worldwide than the EPL and NFL. There's no point trying to get any intelligent conversation out of him.

Maximus

Coach
Go on, quote it.
Another lie.
All you do is lie.

Ok

The NRL is right up there with the EPL, NBA, NFL for global popularity right?

No, but they're on their way. Vegas is the party to attend and be seen attending.. that they will for 4 more years. People don't understand, V'landys is trying to take the NRL to global mainstream, what you're alluding to.
I think it can. We have the man for the job.

Canard

Immortal
We as fans should be totally against such rapid expansion, it f**ks the comp beyond belief.

Team 18, then 7 to 10 years until 19.

The 95 expansion was a disaster, the Crushers and Cowboys were a basket case, and the balance of the comp were horrible, the Magpies of that era where the worst team in first grade history, and Balmain weren't much better.

seems decent
Dont take anything Devlin has to say/share seriously. He's been grinding an NZR axe for years. Some of it valid, but he's far from objective and will happily trumpet whatever supports his narrative whether relevant or not.

For instance, he's conveniently ignored the fact that list conflates SR franchises with NPC unions, and that some regions cover enormous sparsely populated areas. The distance between either end of the West Coast region is about the same as the straight line distance between the MCG and Canberra.

He'd know all that but to still post this shit shows how much of a one eyed tool he is.

Wb1234

Referee
Dont take anything Devlin has to say/share seriously. He's been grinding an NZR axe for years. Some of it valid, but he's far from objective and will happily trumpet whatever supports his narrative whether relevant or not.

For instance, he's conveniently ignored the fact that list conflates SR franchises with NPC unions, and that some regions cover enormous sparsely populated areas. The distance between either end of the West Coast region is about the same as the straight line distance between the MCG and Canberra.

He'd know all that but to still post this shit shows how much of a one eyed tool he is.
Aren’t the numbers good ? They look good

Matiunz

Juniors

Devlin plays the ‘shock-Jock’ persona well, knows controversial and hyperbolic content will spark conversation and social media exposure which then equates to more $ for him

Matua

Bench
Memberships at NPC level aren't really as a big a deal as over in Oz. I pretty much went to every Magpies game between 2006 (when the NPC was restructured) and 2014 (when I moved to Oz) and I think I only ever got one membership in that time and that was because it included some away games.

Devlin is such a plonker and he's just like your bog standard internet troll. Anytime anything interrupts his narrative (like the final being a sell out) he then pivots to some other random point.

Matiunz

Juniors
Memberships at NPC level aren't really as a big a deal as over in Oz. I pretty much went to every Magpies game between 2006 (when the NPC was restructured) and 2014 (when I moved to Oz) and I think I only ever got one membership in that time and that was because it included some away games.

Devlin is such a plonker and he's just like your bog standard internet troll. Anytime anything interrupts his narrative (like the final being a sell out) he then pivots to some other random point.
Culturally memberships seem to have much more importance in Aus compared to NZ. I regularly went to Hurricanes home games while I was living in Wellington and only recently learned they actually offered memberships.
If I’m being completely honest I didn’t even know memberships were a thing outside of diehards until I moved to Aus in 2013 where memberships were pushed much more heavily.
Mostly it seems to be a bit of a pissing contest with AFL. I have held a Warriors Aus membership since they became a thing but it’s basically just a donation to the club you don’t tend to get too much for it except the occasional away ticket in the worst possible seats.

Culturally memberships seem to have much more importance in Aus compared to NZ. I regularly went to Hurricanes home games while I was living in Wellington and only recently learned they actually offered memberships.
If I’m being completely honest I didn’t even know memberships were a thing outside of diehards until I moved to Aus in 2013 where memberships were pushed much more heavily.
Mostly it seems to be a bit of a pissing contest with AFL. I have held a Warriors Aus membership since they became a thing but it’s basically just a donation to the club you don’t tend to get too much for it except the occasional away ticket in the worst possible seats.
Really? That feels pretty shit, considering how much support the team gets from ex-pats whenever they play away. Hope they're doing something to change that.

Matua

Bench
I never sit in the away fans section as the seats are shit although it's good for hanging out with other Kiwis, but I go to the games with Kiwis anyway.

I'm at an age where I want the best seats available.