What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Is the Samoa and tongan int sides improvements (of mostly Aussies and kiwis) making any difference to the interest in the games in the actual islands? Any player numbers from those places?
Find it hard to believe you don`t know the answer to that. The number of teams in the first grade competition in Fiji alone nearly doubled over the last few years and I`m not talking from 2 to 4, more like 16 to 30 odd.
But an NRL team in Perth won`t do the same thing. C`mon.

Now I remember why I put you on ignore

thanks for responding to my posts
So catty, I had you on ignore myself for ages so I didn`t have trawl through your endless thought bubbles and posting for posting`s sake, however I did reinstate you because I enjoy the tweets and social media stuff you post.
I honestly do wonder though some days if it is worth it.

Matiunz

Juniors
Is the Samoa and tongan int sides improvements (of mostly Aussies and kiwis) making any difference to the interest in the games in the actual islands? Any player numbers from those places?
I have wondered this as you’re right vast majority of those teams are by heritage only in reality. However PI with any chance to get behind their teams on a world stage will do so with 110% passion- I would suspect that that passion extends to any national team so it is important league get as much of that public attention as possible.
The kiwis are in a similar boat where majority of their players don’t play in NZ and there are a few that weren’t born there either, I think this is why the general public gets behind the Warriors moreso than the kiwis.

Matiunz

Juniors
Lots of people say that the demise of Super Rugby was the withdrawal of SA and it might be the case but even when they were included it was far from ideal!
Imagine options for teams being so sparse that you're flying them in from the other side of the planet !
I'm happy to be corrected but I'm pretty sure SA managed to squash Rugby league there and still actively curtail any progress from Rugby league. Like France but far worse and recent.
Might be wrong but I think both league and Union essentially come under one admin of ‘Rugby’ in SA which essentially gives league zero attention and any alternate attempts as ‘rebel’ comps.
It’d take a couple of generations but if SA got serious about league in the same way it does Union they’d give Aus serioys competition for the most dominant country

Matt_CBY

Juniors
What was the problem with my comment ?

are you trying to say union is only for the elite in nz ?
You said it was “for the working class”.

It is dominated by the elites.

Union isn’t “only for the elite” in Australia either. Just very much dominated by.

Matua

Bench
I have wondered this as you’re right vast majority of those teams are by heritage only in reality. However PI with any chance to get behind their teams on a world stage will do so with 110% passion- I would suspect that that passion extends to any national team so it is important league get as much of that public attention as possible.
The kiwis are in a similar boat where majority of their players don’t play in NZ and there are a few that weren’t born there either, I think this is why the general public gets behind the Warriors moreso than the kiwis.
At times the Warriors consist of nearly half a squad of journeyman Aussies. I find it weird that NZ league fans don't get behind the Kiwis more. It's noticeable even in the NZ section of this place. The f**king SoO threads are longer than the Kiwis threads. Pisses me off.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Do you have anything of substance, do you actually refute any of my assertions, or is this all you've got?
Literally your entire post was nonsense, has been for nearly 2 years. You somehow managed to fit nearly 2 years worth of bs into 1 post...want a response? Start at page 1.
For you though I'll summarise:
Aside from the All blacks
Amost all metrics of Rugby Union are in decline,
*Financially consistently at a loss
*participation is in decline
*attendance is in decline
* The main competition just lost and entire club and is in a constant state of crisis over whether or not it's even viable!

The exact opposite can be said for Rugby league:
* Financially consistently making ever increasing profits and acquiring assets.
* participation is growing ( in NZ the schoolboy comps teams have grown substantially)
*attendance is booming and setting records in both Australia and NZ ( the Warriors becoming the only club in history to sell out every single home game with sell outs right across the country)
* the main competition just added an entire club with over a dozen other clubs fighting to be included.

Another team in NZ would deal a massive blow to RU in NZ.
That's the premise of the article and it's 100% correct.

The fact you still maintain a belief that none of this is true... is like a kid that still believes in Santa and is in fact- ADORABLE!

Matua

Bench
Literally your entire post was nonsense, has been for nearly 2 years. You somehow managed to fit nearly 2 years worth of bs into 1 post...want a response? Start at page 1.
For you though I'll summarise:
Aside from the All blacks
Amost all metrics of Rugby Union are in decline,
*Financially consistently at a loss
*participation is in decline
*attendance is in decline
* The main competition just lost and entire club and is in a constant state of crisis over whether or not it's even viable!

The exact opposite can be said for Rugby league:
* Financially consistently making ever increasing profits and acquiring assets.
* participation is growing ( in NZ the schoolboy comps teams have grown substantially)
*attendance is booming and setting records in both Australia and NZ ( the Warriors becoming the only club in history to sell out every single home game with sell outs right across the country)
* the main competition just added an entire club with over a dozen other clubs fighting to be included.

Another team in NZ would deal a massive blow to RU in NZ.
That's the premise of the article and it's 100% correct.

The fact you still maintain a belief that none of this is true... is like a kid that still believes in Santa and is in fact- ADORABLE!
So nothing of substance then relating to your Scottish multi's 10 Reasons? Surely you can at least to attempt to refute my discussion of those points on a point by point basis? Come on, man up and take a stab at it.

Gobsmacked

Bench
So nothing of substance then relating to your Scottish multi's 10 Reasons? Surely you can at least to attempt to refute my discussion of those points on a point by point basis? Come on, man up and take a stab at it.
I have at least 50 better things to do.
Good luck, enjoy the finals, we have some cracking matches today!