What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcastle Knights set to snap up NRL outcast Willie Mason

His days of big coin are past him. If he thinks otherwise then he is in for a rude shock. I disagree with him having no career in the media or in coaching though. The big fella is actually quite charismatic when he is in front of the camera. If Mark Geyer can make it then anyone can.

You have to have a brain to be a coach or commentator listen to him talk for 5 mins.

You have to have a brain to be a coach or commentator listen to him talk for 5 mins.

:lol: As i said mate. Mark Geyer. Watch NRL on Fox tonight. When Kenty and him start debating on controversy corner you will see a very eductated man in Kenty up against a bloke way out of his depth who clearly just shoots his mouth off because he thinks he should to get his point across. MG is great bloke but he is not exactly the most 'brilliant' bloke going around. He would tell you as much as well.
Being smart helps but is not a necessity. Geyer gets his point across in his own way and that is what makes him appealing i suppose. Willie has his way. Neither man would confess to being a scholar. I think both he and MG are big personalities and that goes a long way.

Last edited:

otori

Juniors
:lol: As i said mate. Mark Geyer. Watch NRL on Fox tonight. When Kenty and him start debating on controversy corner you will see a very eductated man in Kenty up against a bloke way out of his depth who clearly just shoots his mouth off because he thinks he should to get his point across. MG is great bloke but he is not exactly the most intelligent bloke going around. He would tell you as much as well.

MG isnt a bright spark but he's got it over Mason in spades

:lol: As i said mate. Mark Geyer. Watch NRL on Fox tonight. When Kenty and him start debating on controversy corner you will see a very eductated man in Kenty up against a bloke way out of his depth who clearly just shoots his mouth off because he thinks he should to get his point across. MG is great bloke but he is not exactly the most 'brilliant' bloke going around. He would tell you as much as well.
Being smart helps but is not a necessity. Geyer gets his point across in his own way and that is what makes him appealing i suppose. Willie has his way. Neither man would confess to being a scholar. I think both he and MG are big personalities and that goes a long way.

MG while seen as a lunatic, was always popular back in the day.

Mason is just seen as a douche and hated.

That being said goodluck with Willy will go great with Kade.

Fire

First Grade
Good signing Knights fans.

You would have got him dirt cheap and if he doesn't perform or leads other players astray, Wayne will just dump him to NSW Cup. In my opinion absolutely no harm can come of this.

I'm a Dragons supporter and when he was linked to us in the off-season I mentioned to my Dragon mates that he would be a good, inexpensive buy, who if doesn't perform simply gets dropped to NSW Cup. They all laughed at me. Looks like you guys will get the last laugh now.

When players play for Wayne they play out of their skin. Willie will do this. He has just won lotto as far as he is concerned.

shane1970

Juniors
INCENTIVE BASED !
No sign on even mentioned - this could be the buy of the century - cause he has his next contract (next year) to play for surely he can't be complacent if he is fair dinkum about going around again in THE toughest sport in the World.

aqua_duck

Coach
Well I am willing to give big willie a go and cheer him on. Anyone who is going to attract defenders like snowden has been copping is going to bolster our pack significantly. I think big willie will have a great year.

AceAv

Juniors
It will be interesting to see if Wayne can make something of him. He is a lazy lazy player from what Ive noticed, so Wayne is certainly trying to paint the Sistine chapel right now with both Newcastle and Mason!

Rolla

Juniors
Now that it is official it's positive from here in for me. Fresh start.

As many have said this seems a quality bit of business with very high potential gains and low potential harm. We have the right people here and the right deal to get the most out of him. If we do and he fires it will be a hole well plugged.

Jono078

Referee
Woohoo!

Do you guys think he knows and expects to be played in the front row?

Can't wait to see the big fella play!

8 Snowden
9 Buderus
10 Mason

How good does that look!

Latest posts