What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcastle Knights Signings/Re-signings thread

Jono078

Referee
Knights forwards for next year..

Ben Cross
Daniel Tolar
Mitchell Sargent
Jesse Royal
Matthew White
Danny Wicks
Richard Fa'aoso
Tim Natusch
Steve Simpson
Chris Houston
Cory Paterson
Zeb Taia
Cameron Ciraldo
Mark Taufua
Willie Tupou
Matt Hilder
Chris Bailey
Michael Young

Definitely not short on forwards.

Frederick

Staff member
No thanks. I'd rather see Abes retire than play against the Knights, and I reckon he'd probably feel the same way.

Pumba

First Grade
Apparently we have signed a bloke by the name of Toa Asa.

Quote From 851 in the "Confirmed Signings" Thread
He is a prop from the Magpies premier league side,good on his day,plety of size and runs hard.
Has fitness and training issues,should have been developed by our club.

Jono078

Referee
Argh, I just heard about some signing of a backrower (I think) on NBN news but didnt catch the name..

Anyone see it?

Frederick

Staff member
Cameron Ciraldo has been signed for 2 years

Source: today's Newcastle Herald.

The article also stated that we have now completed our signings for our top squad for next year.

keeney

First Grade
Why, oh why? We're gonna be paying a lot of players to be playing in the Real NRL all year? Do you think the sheer amount of injuries this year put the fear of god into Smith?

Jono078

Referee
Anyone heard of Kieran Vale ?

26 October 2007 - 8:42AM View all news | Send to a friend | Print

Newcastle Knights signed lad a step closer to ‘dream’
Shellie Brennan

Kieran Vale

KIERAN Vale is on the path to an illustrious career in rugby league.
The 16-year-old has been selected in the 2008 SG Ball summer train on squad.

Earlier this year, Kieran signed a three-year contract with the Newcastle Knights.

This was a ‘dream opportunity’ for the former Kempsey High School student as the Knights are ‘his team.’

Kieran will start training on November 5 and will play two trial matches next year against Parramatta and Penrith.

Kieran is following in the footsteps of other local lads, Malcolm Webster and Albert Kelly ,who have signed deals with South Sydney and Parramatta Eels respectively and will play in the SG Ball competition next year.

It would be hard to find a prouder father than Eddie Vale. He talked to the Macleay Argus this week and the glow in his eyes said it all.

“I am very proud of Kieran and what he has achieved in the six months he has been down in Newcastle,” Eddie Vale said.

“One thing we did as parents was not push him to go to Newcastle. He told us he wanted to go to Hunter Sports High.

“He was not meant to go until 2008, but when the sports master read his achievements he jumped at the chance to get Kieran there as quickly as possible.”

Eddie said Knights premier league coach Brian Smith had watched Keiran play in trials and was very pleased in the way he handled the pace and his ball skills and pace.

Knights Coaching and Development Officer Warren Smiles believes Kieran has many attributes of a modern player.

Smiles said Kieran’s selection in the train on squad was a stepping stone to a football career.

Club officials told Eddie anyone that comes from the bush takes a year or two to get where Kieran has got in just six months.

Kieran, who played for such clubs as Kempsey Dragons, Nambucca Heads and Dunghutti, was a member of the Western Suburbs grand final team who played against Maitland in the Newcastle competition.

Kieran scored two tries in the game and both teams were named joint premiers when the encounter ended in a draw.

“Kieran started playing as a five-year-old and has never looked back,” Eddie said.

“He has got his football family around him who support him.

“I think he is focused and he pretty well knows what he wants. He loves what he is doing.

“I would like to think others will support the kids in the town who are aiming to achieve what the likes of Kieran, Mal and Albert have. There are plenty of stars around Kempsey.”

Kieran would like to wish Mal and Albert all the best for the 2008 season.

Eddie would like to thank everyone who had a hand in helping Kieran accomplish so much in this sport.

http://kempsey.yourguide.com.au/new...igned-lad-a-step-closer-to-dream/1075962.html

roopy

Referee
Spike said:
I think we've lost Sam Stewart to the Titans
Pretty sure he came from up that way.
He is the only young halfback we have who is a real playmaker - but he wouldn't get a spot over the much younger Ryan Stig anyway, and Blake Birch will overtake both of them when he grows a bit.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
roopy said:
Pretty sure he came from up that way.
He is the only young halfback we have who is a real playmaker - but he wouldn't get a spot over the much younger Ryan Stig anyway, and Blake Birch will overtake both of them when he grows a bit.

Sam Stewart senior lives up here in Mudgeeraba or close to it. I got his autograph at mudgeeraba shops one day last year, his a nice bloke.

knights_86

Juniors
so does anyone know exactly what the NRL squad will be for next year yet?...

Gids, Mcmanus, Vuna, Maddog, Macdougal, Naiqama, Lulia, Uate, Gordon

Walsh, Mullo, Dureau, Karawana

Bedsy, Seu-Seu

Simo, Patto, Houston, Taia, Tafua, Ciraldo

Cross, Sargent, Royal, Wicks, White, Fa'oso, Natusch, Tolar

Bails, Hilder, Young

will there only be 32? am i missing anyone? tupou and tovo gonna be there too?

Latest posts