What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcastle Knights Signings/Re-signings thread

Jono078

Referee
Woah, that's an awsome signing, he is one strong bastard.

I remember last preseason Manly were on the news and they were having a barrell throwing competition, he killed them all, he's all muscle.

Not so sure on his playing ability though... Let's hope Smith can turn him into a Fuifui Moimoi :)

Frederick

Staff member
Yeah, the article said he took out the strongest man title at the Eagles...said he benched 220kg or something

Spitty

Juniors
We seem to be pulling off a few late low key signings to boost depth. Hopefully these guys boost the standard of the PL side a bit which can only help the guys that step up to FG.

Transporter2

Juniors
No Big deal, Unless he proves us wrong, I hope so,

Years ago he was playing in the Newcastle local league, before he was signed up by manly.

macavity

Referee
Finefuiaki = good with ball in hand for about 2 runs a game, and BIG liability in defence. I reckon I could step around him (and would have plenty of incentive to do so....)

Whats Doing

Bench
Knights have signed Matthew Burnham who is the nephew of former Raiders 1st grader Jason Burnham. He is a backrower and played Colts (under 19's) and QLD Cup for Souths Logan although not sure whether the family relationship ( Jason was QLD Cup Coach) had anything to do with his QLD cup appearances.

Probably used in the Under 20 comp. for Newcastle.

Jono078

Referee
NBN News said Gidley is set to sign a 4 year contract with us really soon.

And apparently that means that this will most likely be Buderus' last year with us.

Jono078

Referee
Rumour going around is we are set to sign Milton Thaiday because Polglase leaving has left us with some extra $$$ to play with and Smith is toying with the idea of Gidley to 5/8th or Halfback because Walsh doesnt look like he'll be ready for the season.

Thaiday is cool.. But id rather give Dureau a go first, and probably rather we get Hinton back, he has a future, Thaiday is a quick solution.

That's from the Daily Telegraph btw.

Bicey_18

Bench
Please no..... Gidley is not a Half

Give Dureau the shot at halfback, we would be alot better off

Spike

First Grade
I wouldn't be in such a hurry to spend the extra cash. I agree, Dureau should be given a shot at halfback alongside Mullen. What would be the point of the Kidley at fullback experiment which Smith introduced last year if he was not going to continue with it, particularly considering it was successful. I would wait to see if we get injuries in a position before looking to recruit someone with Polglase's money.

Bicey_18

Bench
Given Smith's relationships with the Telecrap .. how would they know what his plans are? There is no way Smith would put Gidley back at half.. surely he saw it clearly didnt work in the Hagan era...

6. Mullen
7. Dureau

IanG

Coach
You obviously aren't familiar with the word BONED meaning sacked. Either that or your just an imbo

Latest posts