What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcastle Knights Signings/Re-signings thread

roopy

Referee
an article in the paper today said Naiguama will live with Seu Seu for a while - the good part of that being that Seu Seu is still on the books. He is a very important future player IMO and great to see we didn't lose him.
On the negative side - is putting those two together asking for trouble? - or is it a masterstroke getting them to keep each other out of trouble?

Spike

First Grade
To be perfectly honest I don't rate Seu Seu. I don't see what the hype is all about. However creative he can be out of dummy half it's overshadowed by his lack of discipline and head explosions. Give me Tyne Owen anyday

roopy

Referee
Spike said:
To be perfectly honest I don't rate Seu Seu. I don't see what the hype is all about. However creative he can be out of dummy half it's overshadowed by his lack of discipline and head explosions. Give me Tyne Owen anyday
I want to see Jacob Jenkinson at hooker.
He is the best dummy half runner i've seen - maybe shaded by wing at his best - maybe not.
He is a playmaker, a solid defender, has a kicking game, loves to be in control - just needs to get some power and accuracy in his passing game and he has it all.

macavity

Referee
Terrance will have the charges dropped is the word around town

and he will be a star - give him 2 more years under bedsy and he will be ready to take over, and then some.

antonius

Coach
roopy said:
an article in the paper today said Naiguama will live with Seu Seu for a while - the good part of that being that Seu Seu is still on the books. He is a very important future player IMO and great to see we didn't lose him.
On the negative side - is putting those two together asking for trouble? - or is it a masterstroke getting them to keep each other out of trouble?
LOL, I thought exactly the same thing when I heard about that a few days ago.
I agree with Mac, Seu Sue will be a star as long as he stays out of trouble. He was a stand out in flegg, and given his limited experience, did well in Firsts, especially his first game. Smith obviously sees his potential, he made sure he was tied to the club after that one game. He's aggressive, is tough and has cunning in him just what you want in a hooker.

keeney

First Grade
He doesn't have the creativity we sorely need, that's my only concern. The hooker role has evolved, and Seu Seu seems to be a nwe version of an increasingly out of date model.

MSKnight

Juniors
I believe, everyone expects him to be as good as Danny Buderus.

Same with Andrew Johns, maybe we should let players be themselves.

Spitty

Juniors
I think he's got it all. We must remember he was thrust into FG a little too early this year. He still looked good at times but the pace of the game got away from him.

But him and Naquama living togethor is a nightmare.

Big Tim

First Grade
Seu Seu's first year at hooker was 2006 when the Flegg team made the GF.... That goes to dhow why so many rate him.

Raider_69

Post Whore
was just informed on the raiders supporters website that the knights have signed Junior Sau from canberra. Potentially a great signing for the knights, could really come back to bite canberra on the arse. Ive got a huge wrap on Sau. Strong, quick and powerfull running centre... potentially if you pair him on the same side as Uate, it could form a ridiculously awesome combination

Frederick

Staff member
Cheers Raider. Can't say I've heard too much of him, but if you have big wraps on him then he must be good ;-)

macavity

Referee
we have depth across the park this year. we could put 3 FG teams out. the question is if any of those 3 teams are going to be top quality. we find out in what, 4 months?

Whats Doing

Bench
He was a QLD schoolboy. My son played with him some years ago and whilst I haven't ssen him play since, he was big and fairly mobile for his size. The only fault I could see was that he wouldn't get himself involved if the play didn't come his way.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Whats Doing said:
He was a QLD schoolboy. My son played with him some years ago and whilst I haven't ssen him play since, he was big and fairly mobile for his size. The only fault I could see was that he wouldn't get himself involved if the play didn't come his way.

if you're refering to Sau thats a very accurate call, 2 faults in his game are that 1. if the ball doesnt come to him he doesnt go looking for it, ergo he is prone to go MIA often, and his defensive reads at times are terrible... but the footy in his hands with space to move, and he'll create something

Spitty

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
his defensive reads at times are terrible...

That's been a major probelm for us for some years now and Uate, Vuna, Mad Dog and Mad Pup are all prone to it. With Sua at the club now Smithy can have a master class on defensive reads.

Spike

First Grade
Matt Cooper has moved to Perth and is training with the Reds for the Jim Beam Cup next year

Frederick

Staff member
Was perusing through yesterday's Herald while at work tonight and saw that we'd signed some prop whose name escapes me right now, but he's a big Tongan fella who I think was with the Sea Eagles this year (or last), and played one game with them in FG, but spent majority of the year in Prems. Technically Central Charlestown have signed him to play in our joint venture Premier League team, but Smith says he'll be training with the full time squad as he followed his progress in PL very closely and liked what he saw.

Latest posts