What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcastle Knights Signings/Re-signings thread

Big Tim

First Grade
I can see Karawana becoming out bench utility. He can play some 6, so naturally you would imagine he could play hooker too, he can tackle so the back row wouldnt be out of the question and he also has speed so could play in the centres if required.

keeney

First Grade
He certainly has, he doesnt shoulder charge or run up for his big hits, just good technique and some nice explosive acceleration off the spot. I was very impressed, he used to be far moer average.

Yosh

Coach
Good to see Young playing a couple of positions well yesterday. Came in as 5/8th to cover injury, slotted in effortlessly into hooker when Bedsy was given a rest and played well for a long period at back row too. Good hits was good to see.

I would just like to see him cut his hair and pull up his socks. HATE seeing players with their socks down, even thought Simmo does it.

weststigerman said:
Whatuira -> somewhere other than tigers, possibly union.

In today's RLW Sheens is quoted saying they can't keep him due to salary cap pressures.

Why not?

Won two premierships at two different clubs. Very good player.

I dont get into arguments these days dude!

But thats not the way you worded it.

On a personal note he would be a nice signing.

Yosh

Coach
Baron Vo Mandor said:
I dont get into arguments these days dude!

But thats not the way you worded it.

On a personal note he would be a nice signing.

It was pretty obvious and it was funny too yur comment:D

keeney

First Grade
Opinions? I know many here have rated him, style of player? Compare him to someone?

macavity

Referee
a bit like pato physically , but more solid and not as athletic

seems to have a better work rate but not as explosive.

awesome signing, I think he will be a star for us.

Jono078

Referee
Definitely has a great workrate for a young player.

Basically tackles everything and can make solid runs out wide.

I'm happy with the signing.

keeney

First Grade
My only concern is we have a glut of talent and while competition for spots is good, I'd hate to see players miss out in the backrow.

Frederick

Staff member
keeney said:
My only concern is we have a glut of talent and while competition for spots is good, I'd hate to see players miss out in the backrow.
Amen to that brother. I'm really struggling to put a team together without 2 or 3 players missing out :crazy: