What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newton to England????

AdamT

Juniors
Burwood said:
He may not have been in the best form, but he was definitely one of the leaders in the club. He is going to leave a hole that will be hard to fill for the rest of this season.

Well said Burwood. Just what i was trying to say - but you did it in a nutshell. So back off all you other whingers who are quick to cast players aside once they look further afield.. Like BK, Like Kimmorley, Like Johnny Morris, Like Greg Bird, Like MacDougall (till he came back) Like Robbie O once he retired.

Burwood

Bench
Danish Moo Cow said:
Sounds like we let a player take the field for us a while after this deal had been worked out, just for the sake of getting into the 100 game club. Lame, I don't want people in the red and blue who have already walked out on us and are just turning up for the glory of it.

I've got no problems with him playing when he wasn't keeping a better player out of the team. Clint and Jack have done a lot of work behind the scenes for the club, and it is good to see him get the recognition of his 100th first grade game at the one club.

macavity

Referee
who is better that he is keeping out??

he is one of our best forwards, probably 3rd after Bedsy and Simmo.

Burwood

Bench
Danish Moo Cow said:
He put the club second to his own personal achievements. Very sad.
The only way he could have put the club second was by turning up to the match with the sole intention of racking up his 100th game and not worrying about his onfield performance or teammates. From what I saw of him yesterday, he was busting his chop every minute that he was out on the field. I don't think that his effort yesterday was different or less worthy that any of the other 99 games he had played for the club.

AdamT

Juniors
Danish Moo Cow said:
Sounds like we let a player take the field for us a while after this deal had been worked out, just for the sake of getting into the 100 game club. Lame, I don't want people in the red and blue who have already walked out on us and are just turning up for the glory of it.

Sounds like you are just making up controversial posts just so you can make it to 2,500 posts. If it was on quality of posts you'd be behind me. You are the Typical Shallow supporter who loves a player like Mad Dog one minute then turns on them because they go to another club... and bags them out, then welcomes them back with open arms. You'd probably welcome a player like Sean Rudder back too after years of bagging him out. Of course players need to put themselves ahead of their clubs if their clubs dont stick by them. As the Knights spokesperson said. They have no plans for Newton in 2008. Whats a guy supposed to do?

Well he tried hard, but he had a stinker. I'm just wondering what the Knights really owe the guy. He was hardly a leader, one finals win, a massive suspension and we're bending over backwards for the guy.

Like I said, lame.

Sorry, maybe he was leading the way with all that drop ball he conceded. Everyone was following him.

Jesus, you lead what you've got. You sure as f**k don't walk out on them.

Johns Magic

Referee
Danish Moo Cow said:
Sorry, maybe he was leading the way with all that drop ball he conceded. Everyone was following him.

Jesus, you lead what you've got. You sure as f**k don't walk out on them.

I don't think you understand what seems to have happened here DMC

Yeah, that could be true. If that's the case then shame on the Knights for putting him above development. But it's more than likely he saw that the going was good elsewhere and he asked for a release.

AdamT

Juniors
macavity said:
you think its a straight walk out, or you think its half a push....?

I think he dont knows what he's talking about. He's spent too much time thinking up a new name for his Danish Princess :D

Burwood

Bench
macavity said:
you think its a straight walk out, or you think its half a push....?

I've got no idea what's going on with this one??? He has been a permanent fixture in our top 17, so it isn't like he was forced to look at another club in order to get an opportunity in first grade.

Just an update- he has now officially been released and played his last game for Newcastle, but he is yet to except another deal- he is waiting 24 hours before deciding whether it will be in Australia or over in the ESL.

cram

Bench
The point is if the Knights did not want to release him they didnt have to. I would suggest he was told his future was not with the Knights and an opportunity presented itself for him to make more money and move on. I wish him all the best.

Burwood

Bench
And to add further, it was because of tension between him and Smith. Smith made it clear that he was not wanted next year, so Newton took it on the chin and left before the situation became unworkable.