What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next 5 Games are critical

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Just notice we are in 10th spot on the ladder, however we are equal 5th on six points.

Looking at our next 5 games (Titans, Raiders, Roosters, Dogs and Tigers), we stand a good chance of winning 4 maybe 5 of those games. If we do it will set us up for a chance to finish in the top 8 this year. Yeah I know its early, but the next month will determine our success this season.

Also, its a bit concerning that winning these games, may also lead to Hook being extended - which is a real concern.

Parko1310

Juniors
Just notice we are in 10th spot on the ladder, however we are equal 5th on six points.

Looking at our next 5 games (Titans, Raiders, Roosters, Dogs and Tigers), we stand a good chance of winning 4 maybe 5 of those games. If we do it will set us up for a chance to finish in the top 8 this year. Yeah I know its early, but the next month will determine our success this season.

Also, its a bit concerning that winning these games, may also lead to Hook being extended - which is a real concern.
We absolutely must be winning at least four of those games, all 5 are winnable though. Any less than 4, and it'll be the same old season. Close to the 8, would've been there in September if we'd won games we should have. This year if we're to make the eight that trend obviously needs to stop.

Dragon David

First Grade
I can see the top 8 positions in this year's comp changing several times throughout the season with possibly the Broncos and Penrith being in the top 2 for most of the year. There will be several upsets this year and anything can happen.

For the Dragons to be one of those teams and actually finishing in the top 8, we need to be holding onto at least the 6th or 7th position for most of the season so that at least we don't end up on similar ladder points with a couple of other teams at 8th position and then bow out because of poor for and against.

Therefore, it is crucial for us to be winning at least 4 of the next 5 games to maintain a good position on the ladder which would almost take us midway through the comp. This should help build more confidence in the squad with a winning culture. During the comp, it could be a good thing if one or two players are rested on purpose each week to keep fresh and rejuvenated for the next game. In saying this, I hope that the guys in our KOE Cup start to shine and several ready to have a go in first grade to enable the guys in firsts to be rested.

It all starts again against the Titans next weekend.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Spot on Coffs Dragon. Last 10 will be interesting against stronger sides.

Winning against the weaker sides and getting flogged against the top 8 sides does not warrant an extension which may happen IF Saints win the next 5 of 6 games. After the last round we just saw I don't see any easy games as Warriors, Dogs and Knights were impressive last weekend and Titans have beaten the Strom. Dolphins lost their first game and the teams below Saints in Parra, Cows, Sharks and Souths will hit their straps soon.

I hope no decisions regarding extending the coach is not based on winning against the weaker sides but with this club that seems to be the pattern lately.

TheRev

First Grade
The Top 8 is virtually unobtainable with teams like the Dogs, Warriors, Manly starting to push up on a Top8 from last year that was already bluddy hot... although I suppose the more even the comp is, the less points required to make it, but we still gotta beat 50% of em.

But this part of the draw we are in.. if we wanted to go on a run.. this is the time.. but we would need to win almost all of the games.. and they are all very winnable.. but conversely on their day, most of these sides could easily put 30 on us.. and im not sure if we have the resilience to get up for 80minutes week after week.

justadragon

Bench
You would have to think the Tigers will do something to a team very soon, the Roosters we will struggle with unless we have our defense well and truly sorted, Titans if we keep Fafita quiet we can win, I say no to the Dogs and no to our Bogey side Raiders. Hand on my heart I would like to say 4 wins but my Dragons supporter logic tells me 2 wins.

possm

Coach

Unfortunately, history tells us that the Saints often lose the games they are expected to win.

justadragon

Bench
I had only picked the Dragons for 2 wins , one being the Titans, now I have my doubts about even beating the Tigers. Kiss the 8 goodbye guys they will be well out of reach this year and god only knows for how long after that.