What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next club to break Premiership drought

Which of these teams will win a premiership first ?

• Total voters

anjado

Juniors
St George finally broke there drought of 31 years to win a premiership, Which club will be next ?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I would love to say the Sharks....But more likely..Parra or even the Warriors (NYC winners)

user_nat

Coach
We are heading into a bit of a drought..

TBH I can see the next few going to clubs who have already had 1 in the last 10 or so years.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Just to recap, those droughts:

Gold Coast Titans - 4 years (23 if you count previous incarnations)
NZ Warriors & NQ Cowboys - 16 years
Canberra Raiders - 17 years
Parramatta Eels - 25 years
South Sydney Rabbitohs - 40 years
Cronulla Sharks - 44 years

Doomednow

Bench
I'd say raiders or titans, titans would be better for the game. I would also like to see the Warriors take one. If I had to pick a second team it would probably be them.

anjado

Juniors
South Sydney

Last Premiership - 1971

Why they will break the drought first :

In Sam Burgess and David Taylor they have two of the most explosive forwards in the comp,Runners up in the toyota cup look to have unearthed some bright young talent.

Why they won't break the drought first :

Souths have been losing almost non stop for 20 years, they really need a complete change of attitude.

Parramatta Eels

Last Premiership - 1986

They have come the closest of everyone on the list, Jarryd Hayne when on form is the most talented player in the game.

Now that St George have won a Premiership they have taken over the chokers tag, Constant boardroom unrest, Over Reliance on one player.

Canberra Raiders

Last Premiership - 1994

They have a team full of talented younger players, If Campese didn't get hurt they might of gone close this year, Also have a monster forward pack.

Canberra have gone through quite a few periods when they had teams on the brink of challenging notably in the early 2000's but it fell apart, They also have the worst halfback in the NRL.

Cronulla Sharks

Never won the Premiership.

They are due to win the competition one day, Next season things are looking up in a playing staff way, Have one of the best forward packs in the NRL.

They have had far superior sides who could never win a competition, Had Jack Gibson and couldn't win it with him. Playing perspective the team struggles to score points.

Gold Coast Titans

Never won the Premiership.

They have finished in the top 4 the past two seasons, Have the second best Halfback in the competition.

They have been very poor in the past two finals series and have woefully under achieved, they also have an aging side.

New Zealand Warriors

Never won a premiership.

Won this years club championship, they had a very good season in first grade, Toyota cup premiers, Classy Halfback coming through.

They often flatter to deceive, with the exception of 2002-03 they haven't come close to winning the premiership in my opinion.

North Queensland Cowboys

Have the best halfback in the game and arguably the best player, have been on a big recruitment drive only way is up.

They seem to be in constant turmoil all the time which can't help, They failed to build on the success of the 2005 side.

I think it will be the Raiders.

If the Roosters don't win in 2011 then I wouldn't mind seeing the Sharks win. I've been promised it will be the greatest party in the history of mankind.

_snafu_

Immortal
I would like to say the Warriors, however, a lot of the NYC players are going to other clubs - which is a shame. It would be good for the Warriors to keep the core of their NYC squad so that they can develop into first grade players.

My money is on the Raiders. Very good and young team.

Talanexor

Juniors
Titans will win it next year. Would have been Raiders, but Campese will be out for most of the season.

2012 will be the year of the Cowboy!

gUt

Coach
If it wasn't for Campese being out for most of next season I would have nominated them. The Warriors could do it, as could the Titans.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
I would like to say the Warriors, however, a lot of the NYC players are going to other clubs - which is a shame. It would be good for the Warriors to keep the core of their NYC squad so that they can develop into first grade players.

My money is on the Raiders. Very good and young team.

Why feel sorry for the Warriors ? If they didn't spend the mega bucks to lure Feleti Mateo and Kris Inu from Parramatta, they would have been able to keep most of the kids.

bottle

Coach
If it wasn't for Campese being out for most of next season I would have nominated them. The Warriors could do it, as could the Titans.

Yes, but since we're not necessarily talking about next year as such could still be the case that they are the next 'drought affected' club to succeed. Not supposed to say this I know, but wouldn't be unhappy to see the Sharks get there, just don't think it's likely anytime soon.