What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next TV rights deal part 2

Are you happy with the new TV deal?

• Total voters

docbrown

Coach
Cheers as usual mate.

Think 9 have bumped up their Eddie McGuire-a-thon by 10 minutes.

Edit 6:30pm apparently now

Dominic White ‏@DomWhiteAFR 7m7 minutes ago
I hear NRL deal press conf expected 6.30pm with John Grant, Robert Thomson, Hugh Marks and Andy Penn

Last edited:

insert.pause

First Grade

I hear NRL deal press conf expected 6.30pm with John Grant, Robert Thomson, Hugh Marks and Andy Penn

Delaney is so boned...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So 5,30pm cornfed time??? Tune in, hopefully this has been all news spin and we will get the deal we deserve.

Tommy Smith

Referee
A 6pm Friday timeslot would be laughable. About 58 people would turn up to that game.

Apart from that disastrous possibility I'm willing to wait and see before making too many judgements.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
The HD isn't going to do them any favours. Hard negotiations for a day and then broadcasting closeups of bleary faces to the world in 1080i.

LESStar58

Referee

Don't like Thomson at all. Sat in the afl presser and railroaded us. f**k him off.

insert.pause

First Grade
You would have to think that there's more to the deal than just $1.8bn over 5 years if it's taken them the last 24hrs flat out to negotiate to a point that they can announce something.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
If these leaked details are correct, it's just another case of Newscorp and Foxtel getting everything they want yet again.