What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next up Rorters.

True_Believer

Juniors
I don't think our season is over but only because of the nature of the competition in which we've learnt to expect the unexpected. But I am quickly losing any sort of inkling that we may have overcome our fade out problem. Will need to finish top four and then hope we can find something despite the coach.

Get rid of McInnes, Lafai, Aitken for a stint. They are symbolic of everything that is wrong with this club over the years. They get worse as the year goes on. The fact that Nightingale keeps getting picked just goes to show what depth we lack.

You said it in your last comment. Who do we replace them with? So basically you want to throw in ISP players, towards the end of the season, just for the sake of it? They got flogged today too - but hey, that's OK - they deserve a step up to first grade!!!

MilanDragon

Juniors
The reality is we don’t have the players and it’s bdcoming evident as the season has rolled on. We’ve over performed so far in my opinion and are now coming down.

In saying that we have shown we have it within us to match the best teams and Mary’s job will be to get us functioning at 100% come September.

possm

Coach
Nightingale and Aitken are useless, some of the worst defence all year

Come on that's not even funny. Our weak point all year has been our right edge. We lost by 3 converted tries today and Mitchell score 3 converted tries down our right edge. Mary and his fellow old boys might want to show Nightingale loyalty and send off as a hero however, Nightingale is trashing his reputation and the Dragons are losing games mainly because he and Aitken aren't up to first grade standard in their positions. Where are our first grade standard backs Millward? Where is the 4th first grade prop we are desperately missing?

slippery5

Juniors
He will pick Lafai, Nighty & Aitken again hoping for a win with a better home game performance against the Warriors & then say "yep got it right"

blacksafake

First Grade
The reality is we don’t have the players and it’s bdcoming evident as the season has rolled on. We’ve over performed so far in my opinion and are now coming down.

In saying that we have shown we have it within us to match the best teams and Mary’s job will be to get us functioning at 100% come September.
If you’re waiting for Mary to fix things you’ll be waiting forever :weary:

Gareth67

First Grade
I love the dragons but I'm calling it for this year.

We don't have the plays, we don't have the backs and we certainly don't have the coach.

Goddamn I wish we'd signed Cleary when we had a chance.

Me also , but I believe that we did attempt to sign him but he decided upon the Tigers - a bit more freedom over there .

True_Believer

Juniors
Come on that's not even funny. Our weak point all year has been our right edge. We lost by 3 converted tries today and Mitchell score 3 converted tries down our right edge. Mary and his fellow old boys might want to show Nightingale loyalty and send off as a hero however, Nightingale is trashing his reputation and the Dragons are losing games mainly because he and Aitken aren't up to first grade standard in their positions. Where are our first grade standard backs Millward? Where is the 4th first grade prop we are desperately missing?

Get off the Millward bashing wagon possm. It's obvious you don't like him and you'll jump on anything to have a go at him. Let it go.

possm

Coach
I don't think our season is over but only because of the nature of the competition in which we've learnt to expect the unexpected. But I am quickly losing any sort of inkling that we may have overcome our fade out problem. Will need to finish top four and then hope we can find something despite the coach.

Get rid of McInnes, Lafai, Aitken for a stint. They are symbolic of everything that is wrong with this club over the years. They get worse as the year goes on. The fact that Nightingale keeps getting picked just goes to show what depth we lack.

Well it's a mess! How can we have used up all our cap and still have outside backs that are not up to first grade standard.

Old Timer

Coach
So bloody strange, we can score effortlessly when we aren't panicking.
A gross over statement there I think.
Scoring consolation tries is not scoring effortlessly because we aren't panicking.
Roosters had put everything into and had clocked off and when Keary was off the paddock they slowed in all aspects of their game.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
FMD - he makes a mistake and you crucify him. Hate to see what happens when the Lomax, apparently the messiah to many in here, comes in and makes his first mistake.
not crucifying him by any means, just confusing about how he caught a difficult one a minute earlier but dropped that one. :/

rednwhites

Juniors
Well it's a mess! How can we have used up all our cap and still have outside backs that are not up to first grade standard.

Have to agree that recruitment in the backs has been sub standard. I don't pretend to know the finer details of it all but now that our backrowers are busted and can't dominate games like they once did, we are being shown up for depth. With Tedesco, Manu, Mitchell, Ferguson and Tupou all firing we did not really stand a chance today. That is we were beaten before the game started and that is pretty much how it played out.

Gareth67

First Grade
What will Mary do to stop this slide ? There does not seem to be any enthusiasm in the team any longer, they seem to be going through the motions at times. The stats had the players doing the workload but most unfortunately our attack is crap , our halves are not combining as they did earlier in the season.

How many of us said that Widdop and Hunts would only get better as the season goes on ? It’s not happening, there is a problem there somewhere. The backs defense was diabolical , the crooks went through them at will , the silly beggars must learn how to tackle and see what’s in front of them .

They were bluudy shocking , as some have already said - a shameful performance from some of those players that rips your heart out .

WoyD4LWoy

Juniors
We could have won this game just lack of passion and respect of wearing the big Red V! I am not one to want to blame McGregor but yeah he should not be coaching! Harry Bath was the last coach who played for Dragons to get us into a GF 79..85 Masters, 92-93 Smith, 96-99 David Waite 2010 Wayne Bennett! Mary you are a nice bloke and love our club be a bit harder on the boys, you're their coach not their mate! Get a plan B Mary

Latest posts