What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next up Rorters.

hewi

Bench
Just an observation having been at the game, where were all the Dragons fans? It’s as if they knew what we coming and didn’t want to waste their Sunday afternoon, normally a sea of red and white but not today.

gregstar

Referee
Just an observation having been at the game, where were all the Dragons fans? It’s as if they knew what we coming and didn’t want to waste their Sunday afternoon, normally a sea of red and white but not today.

they made the right decision.

i couldn't make it.
i had to wash my hair

Dea

Juniors
this was a showcase game of our premiership aspirations. Unfortunately it highlighted our deficiencies. Lack of attacking strategy. Slow backline. Nighty has been a champion and continues to compete, but the game has moved past his ability. Aitkin and Lafai offered us nothing. It could be Show over.

Tuddy

Juniors
We could have won this game just lack of passion and respect of wearing the big Red V! I am not one to want to blame McGregor but yeah he should not be coaching! Harry Bath was the last coach who played for Dragons to get us into a GF 79..85 Masters, 92-93 Smith, 96-99 David Waite 2010 Wayne Bennett! Mary you are a nice bloke and love our club be a bit harder on the boys, you're their coach not their mate! Get a plan B Mary

Totally agree with the mate thing. I said it two years ago and nothing's changed.

rasaint

Juniors
Hi All yes we are not playing well. However footy can be a funny game and we are to be in the finals so let us see what happens.

Melbourne and then roosters have a huge head start on recruitment due to TPAs so our guys are probably the best team the dragons can put together for the cash available.From memory the paper reported the Storm at $970k and Roosters at $800K against Dragons $26K in TPAs .

Let’s be clear the Roosters were far the better team. When you are going well things fall your way and into place. The over ruled no try is an example as was the pass to Fergo which looked forward as soon as thrown. Dufty was held back when backing up Simms break and that foul was missed.

That’s the way the cooks crumbles. The fat lady hasn’t sung the last song.

gregstar

Referee
The fat lady hasn’t sung the last song.
Screen-Shot-2015-11-25-at-22.10.41.png

tell her that.

SEAT 1A

Bench
A meek performance against a fellow top 4 contender.

What was the team thinking.

We got back to a position to reply after the Rooster blew us away in the first half and nothing.

A win today and second on the table. Now, there is blood in the water for the rest of the season and I can't see any other result other than we will make the numbers and get hammered again.

possm

Coach
Hi All yes we are not playing well. However footy can be a funny game and we are to be in the finals so let us see what happens.

Melbourne and then roosters have a huge head start on recruitment due to TPAs so our guys are probably the best team the dragons can put together for the cash available.From memory the paper reported the Storm at $970k and Roosters at $800K against Dragons $26K in TPAs .

Let’s be clear the Roosters were far the better team. When you are going well things fall your way and into place. The over ruled no try is an example as was the pass to Fergo which looked forward as soon as thrown. Dufty was held back when backing up Simms break and that foul was missed.

That’s the way the cooks crumbles. The fat lady hasn’t sung the last song.
It's very hard to fatham. TPA's should be a given for us mainly because we are closely associated with WIN TV and they alone would have to have a customer list to die for. Surely WIN TV could arrange TPA's for the Dragons.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
You said it in your last comment. Who do we replace them with? So basically you want to throw in ISP players, towards the end of the season, just for the sake of it? They got flogged today too - but hey, that's OK - they deserve a step up to first grade!!!

We have no back up from reserve grade. Once Nene is fit JP will go back. Centres in reserve grade are Lomax and Garrick. The other winger isn't even contracted to the NRL (Tohi) and Masters is on a DP contract so cant play NRL. Who else is there? Well Herbert, he plays fullback, can play centre and wing. Do we leave JP, because that's all we have? ON Lomax he played his first game for 8 weeks today and his 6th game of the year and Wyong had a field day down his (and Masters) side today.

This Year?

Immortal
What was the team thinking.

We got back to a position to reply after the Rooster blew us away in the first half and nothing.

A win today and second on the table. Now, there is blood in the water for the rest of the season and I can't see any other result other than we will make the numbers and get hammered again.
What gets me is after leading the comp for most of the season and with a favourable draw we will hang on by our fingernails to a top 4 spot to go out in straight sets to the Storm and Broncos.

SEAT 1A

Bench
What gets me is after leading the comp for most of the season and with a favourable draw we will hang on by our fingernails to a top 4 spot to go out in straight sets to the Storm and Broncos.

Agree sadly. I could handle a loss today however, there seemed no spirit at all.

sco22

Juniors
It's very hard to fatham. TPA's should be a given for us mainly because we are closely associated with WIN TV and they alone would have to have a customer list to die for. Surely WIN TV could arrange TPA's for the Dragons.
WIN TV couldn’t give a shit about the dragons they only interested what’s in it for them money.

There were a group of gentleman from ALFA ROMEO to help out the dragons and it was declined by management and also Bingo waste offered go figure Possm I just sick of the bullshit from McGregor and Dragons management we should gaining momentum not sliding just pathetic

This Year?

Immortal
I noticed that too. I've never seen so many Roosters supporters before either.

Life's Good

Coach
From today(apologies if it’s been posted).

Negatives
Our halves are unable to build pressure with their kicking game
Friz turning back into the middle when he is capable of busting through on the edge
Lack of verbal ‘mongrel’ on the field. No one blew up when Dufty got held back
Our coach

Positives
We wore the right jersey today

Frank Facer

First Grade
Our right edge is absolutely shocking. Aitken is not a centr, can't pass, bad reads in defence and no idea on how to break the line. Nightingale is past it and Frizell has a problem with lateral movement in defence. We need to:
Drop Nightingale for anyone of our youngsters.
Aitken to the bench.
Man to right centre for now.
Frizell to prop.
Leilua to left edge.
Sims to right edge.

Our team is so poorly coached is stands out a mile. Sack the pretender and sign some who knows what he is doing.

I'm as angry as hell so they had better improve out of sight in the second half.
I agree with everything you said possm. I would do exactly the same think if I was coach. Lucky has looked pretty good the last few weeks. He looks like he is finally starting to feel he belongs in first grade. Sims has looked just as good on the right hand side as the left, maybe even better.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Aitken was mentioned as centre for SOO ?

Back rower at best in 1st grade. Flo, luv u mate, but time is over. This is embarrassing.
Aitken is too small to be a regular starting backrower. I think he could be utilised best as our utility (can play centre or backrow off the bench). Similar to how Easts use Aubusson. If not let him find another club, while he is still viewed positively by them.

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
Far out.

Time for Lafai, Aitken, Pereira and McInnes to get the hook. They offer nothing.

Nightingale just wont hang up those boots for some reason.
Nightingale is getting paid at least $5000 a week to play footy. Where else is he going to make that kind of money? There is your reason. The real question is, why does Mary continue to select him? Nightingale should not have been in our side at the start of the season or anytime during the season.