What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

nick87

Coach
Call me crazy, because maybe i am, but Dez Bryant has been franchised, but ive been thinking if i were a team like say NE, why wouldnt i just sign him, surrender the two first rounders and go and get him.

Same with Indy, and Seattle before getting Graham. I dont understand why NFL teams never go after guys like that on franchise tags. A team like Indy, could really put themselves over the top with someone like Dez.

Am i crazy for thinking teams should be willing to part with 2 first rounders for a proven top elite player like this? Buffalo gave up a first to get Sammy Watkins last year before playing a snap of NFL football. Indy gave up a 1st for Trich. Dez is 26 years old, he's got 4 years of elite production left in him. Maybe more.

If i were Indy or NE, id do that in a heart beat

Last edited:
I was watching the game last and it took about 10 whole minutes for me to start wondering when the NFL starts.

I need me some pigskin, St. George is only serving up foreskin. :(

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Because your giving up 2 first rounders for a bloke that will most likely walk a year later, unless he is given Elite WR money.

Tom155

Coach
Around The NFL‏@AroundTheNFL14s14 seconds ago
Another shocking retirement. Chris Borland says he's retiring from the NFL after just one season. Played great for Niners last year.

:shock: Wow!

nick87

Coach
Because your giving up 2 first rounders for a bloke that will most likely walk a year later, unless he is given Elite WR money.

Your not signing him to a one year deal. Your signing him to a multi year deal that pays the man. He's an elite receiver, you'd obviously have to pay him like one but again, why not?

Huge news on Borland

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member
Around The NFL‏@AroundTheNFL14s14 seconds ago
Another shocking retirement. Chris Borland says he's retiring from the NFL after just one season. Played great for Niners last year.

:shock: Wow!

This is seriously the worst offseason I can ever remember

Lose Harbaugh, Fangio, Roman, Donatell, etc
Replace with a very underwhelming coaching staff
Lose Willis
Lose Gore
Lose Iupati
Lose Borland
Lose Culliver
Lose Cox
Lose Johnson

Division cellar here we come!!

abpanther

Staff member
Borland and Worilds are examples of young players in their prime deciding to retire due to health concerns, I think this is a major issue for the league moving forward both in terms of the quality of the league and also issues between owners and player reps regarding handing back salaries and teams seeking compensatory picks

I think we will see more and more players walk away before the age of 30.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
Borland and Worilds are examples of young players in their prime deciding to retire due to health concerns, I think this is a major issue for the league moving forward both in terms of the quality of the league and also issues between owners and player reps regarding handing back salaries and teams seeking compensatory picks

I think we will see more and more players walk away before the age of 30.

I'd be ripped up if Cam or Luke walked after only one year but you are right that it will happen more and more. if these players are smart, with the amount that they earn and with the college education it's feasible for them to retire after 1-3 years in the NFL.

abpanther

Staff member
The timing is a little strange for a guy like Borland, given the risks he's already exposed himself too and his career trajectory I would've thought he would stick around at least for his next contract, it's not like he's received much financial reward so far

shiznit

Coach
losing Borland is a HUGE blow for Niners....

The one positive for the Niners after losing Willis was that Borland had come from nowhere last season to have a hell of a rookie season.

So this is beyond terrible for them....

kurt faulk

Coach
This is seriously the worst offseason I can ever remember

Lose Harbaugh, Fangio, Roman, Donatell, etc
Replace with a very underwhelming coaching staff
Lose Willis
Lose Gore
Lose Iupati
Lose Borland
Lose Culliver
Lose Cox
Lose Johnson

Division cellar here we come!!

You have to pry it out of the Rams hands first.

aqua_duck

Coach
The timing is a little strange for a guy like Borland, given the risks he's already exposed himself too and his career trajectory I would've thought he would stick around at least for his next contract, it's not like he's received much financial reward so far

Exactly, after playing football all through HS and 4 years of college for nothing except a scholarship to then retire after one year of getting paid is weird.

shiznit

Coach
Sorry for not being a pessimist.

Having fun?
:lol:

A little bit...

Considering you laughed at the fact that the Raiders were cursed...

And barely a day after we debate whether the 49ers were going to suffer a Harbaugh curse... This happens...

You must admit that's scary timing...

nick87

Coach
Yeah the curse stuff really needs to be put on the back burner for a few years. If we're here in 2025 and the Niners are riding a 10 year losing season streak, havent sniffed the play offs and have a team full of first round busts, then i might consider it a curse.

Year 1? C'mon now. We need to have a higher bar for a "curse" than half an off season

shiznit

Coach
Yeah the curse stuff really needs to be put on the back burner for a few years. If we're here in 2025 and the Niners are riding a 10 year losing season streak, havent sniffed the play offs and have a team full of first round busts, then i might consider it a curse.

Year 1? C'mon now. We need to have a higher bar for a "curse" than half an off season
Nahhh... 1 years long enough...

You just wait... Here comes the Nate Allen curse.... :lol:

nick87

Coach
"Rivers goes deep to Gates... Touchdown! Antonio Gates... what a throw! Late Allen just couldnt get there in time"

Latest posts