What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

shiznit

Coach
Maaaan.... The Bills are building a pretty good offense to go with an already pretty dominant D.

QB - Matt Cassel
RB - LeSean McCoy
WR - Sammy Watkins
WR - Percy Harvin
TE - Charles Clay

They don't have a 1st rounder this season but you would think they will look at drafting some O-Line guys.

legend

Coach
Matt Cassell sucks! Kyle Orton is better than him. Give them a good QB and they'll be back in the playoffs and Ron will be jizzing in his panties...

Big Mick

Referee
Give us a QB and we are Superbowl ready.

I wouldn't mind Bryce Petty tbh. Apparently Rex was working him out recently.

shiznit

Coach
Give us a QB and we are Superbowl ready.

I wouldn't mind Bryce Petty tbh. Apparently Rex was working him out recently.
Garrett Grayson from Colorado State IMO....

Also.... Phillip Rivers only has 1 year left on his deal and is dragging his feet in resigning... The Chargers may consider trading him if it drags on...

nick87

Coach
He has a point Nick, I mean...you guys did sign Michael Vick fresh out of prison.

:lol: I thought it was reasonable obvious that i was just trying to stir up DC? :lol:

Anyways, i hope Lurie and Chipper are devoting as much time as possible tracking down the victim and have prepared significant package for her to now turn around and testify against Hardy in a jury trial :lol:

legend

Coach
I reckon Denver goes hard for Rivers knowing this will be Manning's last year. Rivers has a lot of admiration for the Broncos and could step into a team with a lot of talent. Titans could also make a run as it''s not that far from Nashville to Charlotte.

What would it take to get him? A first? I wouldn't but I'd do a second for him. It's too bad you can't trade compensatory picks.

shiznit

Coach
I reckon Denver goes hard for Rivers knowing this will be Manning's last year. Rivers has a lot of admiration for the Broncos and could step into a team with a lot of talent. Titans could also make a run as it''s not that far from Nashville to Charlotte.

What would it take to get him? A first? I wouldn't but I'd do a second for him. It's too bad you can't trade compensatory picks.
Rivers is interesting.... He seems like a pretty loyal guy... So at first glance you would think he will end up resigning or they would franchise him...

But then you look a little closer and you realise the other 2 big QBs out of his draft class he was always compared to Eli Manning and Big Ben both have a couple of rings each.... So maybe he's looking at win now...

And of course franchising a QB would be astronomical you would think... Considering the top QB contracts...

shiznit

Coach
I just did a little quick calculation....

The franchise tag number for a QB in '15 is $18.544M

But Rivers last year on his current deal is $17.416M so i worked out if you added 20% to that figure you would get a franchise tag number of $20.900M.

So nearly $21M... Not as big as Suh... And it's a QB... So not as bad as I first thought... But that's still a big number for what could effectively be a 1 year rental of a guy who's never led you to a SB anyway...

legend

Coach
No one would bite at a number that big for a short term deal. Rivers would be better served as trade bait for the Chargers or he re-signs for the duration of his career.

nick87

Coach
I really find it hard to believe that SD are going to move Rivers.
If they move to LA, maybe, but not until that's set in stone. Too much can go wrong with those relocations and he's happy in SD.

kurt faulk

Coach

Will the Whiners have any lbers at all by the time training camp nears?

Will the rams actually sign any olinemen at all?

DC_fan

Coach
I really find it hard to believe that SD are going to move Rivers.
If they move to LA, maybe, but not until that's set in stone. Too much can go wrong with those relocations and he's happy in SD.

So everything would depend on whether the Chargers move north or not. My feeling is that the decision of what happens with Rivers will be answered before the move is. In my opinion Rivers is gone.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

Will the Whiners have any lbers at all by the time training camp nears?

Will the rams actually sign any olinemen at all?

No, we're going to revolutionise the way the defensive game is played. Much like the Broncos with their 6 fullbacks or Chris Anderson's Roosters with their one marker, we shall give the world something they've never seen before and it will be glorious.

Seriously, at this point I'm happy to take complete and utter silence until the draft. At the moment any news seems to be bad news.

legend

Coach
What about Aldon Smith? On his day, he's every bit as good as Von Miller and not far off J J Watt IMO.

abpanther

Staff member
Yeah I was just talking about ILBs, on the outside we're pretty set with Smith, Lynch and Brooks