What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

shiznit

Coach
We paid a premium because we didnt make a long term investment. Basically we want him for 1 year, MAYBE a second whilst we groom a young QB, and the cost of getting him to agree to such a deal is over paying him.

As long as we come out of these two years with a young franchise QB, it will be money well spent

I think short term deal or not... they really paid what they paid because they didn't want him to hit free agency... With the strong demand for QB's it would have been even more expensive to get into a bidding war for him.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Alex Mack had opted out of his contract with the Browns. He could re-sign but he's officially an UFA now.

dogslife

Coach
A sad day indeed but inevitable, has definitely lost a step and wasn't being utilised in Shanahan's offense. Hopefully gets a couple more years though, somewhere other than the NFC South

Shorty

Staff member
The financials have been released, it's effectively a one year deal, Shorty. We can cut him in 2017, take a 4m cap hit and save ourselves about 9mil. No one in the NFC E is going anywhere in 2016 so it doesnt particularly matter
I guess it was a no choice situation.
I think the Redskins could improve, I must be like the only person in the world that rates Cousins.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Things heating up now with free agency looming.

Butler cut by Chargers, Foster cut by Texans, Johnson cut by Panthers, and Carr is expected to be released by the Cowboys soon.

Tom155

Coach
Amazed Eagles got someone to take Maxwell's deal

Trading for Maxwell & apparently releasing Grimes WTH Dolphins?

nick87

Coach
What ever we got for those deals is an absolute bonus
Those are straight up, old school NBA salary dump trades, clearing the decks for the good of the future

Getting anything back for Maxwell and Murray given their salaries is a real win for Roseman
Eager to see the compensation, likely going to be 2 or 3 day three picks

shiznit

Coach
Malik Jackson > Jags - 15M per season

Osemele > Raiders - 11M per season

not a surprise at the size of these deals as these 2 HAVE to spend this free agency in order to get up to the minimum cap spend or face sanctions from the league.

abpanther

Staff member
So has FA actually officially started?

I thought it doesn't actually start till later today