What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

shiznit

Coach
Ohhh true... The douche I was listening to said they could renegotiate in the 3rd season.

Well that changes it then...

nick87

Coach
Yeah i know the Eagles just extended Lane Johnson and Zach Ertz, both who have only JUST entered their 4th year, which is the earliest possible time to do it.
I think that's a thing the Raiders should consider in the 4th year though... like the Eagles you can overpay to begin with and use the bargining chip of a shit load of extra money early to get a team friendly deal that seems good now but in 2 years time is likely going to look like a cheap contract

zombie jesus

Staff member
Heath Miller, the man in my sig, has retired. This is a huge shock for me, I thought he was a 100% chance of finishing up his contract. Leaves a massive hole for the Steelers to fill on and off the field.

So long, Heeeaaaaaath!

Frederick

Staff member
Heath Miller, the man in my sig, has retired. This is a huge shock for me, I thought he was a 100% chance of finishing up his contract. Leaves a massive hole for the Steelers to fill on and off the field.

So long, Heeeaaaaaath!

Will make the draft interesting. Do we stick with the plan of fixing the secondary early in the draft, or do we replace one first rounder with another in Hunter Henry?

Personally, I take Henry and grab some secondary's in the second and third.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Will make the draft interesting. Do we stick with the plan of fixing the secondary early in the draft, or do we replace one first rounder with another in Hunter Henry?

Personally, I take Henry and grab some secondary's in the second and third.

I don't think they were going secondary anyway unless there's a safety they fall in love with, should be a few around in the second.

Last edited:

kurt faulk

Coach

looks like now they have moved the rams mean business. these cuts plus $6m not spent last season puts the rams cap space at $66m.

jj, tru, barron and mcleod can be re-signed if that's what they want to do. hayes, if he stays, will replace long. they may move ogletree to the middle and leave barron wide to fill the void of jl leaving. a garbage bin on the sideline will replace cook.

plus whatever FAs they have their eye on. they have the space to do whatever they want really.

nick87

Coach
Laurinaitis is a surprising cut
He's been a productive player for a long time, and still looked a difference maker at ILB

Long has been hurt a lot and his decline has been noticeable and Cooks is just a bum. So they make sense

Tom155

Coach
Eagles gave Bradford 26 million guaranteed :crazy:

NFL on ESPN‏@ESPNNFL17m17 minutes ago
Eagles agree to a 2-year deal with Sam Bradford. @AdamSchefter reports deal is $36 million. ($26 million guaranteed)

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/704780137292832772

Alex Marvez‏@alexmarvez15m15 minutes ago
Combined w/$78M rookie contract, Bradford will have made $114M through 9 seasons after new 2-yr @Eagles deal. 25-37-1 as starter. No playoffs

https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/704780236097978369

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
Im good with it. That 2 year 36 million, is actually going to shake out, once the signing bonus is paid and this year's salary gtds paid out, to be a one year 26mil deal with almost no money gtd for 2017.

It's over paying for sure and certain, probably by 6-8 million of gtd, but thats the price for getting the deal we wanted where he has no long term security, which allows us to draft a young QB and groom him for a season maybe two before taking the reigns.

When the numbers come out you'll probably find this deal is structured in a way that unless he plays out of his skin, he wont be on the roster in 12 months time and we'll have save 10-15mil by cutting him if he doesnt play well.

Im expecting around 6mil gtd for 2017.

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
Hahah absolutely it is
It's outrageous how much that guy had made, but that's Jeff Lurie's money, as long as we can get out after this year, I honestly don't care how much we are paying him for a one season hold over deal

Shorty

Staff member
Eagles gave Bradford 26 million guaranteed :crazy:

NFL on ESPN‏@ESPNNFL17m17 minutes ago
Eagles agree to a 2-year deal with Sam Bradford. @AdamSchefter reports deal is $36 million. ($26 million guaranteed)

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/704780137292832772

Alex Marvez‏@alexmarvez15m15 minutes ago
Combined w/$78M rookie contract, Bradford will have made $114M through 9 seasons after new 2-yr @Eagles deal. 25-37-1 as starter. No playoffs

https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/704780236097978369
Gotta be one of the most overpaid ever.

Good for Cows, Giants and Redskins:lol:
Eagles aren't going anywhere with Bradford.

nick87

Coach
The financials have been released, it's effectively a one year deal, Shorty. We can cut him in 2017, take a 4m cap hit and save ourselves about 9mil. No one in the NFC E is going anywhere in 2016 so it doesnt particularly matter

shiznit

Coach
It's QB money... TBH I think with the way the market is and the lack of other quality QB's out there... Bradford was always going to get paid....

The Eagles just paid a premium because they didn't want to give anyone else the option of entering the fray and paying even more.... And let's be honest here... With the Rams, Texans and Browns out there they would likely have thrown stupid money at Bradford.

kurt faulk

Coach

He got paid what the average qb would get paid.

Now he has the chance to make his mark. His legs will be finally under him and he will have the full offseason to get the offense down. If he plays well his real payday will be coming.

nick87

Coach
It's QB money... TBH I think with the way the market is and the lack of other quality QB's out there... Bradford was always going to get paid....

The Eagles just paid a premium because they didn't want to give anyone else the option of entering the fray and paying even more.... And let's be honest here... With the Rams, Texans and Browns out there they would likely have thrown stupid money at Bradford.

We paid a premium because we didnt make a long term investment. Basically we want him for 1 year, MAYBE a second whilst we groom a young QB, and the cost of getting him to agree to such a deal is over paying him.

As long as we come out of these two years with a young franchise QB, it will be money well spent