What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

Tom155

Coach
If we could pick up two decent DT's then I'm happy with where we are at for the start of the season. Good depth in critical positions (apart from DT) in a division that is improving quickly.

A defence that includes Bailey, Dawkins, DJ Williams, Dumervil and Von Miller has me smiling. WR corps of Lloyd, Decker, Royal and Thomas (barring his achilles injury) is pretty solid, especially if Matthew Willis kicks on.

I think we'll go from a 4-12 team an 8-8 or 9-7 teams and be playoff bound next season through a strong draft.
Theres not many if any decent DT's left & we have had ample oppurtunity to get some quality dt's this offseason, plus every other team in the west has improved a lot especially KC

There are of valid concerns like Lloyd potentially being a one year wonder, Thomas is looking like a massive bust atm imo, decker i really rate though the 1 mcdaniels move i liked, Tebow at qb is a question mark & willis has performed exceptionally well last preseason but never kicked on hopefully he can this year.

They have made plenty of puzzling moves this offseason like ignoring the d line in the draft/FA despite it being our clear biggest weakness, drafting 2 TE's then signing more in FA, drafting 2 safetys 1 year after we had just drafted another 2, signing David Anderson at arguably our deepest position, a couple of average draft picks.

Dawkins is getting to the point of where he's over the hill & von is still another ? Ayers hasnt done anything to justify us spending a 1st on him.

Dumervil/Royal/DT coming off a serious injuries may not be at their best for a little while

i think we will improve but not that much im predicting 6 maybe 7 wins we are a fair way of the playoffs imo this season with us ending up with another high draft pick.

Big Mick

Referee
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Here's one example of how chaotic the NFL world has been: Since Wednesday, the Arizona Cardinals have signed 51 players.

Raider_69

Post Whore
You bronco's guys should be a little bit happy
the browns deal for bunkley fell through as he didnt report to them, so he's since been traded to the Broncos

he's not a game changing DT but he's a really good run stuffer, not much penetration on the inside to get after the QB, but he'll definitely improve the run defence. He's a 2006 first rounder, still got some years in him.

I liked him alot in our old schemes but since Jaun has taken over he really wants the front 4 to be getting up the field, he doesnt fit into that

jaun move at a time, jaun ring to rule them all... SB baby

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Early bet surely has to be a Eagles V Patriots superbowl with the Jets being the big AFC threat and Packers the NFC.

Sleep

Juniors
Randy Moss retires. I'm guessing a lack of interest in free agency brought him back to earth.

legend

Coach
I think the Broncos have definitely improved but we'll have to wait and see how everything pans out, especially at QB.

The Eagles look incredible as do the Patriots.

Can't wait for the season to start!

Big Mick

Referee
Kamerion Wimbley won’t play on the franchise tag this season. That’s because the Raiders gave the linebacker a five-year, $48 million deal, a league source said Monday, with $29 million of it guaranteed.
The Raiders acquired Wimbley from the Browns last year in exchange for a 2010 third-round draft pick, then reaped the benefits. Wimbley started 16 games and recorded nine sacks, bringing his career total to 35.5 in five seasons.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/08/01/wimbley-lands-five-year-48m-deal-from-raiders/

Raider_69

Post Whore
ProFootballTalk ProFootballTalk

Danny Watkins agrees to terms with Eagles, leaving six-first rounders unsigned wp.me/p14QSB-Byk

about time, the dopey bastard can get his arse to camp and shore up our line and help protect vick... i still think our oline is not as good as it needs to be with Mike Vick. One more good addition and we'll be fine, and we still need a linebacker.

2 peices left, get it done Howie.

At this stage you'd think Jets V Pats, Eagles V Packers for the championship games