What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

Paullyboy

Coach
No thanks
he's not a very good player and i just dont like him much as a bloke, i saw him on the NFL network talking himself up, i know most NFL players do it but the way he was doing it just rubbed me the wrong way

Dhani Jones is the only NFL player I've ever met believe it or not, he was down in Australia 2 years ago filming some series. Anyway, I work for Surf Lifesaving and he came and did a few of our races at Freshwater. I had the chance to chat to him a few times and he's a really good bloke. Was very down to earth - if it wasn't for the cameras you'd have had no idea he was famous in America.

Paullyboy

Coach
Jets are paying $16 to with the Superbowl and $9 to win the AFC. I've just thrown a cheeky $20 on them to take out the AFC, great value I reckon.

macavity

Referee
Hey Penny,

Our franchises have become the fluffers, the ones that are used to gain leverage and increase contact offers by other teams.

*sigh*

Bizzare.

SF is probably the nicest city I have ever been to - it would be an awesome place to live. You would think that would play a part in their thought process.

Then again, it seems they all have a mansion in Florida for the off-season, so maybe they are happy spending 20 weeks in somewhere ordinary like Philly or Pittsburgh (or my Green Bay, for that matter) if it means they are a better shot at a ring.

Tom155

Coach
You bronco's guys should be a little bit happy
the browns deal for bunkley fell through as he didnt report to them, so he's since been traded to the Broncos

he's not a game changing DT but he's a really good run stuffer, not much penetration on the inside to get after the QB, but he'll definitely improve the run defence. He's a 2006 first rounder, still got some years in him.

I liked him alot in our old schemes but since Jaun has taken over he really wants the front 4 to be getting up the field, he doesnt fit into that

jaun move at a time, jaun ring to rule them all... SB baby
REPORT: Medical Concerns About Bunkley Nullified Browns Deal

Tom155

Coach
Five teams to watch in Osi Trade chase: Rams, Seahawks, Broncos, Ravens, Chargers. Sources say all expressed some level of interest

andrew057

First Grade
Kamerion Wimbley won’t play on the franchise tag this season. That’s because the Raiders gave the linebacker a five-year, $48 million deal, a league source said Monday, with $29 million of it guaranteed.
The Raiders acquired Wimbley from the Browns last year in exchange for a 2010 third-round draft pick, then reaped the benefits. Wimbley started 16 games and recorded nine sacks, bringing his career total to 35.5 in five seasons.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/08/01/wimbley-lands-five-year-48m-deal-from-raiders/

@billbarnwell

Oakland just gave Kamerion Wimbley more guaranteed money than the Eagles gave Nnamdi Asomugha. Yeesh.

Raider_69

Post Whore
REPORT: Medical Concerns About Bunkley Nullified Browns Deal

That would explain why we traded him away i guess... Philly fleece another team of picks for a dud product

As for Oakland... seriously they are LOL worthy, forget Wimbley

Stanford Stoutt got a 31mil deal with 20mil garenteed, 3 years, the eagles signed Nnamdi for 60 mil and 25 garenteed, 5 years

happy to be corrected but i think in 2011-12, Stoutt will be on the books at Oakland for more money than Nnamdi is going to be getting at the Eagles. If not more, he's damn close and he's not 1/4 the CB that Nnamdi is :crazy::lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
we should chuck the giants one of our 2nds to get osi and have him on the books and made to act as Shady's poodle, just for a laugh

Isn't it Stanford Routt? anyways, f**k the raiders, i hate being black and silver sometimes. Tommy Kelly is like one of the highest paid d-lineman in the nfl, with no pro bowl appearances. siiiiick, go al.

Not good enough Raider, first you steal our best player then you spell Stanfords name wrong! I'm Appalled. I will use this incident as fuel to beat down on you in fantasy! :p

Big Mick

Referee
Five teams to watch in Osi Trade chase: Rams, Seahawks, Broncos, Ravens, Chargers. Sources say all expressed some level of interest

Throw Pat's into that mix.

They've apparently made a call.

Suggests going to 4-3 full time.

Osi - Wilfork - Hayensworth - Cunningham

Woah...

I reckon he goes to the Rams/Seahawks. Easier to look good as a pass rusher in that division imo.

Rams would be a great fit. Spagnolo - Chris Long on one side, Osi on the other...letting Quinn develop.

Big Mick

Referee
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Bengals reached agreement with former 49ers LB Manny Lawson on a one-year $3 million deal.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I hope to god that Osi doesnt land at NE... the idea of him being on a front 4 with Wilfork and Haynesworth... no thanks.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
they do have a 1st rounder to burn from the saints, could make sence but then they would just be taking the piss out of the bad teams