What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

Big Mick

Referee
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

49ers committed $16 mil in 2011 to Akers, Rogers, Goodwin, Whitner, Edwards, Williams. Raiders committed $16 mil in 2011 to Michael Huff.

Big Mick

Referee
Per Schefter - 49ers sent out a mass email this afternoon to teams around the league to try and trade safety Taylor Mays.

Paullyboy

Coach
True but there are injury issues there.

IMO they need a good slot receiver.

I'd like to see them get Brandon Stokley.

Having Crabtree and Braylon as 1 and 2.

Stokley in the slot, Davis at TE and Gore at RB would be very good.

Particularly with Iupati and Davis maturing in their 2nd year.

That free's up Josh Morgan to be a #4 WR where imo he is at right now.

Vernon Davis is a slot receiver, he's a tight end by name only

Raider_69

Post Whore
I think Cowboys could look at Mays... he showed more in his first year than i thought he had, he has loads of potential and their safety play sucks

Rob Ryan could work his magic on him... would give up more than a 4th or 5th for him, which will be a hideous situation for the niners to picked him up for a 2nd only a year ago

abpanther

Staff member
Ok so the one day I spend away from the computer all hell breaks loose!!!

I like the Whitner signing, particularly because we didn't overpay and he comes with upside. He played on a very good pass defense and he is an upgrade at SS and he is still young, at the very least I think he replaces Goldson with no loss in production.

I also like the Edwards signing, I think he is a great compliment to our offense and provides a deep threat and big target that we have been lacking. Obviously his off the field issues are a concern but again, we didn't overpay and he comes with minimal risk and high upside.

Regarding the mass email to trade Taylor Mays, if that is indeed what happened then that's a f**ken disgrace and shows just how inept our FO is. Regarding Mays, I hoped that he could turn things around but I have faith in this coaching staff and
if they think he is not worth investing on then I'm happy to move one. Once again the stench from the Singletary era continues to eminate.

Definitely feeling a bit better about this season, of course all that quickly fizzles out when I think about Alex Smith starting.

abpanther

Staff member
# Mindi Bach MBachCSN

Harbaugh won't talk about what was said but said team had received
inquiries about Mays over last week & it got to point

# said "let's check it out" 27 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
# Mindi Bach MBachCSN

Harbaugh won't talk about what was said but said team had received
inquiries about Mays over last week & it got to point

# said "let's check it out" 27 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Bengals need a safety. Trade Mays for Carson Palmer.

Big Mick

Referee
JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
Marcedes Lewis off franchise tag, too. 5yrs, $34M base, chance to earn max of $38M with incentives, and $17M guaranteed.

RavensInsider Aaron Wilson
Steelers officially announce LaMarr Woodley's six-year deal. Came in at $61.5 million. Well-deserved contract.

Big Mick

Referee
jeffphowe Jeff Howe
by JaysonBraddock
Justin Houston was one of the OLB types that Pats fans coveted in the draft. Reports out of KC say he's in worse shape than Don Vito.

Big Mick

Referee
AlbertBreer Albert Breer
Olin Kreutz has signed his contract, and will be at practice with his new teammates here in New Orleans this afternoon.

Big Mick

Referee
kffl KFFL.com
by JaysonBraddock
#NFL News - Bengals | Bo Scaife to serve as backup - Cincinnati Bengals TE Bo Scaife will serve as the backup tight .

Bengals got Bo Scaife? and he'll be a back up. Thats interesting. Two TE sets gresham and Scaife with AJ Green and Simpson/Shipley on the other side.

Kevin Boss also signs with the Raiders

Frederick

Staff member
Great news about Woodley. Will be the defensive leader in years to come once the older brigade start to retire.

Latest posts