What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

Haffa

Yeh bro, fat albert is getting less fat.

Are you sure he hasn't dropped weight because Rex Grossman has been eating all the pies?

Rex-Grossman-Fat.jpg

LOLSkins

Big Mick

Referee
LMAO and people were saying how is he only going to be earning $1.1m.

Because they gave him a third party sponsorship to McDonalds.

Eddie Lab

Juniors

Haffa

@AdamSchefter
Eagles agree to terms with former Giants Pro Bowl WR Steve Smith on a one-year contract.

Gold. This has been the best off-season I can remember in a long time. I laughed so hard not because I think he'll be anything more then the #4 receiver but because of how many pissed off Giants fans this would have created.

I'm so excited, we now have Eli Manning’s two favorite receivers: Steve Smith and Asante Samuel.:crazy:

abpanther

Staff member
I suspect Smith still has inury issues and won't be 100% healthy for a little while yet.

The Rams signed LB Ben Leber

Haffa

I suspect Smith still has inury issues and won't be 100% healthy for a little while yet.

Week 4 of the season is the talk. Although I just read Eagles Doctors think he'll be ready for the opener. It looks like he's cover for Maclin who has been ill for a while, rumours on the reason of his illness have ranged from Mono to cancer but he did practice this week.

Last edited:
I'm so excited, we now have Eli Manning’s two favorite receivers: Steve Smith and Asante Samuel

except that one play in the superbowl where asante dropped a sitter. goes right through his hands.

that was the pass before the helmet catch i believe.

Haffa

The Eagles don't have a salary cap
This is the joy of not being lumbered with McNabbs (along with other veterans) contract.

BTW. Current cap figures include Vick's Franchise Tag $$ so if they can restructure him it will actually free up more room. Which I hope will be used to pay Desean and lock him up for another 5 years.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I have no doubt that the eagles will get vick long term and then with the space freed up, upgrade DJax
the question will be whether the money we offer is going to be what Djax thinks he deserves. He's still somewhat limited to a deep threat and home run hitter, he's not really a possession guy, and he's not really a guy thats going over the middle and taking it in traffic like the real elite players at his position

the eagles know this and they also know he is one knee injury away from losing a step or two of pace and from there, he comes back to the field abit in terms of his standing in the game... add to that people are coming here for less than market value, so we wont want to over pay for him.

Also Maclin was selected as a 1st rounder with the expectation he could develop into a true #1 reciever, which i think he can and will.

So the Djax deal is going to be a difficult one to get through.
If we cant get it going though, we can franchise him next year (once vick is off the tag) and then trade him in the off season for a replacement