What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

nick87

Coach
He was pissed about Howie sacking Tom Gamble, but if there was a power struggle, it would seem Laurie declared Chip the winner... Howie's been "promoted" and given more money, but Chip has been given power to run personnel... which means if he wanted to, he could rehire Gamble as GM

Basically Laurie has always found guys who are cap wizards, he can find another if he has too, but he is declaring this is Chip's operation.

Howie made run at ultimate power, and he lost. Chip is now going to hand pick his GM, and this team will be built by them, not Howie

Last edited:

kurt faulk

Coach

Well it's finally happened. Brian schottenheimer has left the rams to become the oc of Georgia.

Will only be a good move for the rams if they get a good replacement. Hopefully the new guy won't have tavon running up the gut into a mass of angry linemen twice his size.

nick87

Coach
Hahaha you must be estastic.
I got an excited text from a Rams fan mate of mine when he found out the news. His quote was "I cant f**king believe it! This is better than Christmas!"

kurt faulk

Coach

like I said it's only a good move if they get a good replacement. I didn't mind him to be quite honest. Having backups and backups to backups behind Centre for the last 23 games is pretty hard for an oc to function well. He did the best with what he had. The qbs left alot of points on the field. Alot. Britt could have had at least another 6 long range tds himself. And for some reason the oline keeps being a problem. Jake long wasn't playing well this year but when he got injured it was catastrophic to the oline. Not because they missed him but because it meant davin Joseph was rg for the rest of the season. He may have been the worst guard in the nfl this season. And next to him was the worst Centre in Wells. Schotty was always behind the 8 ball in regards to personnel available to him in his time in St Louis.

shiznit

Coach
Marc Trestman is a great OC... Trestman OC with Rex Ryan HC and in charge of the defence... I'd love to see that....

nick87

Coach
Re Schotty, his play calling/play design flat out stunk, the man gets given a swiss army knife like Tavon Austin and he uses to stab a oak tree

My mate and I laughed every week at the rubbish he was dishing up on RedZone. Empty Suit Hall Of Famer.

Big Mick

Referee
Rex Ryan HC
Greg Roman OC

Still in the air whether Schwartz stays. Apparently Bills said he wont be leaving, they have every intention to keep him...that would be great - keeping him as DC....

I'm good with that.

f**kload better than Marrone and Hackett.

Major upgrades.

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
Disappointed in one sense, really think he'd have been great in ATL
but it keeps an NFC team down and keeps Rex in division with the Pats. Cant be too disappointed about that!

Plus i like the bills, they deserve a coach like Rex.

shiznit

Coach
Great signing by the Bills!!

Marone walking out on his contract turned out to be a blessing for them.

In a lot of ways it's the perfect landing spot for Ryan... He stays in the same state... and he stays in the division he knows best.

Straight away this creates a bit of heat in the Bills v Patriots and Bills v Jets match ups.

The only real issue for him is he's stuck with the same problem that in the end got him fired at the Jets... He has no QB...

Last edited:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
50/50 with decision guys, I would've preferred shanahan, as I worry about Rex's offensive woes previously.

But having Rex, gym shorts teaching our d - scary good

abpanther

Staff member
I find it kind of hilarious that he's basically stepping into the exact same situation in Buffalo, great D and no QB

Very curious to see how Greg Roman goes

Big Mick

Referee
I find it kind of hilarious that he's basically stepping into the exact same situation in Buffalo, great D and no QB

Very curious to see how Greg Roman goes

Except he has talent on the offensive side of the ball. I don't see a Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, CJ Spiller or even Fred Jackson on the Jets...

Harvin did nothing since trade and Decker was meh...

With Roman, we'll go back to smashmouth football. With Spiller, Jackson, Dixon and Brown we have 4 RB's that can play and if we find 2 good guards our O-Line will be complete.

Priorities for Bills:
1 x QB
2 x Guards/OT
1 x TE
1 x CB
1 x DE/OLB Pass rusher

Last edited:

Latest posts