What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

shiznit

Coach
Except he has talent on the offensive side of the ball. I don't see a Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, CJ Spiller or even Fred Jackson on the Jets...

Harvin did nothing since trade and Decker was meh...

With Roman, we'll go back to smashmouth football. With Spiller, Jackson, Dixon and Brown we have 4 RB's that can play and if we find 2 good guards our O-Line will be complete.

Priorities for Bills:
1 x QB
2 x Guards/OT
1 x TE
1 x CB
1 x DE/OLB Pass rusher
Revis is a FA also.... Him and Rex are on good terms... That could be a a hell of an addition to an already awesome D.

QB is obviously the issue... Matt Schuab will probably be available... :lol:

Big Mick

Referee
Revis is a FA also.... Him and Rex are on good terms... That could be a a hell of an addition to an already awesome D.

QB is obviously the issue... Matt Schuab will probably be available... :lol:

As much as I'd like to see it I don't know how much would be available after re-signing Dareus and Hughes.

abpanther

Staff member
The Ravens got an excellent piece of news the day after being eliminated from the playoffs.

Offensive Coordinator Gary Kubiak is staying with the Ravens.

“It is flattering and humbling to be invited to interview for a number of NFL head coaching positions, and I greatly appreciate these opportunities,” Kubiak said in a statement. “But I have decided to stay with the Ravens.
“This is a special organization and we, like [Head] Coach [John] Harbaugh says, are building something great. I want to be a part of that and contribute in whatever ways I can.”

nick87

Coach
Good move for Kubiak too, he's a really good OC, he needs to rebuild his rep there for a few more years, otherwise i could see him flaming out very quickly at his next HC gig

Big Mick

Referee
Not really. He seems like he is happy because they showed they wanted him whereas 49ers and Falcons kind of just didn't really care.

I couldn't blame him for wanting those jobs but...they have QB's...well not really sold on Kaep as QB yet but still better than anything Bills have.

nick87

Coach
Im really surprised he didnt hold out longer to see if one of those jobs with a stable QB came to him

The Bills could mirror his entire Jets tenure. Ride an elite defense deep into the play offs but lack of QB play dogs him at the moments that matter most

abpanther

Staff member
The Bills could mirror his entire Jets tenure. Ride an elite defense deep into the play offs but lack of QB play dogs him at the moments that matter most

Exactly, he's pretty much going into the same situation except he's got better defensive personnel

dogslife

Coach
Falcons process was put on hold because the owner's mum died. I'm not shattered tbh I didn't want Rex Ryan anyway, I'm hoping we land Todd Bowles.

Buffalo is an odd choice for him though, it's virtually an identical situation, he just has a better defense to work with

BuffaloRules

Coach
Buffalo went 9-7... Slightly better than the Jets 4-12...

So it's an identical situation apart from the Bills being twice as good and a game out of the playoffs...

shiznit

Coach
Buffalo went 9-7... Slightly better than the Jets 4-12...

So it's an identical situation apart from the Bills being twice as good and a game out of the playoffs...
We're talking about his Jets tenure as a whole... His hall Mark was having an elite defence and nothing at QB...

Your just looking at the very end of his Jets run...

shiznit

Coach
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...cons-led-rex-ryan-bills-job-article-1.2074037

Sounds like Buffalo was Rex's 3rd choice but the 49ers didn't ask him back and he felt the Falcons were just stringing him along to he took the gig
I can't believe we(the raiders) didn't go in there for him... We have a promising young QB... A nucleus of young talent especially on the defensive side... the 4th pick in the draft... And 50-70M in cap room...

Not to mention low expectations... As coach Billick put it... You'll get a pass mark if you turn up to the stadium on time in Oakland.

He obviously just wasn't interested in Oakland... Which as a fan of the franchise I find sad... But completely understandable...

I reckon he would have been the type of guy to bring back that nasty edge to the Raiders...

Big Mick

Referee
Rex Ryan officially confirmed as new HC of the Buffalo Bills.

Greg Roman to be confirmed as OC of the Bills soon apparently.

I'd be very happy with that appointment.

I don't get the bitterness from some about him. He went to 3 straight NFC championship games and a SB appearance with an offense that was effective (Avg 25 ppg) and he gets labelled a bum after one bad year when the O-Line that he turned from a laughing stock into one of the best O-Line's in football was injured for most of the year - Anthony Boone was a shitty Offensive Tackle that was on fringe of a roster before he got there and turned him into a Pro Bowl Guard.

I'm stoked to have him. That may be because I've been tortured with people like Chan Gailey and Nathaniel Hackett for so long.....but hey I'll take Greg Roman with open arms.

They are also trying to keep Jim Schwartz as DC...which would be pretty scary if the Bills incorporated some of Ryans defensive schemes in a 3-4 hybrid with a wide-9 element.

nick87

Coach
I dont think Greg Roman is a good hire. But i do think Rex is a good hire.
Rex really needs a Kubiak, Turner style guy, a top shelf offensive guy, with HC experience who he could say "that offence, it's yours. You do what you do. I'll be helping but for the most part, that's all you"

Latest posts