What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

abpanther

Staff member
Rumours that the Raiders will announce Del Rio as their hire tomorrow

Pretty uninspiring choice, they may as well stick with Sporano!

nick87

Coach
I like Del Rio more than Sporano. I think the worst hire you could make is Sporano. But Del Rio doesnt move the needle at all

shiznit

Coach
Hold the phone.... Jon Gruden's neighbour's uncle was seen wearing black at a funeral this morning... All signs are pointing to Gruden jumping out from behind the curtain at the press conference tomorrow...

In all seriousness if Del Rio is the guy the so be it... I'm terribly disappointed that they have gone that way after they talked it up when they fired Allen.

I actually don't mind Sporano... As long as he has the right staff around him. He's an old school guy who was originally brought in to rebuild our line. I hope they keep him on to continue that.

From what I've heard no one really wanted to come to Oakland... As much as he gets criticised Mark Davis has done ALOT to right his fathers wrongs... Including paying back large sums of money to compensate other owners that fell out with father. It looks like he mended the relationship with Mike Shannahan...

And he's aligned himself closely with the league which was the opposite of what Al did...

The caliber of coaching candidates the job has attracted has shown clearly what most people think of the job.

The only reason Del Rio was interested was because he's a lifelong raiders fan who comes from the area.

We need to turn that around... I think we have the pieces to do it... Looks like Del Rio will have to be the man to lead it...

nick87

Coach
Yeah maybe, I was more implying that they are pretty much from the same drawer!

agreed
its grim stuff for the Raiders

They need someone just to bring some respectability back. Wash the stink off and show they wont go under 5 wins every year, even a couple of solid 7-8 wins seasons in a row, then sack the hack and aim for a legit coach

abpanther

Staff member
Adam Schefter reporting that the Broncos are looking to make a big splash with their HC hire

Makes me think it won't be a guy like Gase.

I wonder if Elway is trying to lure Cowher or someone like that

abpanther

Staff member
Also talk that Kubiak may now re-neg on his decision with the Broncos opening, Elway and Kubiak are pretty tight

shiznit

Coach
Well there should be at least 3 raiders fans excited with Del Rio getting the nod...

His parents are season ticket holders... And his brother works security for the franchise...

I'd say someone's gonna get upgraded to a booth... And someone else will get a promotion... :lol:

Big Mick

Referee
Talk Schwartz may now not stay with Buffalo but pursue other opportunities.

Can't blame him, he's done really well there and could cash it in for potentially a DC job in Seattle to improve his stock even further...or even a HC role.

nick87

Coach
I dont think he fits the organisation. He's a first class douchebag. But it'd be terrifying, no doubt

Tom155

Coach
The guy has never been a HC at any level, not even college. His first OC stint ever was with Denver coaching Peyton Manning, pretty hard to evaluate that.

Interested to get Tom's perspective
overrated hopefully doesn't end up as Denver HC same with del rio perhaps even more so

whole coaching staff got fired or told they can look elsewhere

abpanther

Staff member
overrated hopefully doesn't end up as Denver HC same with del rio perhaps even more so

whole coaching staff got fired or told they can look elsewhere

The more I read about Gase though the more I'm warming to him, certainly sounds like he's a very bright and innovative offensive mind

Tom155

Coach
Adam Schefter reporting that the Broncos are looking to make a big splash with their HC hire

Makes me think it won't be a guy like Gase.

I wonder if Elway is trying to lure Cowher or someone like that
Schefter tweeted they want to interview Quinn, I'd like that move.

my top 3 atm are, in no order
Dan Quinn
Todd Bowles
Teryl Austin (Lions DC)

Tom155

Coach
The more I read about Gase though the more I'm warming to him, certainly sounds like he's a very bright and innovative offensive mind

looks like he will get hc in Denver or SF so we will soon find out, I was a fan but not as much this season, all round coaching was awful this season