What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

nick87

Coach
This is just stupid baseless speculation, derived from how a guy looks but:

Tomsula looks like a football coach out of the 50's. It's hard to imagine he's going to be the type of guy who is aggressive on 4th down, or buys into football analytics. Like 4th and 1, on opposition 45 yard line, i bet that guy punts. Looks like the kind of guy that his first act is going to be to rip all the zone read stuff out of the play book and replace it with the double wing or something. He stinks it up for 18 months, being insanely conservative and then sudden flicks the switch and becomes "The Turn" Tomsula!

abpanther

Staff member
He has done a masterful job on the DL for years and the players love him, I think he could surprise but it will come down to who he brings in

I'm in wait and see mode

Big Mick

Referee
Also - Doug Marrone opting out of his HC role and being left out in the cold thus far... this might wind up being a HOF level Dickhead move.

Good. He is a piece of shit.

So glad he is gone it isn't funny.

We would have been 11-5 without that turd and his mate as OC this year.

Talk the Jags are interviewing him for their OC position. Good luck with that one Jacksonville...

Big Mick

Referee
It's a weird hire by 49ers. I'll wait and see what he does with his OC/DC first before making any snap judgements...but it is quite weird.

Get rid of the HC & Co-ordinators that made you relevant after years in the wilderness and then promote an assistant to those people to the HC role...I mean...what is the difference going to be then?

I think 49ers may have been caught with their pants down a little bit. Maybe the front office is, as stipulated, quite difficult to deal with.

abpanther

Staff member
Yeah I'm getting the feeling that this FO is a country club and they just want someone who won't challenge them or rock the boat.

I feared losing Harbaugh would be the dawn of the dark ages, I hope I'm wrong

Eddie Lab

Juniors
Falcons so far seem to be the last kid to be picked for lunch football. any idea why they haven't got a HC yet?

gronkathon

First Grade
Yeah I don't know how I feel about Tomsula, I absolutely love him as our DL coach but that's a big step up.

I think a lot will come down to the OC and DC but I expect Fangio to go.

I'd be happy with Kyle Shanahan as OC and Ed Donatell as DC

I read the name and immediately all I could think of was George's boss from Seinfeld (spelt differently I know)

dogslife

Coach
Falcons so far seem to be the last kid to be picked for lunch football. any idea why they haven't got a HC yet?
Front office I'm assuming. We've essentially got 2 GM's at this point and an owner who wants to be all over the process, it's a clusterf**k tbh

I'm hoping (praying) they're just holding out for Quinn who's already stated he wants the job. The only wildcard at this point is Denver, but they won't get the chance to interview him until after the Superbowl if the Hawks make it.

They had a 2nd interview with Bowles lined up, but the Jets jumped in first when Quinn told them he didn't want the job.

legend

Coach
If you are Quinn and the $$$ are equal, where do you go? Denver or Atlanta? Tough choice IMO as both have their pros and cons.

dogslife

Coach
Denver would be the easy choice for mine, they're a much better all round team. The only thing they have against them is Peyton Manning's status and higher expectations coming in.

shiznit

Coach
Atlanta for mine... A long term QB... Weapons on offense.

And from what I've heard Denver may need to go through some serious rebuilding as they went all out last free agency and are in win now mode.

The ones to ask would be Tom and legend... They would know the cap status...

If Manning decides to comeback for that $20M... What's the Broncos cap situation like??

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Have they re-signed the Thomas boys yet? Either way they will have around about 32-35 mill in cap space, without signing all their free agents, that should take up around 27-30 mill, if they sign them all.

Last edited:

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Also If Elway goes hard at Gase, then it's safe to say he wants Manning back, if not it looks like Manning's Career will come to a close.

Tom155

Coach
Doubtful Demaryius goes anywhere in the unlikely event they cant get a deal done, he will get franchise tagged imo

Julius more likely to leave

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Doubtful Demaryius goes anywhere in the unlikely event they cant get a deal done, he will get franchise tagged imo

I wonder what sort of deal he will get? Demaryius is looking at, at least 5 years 60Mill, But Julius? 3 years 18-20 Seems fair.

shiznit

Coach

Yeah that's what I was wondering in another thread... So that puts DT in the same bracket as Des Bryant... FA but will be franchised if nothing is worked out.

Looking at FA WR's out there... Id say Randall Cobb, Jeremy Maclin & Michael Crabbtree are decent pick ups.

Wes Welker if he's over the head knocks would be an okay pick for Derek Carr... We would still need to draft Amari Cooper as #1 receiver.

nick87

Coach
I very much doubt Jeremey Maclin leaves Philly. They'll franchise him if they have too but i doubt they'll have too

Latest posts