What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

Big Mick

Referee
49ers GM Trent Baalke on Jim Tomsula: "All those boxes we were talking about, he checked."

1. He isn't Jim Harbaugh
2. He does what we tell him too
3. He's our bitch

DC_fan

Coach
Wtf? Wasn't he offensive lines coach in Dallas?

If do shitty move unless some guarantee he will be the O cord soon

In Dallas he had the title of offensive coordinator running game/offensive line coach. But in reality he was no more then the later.

It is obvious he wanted out of Dallas big time and was going to take any position (within reason) at any team. As proven with his signing with the Redskins.

Callahan is a very good OL coach, but an ordinary coordinator and head coach.

shiznit

Coach
I love what Jerry and his crew have done building that line...

And I'm glad it's started to pay dividends for them.

I could see Jerry's heart breaking that he couldn't draft Johnny Football this year... So I'm really glad they are reaping the rewards of that awesome OL.

abpanther

Staff member
49ers GM Trent Baalke on Jim Tomsula: "All those boxes we were talking about, he checked."

1. He isn't Jim Harbaugh
2. He does what we tell him too
3. He's our bitch

Yeah that press conference was horribly painful, I'm not very optimistic about our future.

DC_fan

Coach
I love what Jerry and his crew have done building that line...

And I'm glad it's started to pay dividends for them.

I could see Jerry's heart breaking that he couldn't draft Johnny Football this year... So I'm really glad they are reaping the rewards of that awesome OL.

I am very happy we didn't draft Johnny Football.

shiznit

Coach
Yeah I think that was the sentiment of most Cowboys fans...

But you could tell Jerry was tempted...

For the record... If big Al was still alive I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up a Raider.

DC_fan

Coach
Yeah I think that was the sentiment of most Cowboys fans...

But you could tell Jerry was tempted...

For the record... If big Al was still alive I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up a Raider.

I agree Jerry was tempted. Drafting a QB is sexier then drafting an OL.

DC_fan

Coach

abpanther

Staff member
But which Vets would go to this sort of thing? Only ones really on the last throw of the dice.

Exactly

FA opens in early March, the guys participating in the combine are gonna be those fringe UFAs who need to do something to get noticed

nick87

Coach
it seems like every week some dude who bounced around as a PS guy, was a UDFA ends up being a starter or reasonably good rotation guy for a good team team and being a solid contributor, this will help identify those guys.

Im all for anything that helps guys like that show case their stuff and continue to try and work for their career.

DC_fan

Coach
But which Vets would go to this sort of thing? Only ones really on the last throw of the dice.

It will give some younger vets who want to make a name for themself a chance to do so in front of team scouts.

George Selvie was an off the street signing for the Cowboys last season and had a quality season. It's players like him who will appreciate veterans combines.

Monk

Referee
We do know from the rookie combine that a great combine performances do not always translate to on the field success.
I'm excited to see the workouts but, and how they differ from rookie numberss

God-King Dean

Immortal
Report: Detroit Lions' Teryl Austin pulls out of Broncos search

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2015/01/report_detroit_lions_teryl_aus_3.html

ALLEN PARK -- Well, that's interesting.
Detroit Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin accepted interviews for head coaching positions from the Bills, Falcons, Bears and 49ers. And, according to reports, he was expected to interview with the Broncos this week.
Then all of a sudden, he reversed course. After taking all those interviews, Austin pulled out of the Broncos interview and withdrew from consideration for the job, according to ESPN.
Which prompts an intriguing question: Why?
On the one hand, this could be Austin declining to interview for a job he probably won't get. (Gary Kubiak reportedly is John Elway's favorite in Denver.)
On the other, more obvious hand: Austin's decision to withdraw from the Broncos search -- after accepting every other interview -- could mean he expects to land the Falcons job.
Austin has interviewed twice there and joins Seattle defensive coordinator Dan Quinn as finalists to succeed Mike Smith.
ESPN reported earlier in the week that Quinn was the Falcons' No. 1 choice, and the team was prepared to wait Quinn out. The Seahawks host Green Bay this weekend in the NFC championship game.
Austin has been linked to five coaching searches since Detroit's season ended with a loss against Dallas in a wild-card game. That number has been whittled to one.
The question is, did he get it?
We should know soon enough.

Latest posts