What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

nick87

Coach
Jets apparently want Chan gailey lol

Rex is the best defensive mastermind in the game, warming to him being a bill. The jets and mgnt really screwed him over and gave him nothing to work with

Idzik gave him no chance. I think Rex is really good HC, but he's not going to do anything at the Bills unless he finds a QB.

As long as you guys find as QB, and the OC can create a decent offense, the Bills will be play off contenders

abpanther

Staff member
I dont get the Bowles signing.
I like Todd Bowles, i think he's deserving of a HC gig and i think he'll be a decent HC, but he's a defensive coach, usually when you sack a guy it's to go in another direction, and as much as i like Bowles, i wouldnt say i think he's a better defensive mind than Rex Ryan

To me it seems they've stayed on the same road, but slightly downgraded the car. If this is what they wanted to do, they'd have been better off keeping Rex and making him hire a more competent OC to pair him him

Completely agree

The last 6 Jets HCs have all been defensive coaches

dogslife

Coach
Jets apparently want Chan gailey lol

Rex is the best defensive mastermind in the game, warming to him being a bill. The jets and mgnt really screwed him over and gave him nothing to work with
It doesn't solve the problem of who is going to play QB.

Mark Sanchez is literally the best free agent on the market right now, I bet Rex is itching for a reunion

Eelementary

Post Whore
I expected for Del Rio to be confirmed by now...

Unsurprisingly, the word coming out of HQ is that there's a stalemate between Mark Davis who wants Del Rio & Reggie McKenzie who wants Sporano.

Mark Davis has been at pains to show that he's not like his father and won't meddle with football matters which was why he hired McKenzie in the first place. But I wonder if he just pulls rank here.

Del Rio isn't a terrible move IMO. Not the best coach around, but good enough for us IMO.

shiznit

Coach
It doesn't solve the problem of who is going to play QB.

Mark Sanchez is literally the best free agent on the market right now, I bet Rex is itching for a reunion
If I'm the Bills... I take a good look at what the Titans do...

From the sounds of things they will draft either Mariota or Winston at 2... Which would leave Mettenberger up for grabs...

I know he's been very loose in his rookie year but I think Zach Mettenberger could be something in this league.

shiznit

Coach
Del Rio isn't a terrible move IMO. Not the best coach around, but good enough for us IMO.
I wouldn't have really minded De Rio if they kept it humble during the season...

The problem I have is that they made all this noise about hiring a 'superstar' coach and they let the speculation about Gruden or Harbaugh fester... (Well to be fair I don't think they had a fair shot at Harbaugh as Michigan had already sewn him up before we even got a shot at him)

How hard was it for them to gauge Grudens interest and then make a quick comment to the media that they approached Gruden but he was happy where he was..

They fired Dennis Allen about 4 months ago.. And they still haven't organised his replacement yet Buffalo who unexpectedly lost there coach can get the replacement done in a couple of weeks.

If they could interview Pep Hamilton and Jack Del Rio while there teams are involved in the play offs... I don't see why they couldn't be organised and done it during the regular season...

The whole thing was a shambles... Which doesn't help the perception of our franchise...

Last edited:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
People may say I am crazy, but I still think jake locker can do something in the league if he remains injury free...

Moore I think the bills will make a play for too as a qb

Eelementary

Post Whore
I wouldn't have really minded De Rio if they kept it humble during the season...

The problem I have is that they made all this noise about hiring a 'superstar' coach and they let the speculation about Gruden or Harbaugh fester... (Well to be fair I don't think they had a fair shot at Harbaugh as Michigan had already sewn him up before we even got a shot at him)

How hard was it for them to gauge Grudens interest and then make a quick comment to the media that they approached Gruden but he was happy where he was..

They fired Dennis Allen about 4 months ago.. And they still haven't organised his replacement yet Buffalo who unexpectedly lost there coach can get the replacement done in a couple of weeks.

If they could interview Pep Hamilton and Jack Del Rio while there teams are involved in the play offs... I don't see why they couldn't be organised and done it during the regular season...

The whole thing was a shambles... Which doesn't help the perception of our franchise...

Spot on as usual, mate.

shiznit

Coach
So Jack Del Rio is very close to being done... With Mike Smith as DC and thankfully Marc Trestman looks like he's going to be OC...

Not a fan of Trestman as a HC... But I've always liked him as a OC... Really wrapped if we secure him.

shiznit

Coach
My goodness... Has Fangio just fallen off the face of the earth??

I wouldn't mind Oakland signing him as DC with Trestman as OC.

Yeah it's just popped up on the NFL Mobile app too,.

abpanther

Staff member
Yeah I don't know how I feel about Tomsula, I absolutely love him as our DL coach but that's a big step up.

I think a lot will come down to the OC and DC but I expect Fangio to go.

I'd be happy with Kyle Shanahan as OC and Ed Donatell as DC

nick87

Coach
That's an out of the box hire, interesting.

Niners might be the worst team in the NFC W next year if he's not any good

nick87

Coach
I must admit, with 4 coaching dominos having fallen, i dont think anyone has hit it out of the park tbh.

Bills - Rex: Like the hire, like the coach. But im not sure how this situation goes any better than it did for Rex at the Jets. It's the best hire thus far by far though. Id give it 7/10

Raiders - Del Rio: Thoroughly underwhelming, maybe he brings some respectability back, but it strikes me as a bridge coach, the guy who might win you 5-8 games and after a few years you need to hire a real coach. 5/10

Niners - Tomsula: Literally had never heard of him until about 8 weeks ago when his name started coming up in relation to the Niners job. He's clearly done great work on that Niners line but it's a really risky hire. 4/10

Jets - Bowles: Why not just stick with Rex if you wanted a defensive minded coach? They stayed the course but IMO, downgraded their head guy. 5/10

Nothing that has really made me go "Wow, that team is definitely going places"

nick87

Coach
Also - Doug Marrone opting out of his HC role and being left out in the cold thus far... this might wind up being a HOF level Dickhead move.

Latest posts