What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

Big Mick

Referee
49ers have Anthony Dixon (6th round) and Kendall Hunter (4th round) waiting in the wings, I would like Gore re-signed but not for DeAngelo Williams money

Both those guys aren't close to even being in the same level as Gore as an athlete.

Sorry but if you lose Gore, your team will not only be in the Nnamdi sweepstakes (which they wont be) but also in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

Big Mick

Referee
adbrandt Andrew Brandt
Nate Clements released, as per @MaioccoCSN. Was marquee FA signing by 49ers in 2007: $64M contract, $22.6M gteed. Treasure to Trash.

abpanther

Staff member
Both those guys aren't close to even being in the same level as Gore as an athlete.

Sorry but if you lose Gore, your team will not only be in the Nnamdi sweepstakes (which they wont be) but also in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

Yeah ok, because teams never find late round RBs, it's such a difficult position to fill :roll:

Um, you do realise it has already been reported that the Jets and 49ers are leading the Aso sweepstakes?

abpanther

Staff member
Michael Lombardi tweet: Jets main competition for Asomuga right now are the 49ers, they are in it strong...will be interesting to see how it plays out...

FYI

Big Mick

Referee
Michael Lombardi tweet: Jets main competition for Asomuga right now are the 49ers, they are in it strong...will be interesting to see how it plays out...

FYI

Yeah I know that.

But I don't think you'll get him.

I'd love it if you did....because tbh...I don't want to face Revis and Nnamdi! hahaha

abpanther

Staff member
Yeah I know that.

But I don't think you'll get him.

I'd love it if you did....because tbh...I don't want to face Revis and Nnamdi! hahaha

It's not that unreasonable, 49ers have plenty of dough and he already lives with his family on the west coast

Big Mick

Referee
Yeah ok, because teams never find late round RBs, it's such a difficult position to fill :roll:

Dixon showed nothing last year to suggest he can carry the load.

Westbrook was your starter over him lol.

Kendall Hunter is a great young player but he isn't Frank Gore.

Either way...it'll be based on if the O-Line perform to their potential this year. For mine Anthony Davis was a massive disappointment last year.

Big Mick

Referee
It's not that unreasonable, 49ers have plenty of dough and he already lives with his family on the west coast

Like I said, I hope so.

49ers could offer him what he wants.

But he has also said repeatedly he wants to win a SB and with the team atm in San Fran I don't think he would be the missing piece to take them over the line right away.

I'd love to see it happen. I like the 49ers....but I just have this sneaking suspicion something is already done with the Jets.

Why would Holmes ONLY be on $2.6m under the cap next year as reported if they weren't going massively hard for him. Just seems weird.

And Redskins traded for Jabbar Gaffney? really....lol

abpanther

Staff member
Dixon showed nothing last year to suggest he can carry the load.

Westbrook was your starter over him lol.

Kendall Hunter is a great young player but he isn't Frank Gore.

Either way...it'll be based on if the O-Line perform to their potential this year. For mine Anthony Davis was a massive disappointment last year.

Dixon was great in the preseason, was ok in the regular season, I wouldn't say he was terrible.

Hunter looks great, and lets not forget Gore was only a 3rd round pick.

I think the 49ers will surprise this season

Big Mick

Referee
JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
The 49ers have not informed CB Nate Clements he will be released. Not saying he won't be a cap casualty at some point but nothing yet

Big Mick

Referee
Dixon was great in the preseason, was ok in the regular season, I wouldn't say he was terrible.

Hunter looks great, and lets not forget Gore was only a 3rd round pick.

I think the 49ers will surprise this season

I am hoping they do.

But it all depends on Gore staying healthy, Alex Smith not being shit, and Crabtree growing up.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Aso to the niners would be good, like Mick i cant see it happening, to me he wants big dollars and a SB... the jets make sense

As for the Gore hold out, im with Ab... trade his arse. It wouldnt be the end of the world, Hunter and Dixon can work in tandem and get a job done, not as well as gore, but better to move a guy a year too early than a year too late, as Philly showed last year with McNabb

But even if they traded him and they completely shat themselves... you dont think one bad year where they had Aso, and in the following draft they could use top 2 picks on A.Luck and a quality RB is a bad move?

Niners should trade him if he wants big RB money. At this age, and recent production (which goes to the injury concern), he's not worth big $$

Big Mick

Referee
At the end of the day its what niners want to risk.

Risk being shit this year trading him and maybe landing Luck/another RB and not landing Nnamdi.

Or don't risk, and be safe.

LOL so we pay Gallery big money for years to be shit and just as he starts to play alright, he leaves. typical.

I hope Asomugha go to the Jets. The only reason i would be a little bit ok with Nnamdi leaving is if he goes and gets himself a ring. He can do that with NYJ, not with SF.

Paullyboy

Coach
Did I read somewhere that McNabb has gone to the Vikings? I find it real hard to keep up with off-season moves at the best of times, let alone this crazy off-season!

If we scored McNabb I'm very happy, I still think he has plenty to offer. Especially if we keep Rice.

Latest posts