What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

If we scored McNabb I'm very happy, I still think he has plenty to offer. Especially if we keep Rice.

he's signed with the Sea Hawks

Analysis: The Seahawks and Rice have agreed to terms on a five-year, $41 million deal that can grow to $44 million (with $18.5 million guaranteed and $3 million in Pro Bowl escalators), a league source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora.

Rice was the No. 2-rated available receiver in free agency (behind Santonio Holmes), according to NFL.com's Pat Kirwan. Rice had an injury-plagued season in 2010 (17 receptions for 280 yards and two TDs), but had a career year in 2009, with 83 catches for 1,312 yards and eight touchdowns (all career highs).

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency

legend

Coach
Deal almost done contingent on a hefty paycut for McNabb so they can keep Rice.

Still won't be enough to win a tough division.

Last edited:
Breaston - Chiefs

Analysis: Breaston will be reunited with his former offensive coordinator in Arizona, Todd Haley.

Breaston has agreed to join the team Haley has been the head coach of for the past two seasons, the Chiefs, a league source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora.

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah ok, because teams never find late round RBs, it's such a difficult position to fill :roll:
I think it is, getting a RB that stays healthy.
Gore gets injured but that's the nature of the position and I think Gore is a large part of the attacking structure.
Assuming Smith doesn't work out and Kaepernick gets a few snaps, you'd want a talented RB.

It'd be a big reason the Panthers wanted to resign D.Williams.

So, it looks like Ponder and Locker are well looked after to hold the clipboard and learn.

Any idea if Orton has signed with Miami guys? Tebow is obviously the starter.

Raider_69

Post Whore
the McNabb trade is offically done

for a 6th rounder and conditional 6th in 2013

makes ar look like an absolute genius getting a 2nd and conditional 4th for him

hopefully AR gets the job done on the kolb deal soon, as an eagles fan im seeing all these moves made and am getting itchy

Shorty

Staff member
looks likely but not official yet.

miami need a guy than can throw it further than 30 yards
Well they'd already have that with Henne? Consistency over distance I suppose.

With regard to the Seahawks, they have Rice and actually have great size in the WR corps, however they're going to do this with Jackson at QB?
Or Whitehurst? I don't rate either of these guys.

Big Mick

Referee
Would have liked Rice to go to someone like the Rams where he'd be used.

He'll have T-Jax throwing to him again now.

Just seems like a dumb move by him.

Big Mick

Referee
Looks like Vikings will need to go after a WR now.

They were going to release Berrian...but now they may have to keep him.

They got Aromashadu and Harvin now. They need a big play guy.

I think they go after Braylon Edwards now.

Big Mick

Referee
Redskins going hard man.

Jabaar Gaffney
Brandon Stokley
Donte Stallworth
Josh Wilson now
Barry Cofield

Big Mick

Referee
Seahawks actually aggressive too with Robert Gallery and Sidney Rice.

With James Carpenter and that other guard they got...not they have Russel Okung in the left, Carpenter on the right, Gallery at guard, that other guard they got in the draft....that O-Line has the potential to be very good now...Tom Cable influence coming out now.

this is f**ked. we probs have so much cap space with asomugha, gallery & miller gone, we should be picking up someone surely!

Big Mick

Referee
LMAO Chiefs naming their WR's the Killer Bee's. I like it

Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston.

I like Breaston pick up. I think it's a great signing.

With Dexter McCluster in the slot, and those 3 wide outs...I like what they are doing on offense.

legend

Coach
AFC West starting to improve...finally.

Orton can throw the ball a lot further than 30 yards but plays a conservative, check down style of play. I read somewhere he can throw the ball accurately over 70 yards.

Look at Cutler. Has an awesome arm but throws way too many picks because of his cocky style of play. A great arm doesn't always guarantee success but we'll have to see what Brandon Marshall thinks about Orton throwing to him again.

who knows with marshall..

i rate orton higher than Henne tho so...whatever. im sure they'll work it out.

the breaston signing is a good one by the Chiefs. well played. they have some good weapons in that offense.

Big Tim

First Grade
2 good signings for us in Wilson and Cofield.

The WR's are meh. Looks like we are just gonna try a bunch of guys and see who might make some plays.

kurt faulk

Coach
As a 49ers fan, I really hope the Cards make that deal for Kolb.

Don't you reckon Kurt?

man, i didn't even notice this thread until big tim mentioned it in the other thread.

doesn't matter who the cards bring in. their line is shit and the rams front four are gonna eat him alive.

i was hoping they sign bulger. how beautiful would that be.

Latest posts