What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

Big Mick

Referee
Shanahan: Weather part of reason to spurn Bills

Posted: February 26th, 2010 | Jason Feller | Tags: 2010 NFL Scouting Combine, Buffalo Bills, Mike Shanahan, Washington Redskins

INDIANAPOLIS — Buffalo’s cold-weather reputation apparently froze any chance the Bills had at hiring Mike Shanahan.

Shanahan, now the Redskins’ coach, chose not to pursue the Bills’ head-coaching job after interviewing with the team in November. He said Friday at the NFL Scouting Combine that he gave the Buffalo job “some consideration,” and he praised the Bills for being “an excellent organization and very well-run,” but there was one significant reason for him choosing to look elsewhere.

“If I went to Buffalo to live there, from my family perspective, I would be the only one that would go,” Shanahan said, jokingly. “My wife and kids wouldn’t go.”

Shanahan clarified that it was strictly the Buffalo weather that turned off his family, but he then sighed, “In Washington, we had 40 inches (of snow) in a few days.”

– Jason Feller

f**k!

zombie jesus

Staff member
Franchise tag rumours - VJax, Mankins, Woodley, Peyton, Vick, Seymour, Hali.
Rumours for now, some with more substance than others.

Monk

Referee
Since when is Tiki Barber coming back?

New York Giants running back Brandon Jacobs told The New York Post that not only does he think Barber, 36, who retired after the 2006 season, can still play, but he believes Barber is coming back for the right reasons.

"I thought it was absolutely phenomenal that he decided to come back," Jacobs said Tuesday while standing outside the team's East Rutherford headquarters. "I thought it was good for him and I think he can still play, because he wasn’t one to take a lot of big hits, and the type of game he played, I think he can be out for four years and be able to jump in and do it."

Barber, who rushed for 10,449 yards and 55 touchdowns during his 10-year career, has had some image problems since he retired. Among other things, he was critical of Giants quarterback Eli Manning and coach Tom Coughlin while he worked for NBC.

"I spoke to him, I've seen him twice … he’s excited about doing it," Jacobs said. "A lot of people think he’s doing it for the wrong reasons, but I just think me, personally, he missed it.

"For his image, I think football is good for him. It helps build up our images, according to the way you handle it. It can

Big Mick

Referee
Heard Hasselbeck to Arizona maybe

But Marc Bulger apparantly has an "understanding" with Arizona.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Now that the draft is done and there is the faint hope of the lockout being lifted the rumours should start flying all over the place soon.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Palmer & Kolb will be traded for a 1st
Flynn & Johnson for a 2nd.
Young & McNabb for a 3rd

Monk

Referee
Johnson? Which one :lol: The only QB i can think of is Josh Johnson.

No way McNabb and Young only go for 3rds though.
I'd rather have Young then Palmer any day.

Big Mick

Referee
Young wont go for anything. He'll be a FA

And likely so will McNabb seeing as they only have to pay $150k guaranteed out of the new deal he signed.

stormbati

Bench
NFL live had some interesting scoops.
Randy Moss possibly to Jets or Rams
Albert Haynesworth to Eagles and Nnamdi to NFC East possibly Eagles or Redskins.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Every decent WR is being linked to the Jets at the moment with some people expecting them to lose one of Holmes or Edwards at least.