What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT-Corby Found Guilty

borat

Bench
knights04 said:
The Australian prisoner who testified should have named those responsible. I'm sure he and Corby would've been in protective custody one way or another. All these messages of boycotting Bali won't help her appeal one bit. What's even more disgraceful is people not wanting to help the Tsunami affected regions. If anything it says Australia are trying to blackmail Indonesia by having Corby free regardless otherwise tourism to Bali and aid support will be greatly affected.

Do you honestly think these people exist? He wanted to get out of prison for a while and got his 5 minutes of fame and a trip to Bali. Thats all. His testimony hurt her defence because it looked so desperate to call up a crim who overheard a conversation between 2 other crims :rolleyes:. Even if they were all priests he would not have been allowed to take the stand in Australia

John_Travolta

Juniors
Knight82 said:
Your reaching......

Nobody knows for sure at all thankyou sir. Unless you where doing his photocopying and taking minutes at his meetings :lol:

I just can`t get over the fact people are comparing Corby to that Bashir.... its a no brainer seriously. I cannot bring myself to compare the two for one second. One was aquitted and the other found guilty.

borat

Bench
Red and Blue Knight said:
Once again it is not in reference to Corby. It is the slap on the wrist to Bashir over 88 Australians lives. I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Doesn't make it right whatever your opinion of the case.

borat said:
Jobdog, I have a question for you. Do rich people in Australia who can afford the best legal team money can buy get off for things like murder with very light sentences, whereas people with not much money get comparatively longer sentences?

Thats the difference. Bashir had the best legal team money could buy and the prosecution had a weak case. Conspiracy is very hard to prove unless you have a string of people testify to it, and they had 1.

Also keep in mind there were far more Indonesians killed in the bombing than Australians. The Indonesians are as keen as we are to put this guy away, just the courts let him get away with it. But our courts are no better.

If you think this case is opinionated you are mistaken. Try to enter Sydney International airport with 4kg of pot in your bag and claim "oh its not mine" and see how far that gets you. Even in Australia she would be put away because she offered no defence. Smoking gun and a confession is all they ever needed.

R&BK your comments on the tsunami aid package are a disgrace. Tell me what does the child on banda Aceh who has lost every member of their family have to do with this case. Keep supporting a drug runner over hundreds of thousands of people who have had their lives destroyed.

With the exception of the RBK bit who doesnt agree with drug smuggling thats a very well written post.

Justice has always been for the rich.

RABK

Referee
Knight82 said:
Your reaching......

Nobody knows for sure at all thankyou sir. Unless you where doing his photocopying and taking minutes at his meetings :lol:

Mate him and his supporters were laughing when he was on trial. Questions like "Did you have any prior Knowledge of the attack?" and he would just laugh his head off.

Osama Bin laden is Al Q's Leader like Bashir is JI's. Does that mean Osama is the one shooting rockets, flying planes and driving cars? Doesn't mean he still isn't the most wanted man in the world....why?

Because he is the leader of a terriost organisation. His followers have killed thousands of inocent people.

Much like Bashirs JI. We know he is the leader of JI so why is he not a wanted man?

Alex28

Coach
borat said:
Do you honestly think these people exist? He wanted to get out of prison for a while and got his 5 minutes of fame and a trip to Bali. Thats all. His testimony hurt her defence because it looked so desperate to call up a crim who overheard a conversation between 2 other crims :rolleyes:. Even if they were all priests he would not have been allowed to take the stand in Australia

Borat - you are being incredibly naive if you think trafficking of drugs through air luggage doesn't happen, and that the two people the witness was talking about "don't exist"...or maybe thats just what you want to believe so it makes your arguement stronger...

It happens, and it could have quite possibly happened to her.

John_Travolta

Juniors
Red and Blue Knight said:
Mate him and his supporters were laughing when he was on trial. Questions like "Did you have any prior Knowledge of the attack?" and he would just laugh his head off.

Osama Bin laden is Al Q's Leader like Bashir is JI's. Does that mean Osama is the one shooting rockets, flying planes anddriving cars? Doesn't mean he still isn't the most wante dman in the world....why?

Because he is the leader of a terriost organisation. His followers have killed thousands of inocent people.

Much like Bashirs JI. We know he is the leader of JI so why is he not a wanted man?

Osama bin Laden is Saudi you wonder where the money comes from??? :? thats quite concerning.

John_Travolta

Juniors
Alex28 said:
Borat - you are being incredibly naive if you think trafficking of drugs through air luggage doesn't happen, and that the two people the witness was talking about "don't exist"...or maybe thats just what you want to believe so it makes your arguement stronger...

I have a question for you?? Are you or do you know any baggage handlers ect?

Alex28

Coach
My step-sister works for Qantas tiger. She knows that it happens.

Now, do you know that it doesn't happen?

knights04

Bench
borat said:

Remember he said he could not name those otherwise he and Corby would be killed. Now I didn't say that I believe his testimony nor do I believe there's others out there responsible. Although it would have helped her case had he named them obviously. I agree his testimony added nothing and her defence was relying on him to shift the blame elsewhere despite having nothing to begin with.

John_Travolta

Juniors
Alex28 said:
My step-sister works for Qantas tiger. She knows that it happens.

Now, do you know that it doesn't happen?

Ah.... REALLY.........................

Anyways now, my next question is, HAS She done anything about it IE told anyone? or is she gunna keep turning a blind eye to it.

borat

Bench
Alex28 said:

So you are telling that you beleive convicted criminal John Ford overheard a conversation in a Melbourne gaol yet then refuses to say the names of the people involved? And this crim is doing it for the goodness of his heart yet lets her go for 20years. This is what you beleive?

I do beleive there are a couple of baggage handlers that get up to criminal activities. Ongoing investigations indicate this to be so. They also indicate no link what so ever to Corby.

I have another question for you. Lets say hypothetically it is dodgy baggage handlers. Where do you think was the intended destination, Sydney or Bali. Because you have already said you don't beleive anyone would want to smuggle pot to Bali.

So if it is Sydney, I put this to you. You have 4kg of pot worth 40K + to transport to from Brisbane to Sydney. Do you get in a car and drive it there.
Or do you get a baggage handler smuggle it into an airport through security. Then get him/her to somehow sneak a sack to a luggage transfer away from CCTV and into a bag. Then get another baggage handler who is also on the take (both unknown to the AFP) to also find an opportunity to track down the bag and remove the sack, once again hiding from CCTV and security and get it out of the airport.

Do you see my point.

RABK

Referee
John_Travolta said:
Osama bin Laden is Saudi you wonder where the money comes from??? :? thats quite concerning.

Sounds like a question, not a statement. I answered it for you.

John_Travolta

Juniors
borat said:
So you are telling that you beleive convicted criminal John Ford overheard a conversation in a Melbourne gaol yet then refuses to say the names of the people involved? And this crim is doing it for the goodness of his heart yet lets her go for 20years. This is what you beleive?

I do beleive there are a couple of baggage handlers that get up to criminal activities. Ongoing investigations indicate this to be so. They also indicate no link what so ever to Corby.

I have another question for you. Lets say hypothetically it is dodgy baggage handlers. Where do you think was the intended destination, Sydney or Bali. Because you have already said you don't beleive anyone would want to smuggle pot to Bali.

So if it is Sydney, I put this to you. You have 4kg of pot worth 40K + to transport to from Brisbane to Sydney. Do you get in a car and drive it there.
Or do you get a baggage handler smuggle it into an airport through security. Then get him/her to somehow sneak a sack to a luggage transfer away from CCTV and into a bag. Then get another baggage handler who is also on the take (both unknown to the AFP) to also find an opportunity to track down the bag and remove the sack, once again hiding from CCTV and security and get it out of the airport.

Do you see my point.

Yes I do, But I would love to see these Close Circuit Television (CCTV) Images of the day in question.

borat

Bench
knights04 said:
Remember he said he could not name those otherwise he and Corby would be killed. Now I didn't say that I believe his testimony nor do I believe there's others out there responsible. Although it would have helped her case had he named them obviously. I agree his testimony added nothing and her defence was relying on him to shift the blame elsewhere despite having nothing to begin with.

She could have been killed hey. Whats the maximum sentence for drug smuggling in Indonesia again?

Ford took Corby's defence team for a ride and got a trip to bali in the process. Hearsay eveidence is dismissed out of hand in Australia and Indonesia, he knew that.