What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nhl

Skeletor

Juniors

Well somebody would want him, with a rep like that he could go to the Aves! haha.

The Avs? The team against which he committed the most brutal, thuggish cheap act I can think of right now in hockey history against? :crazy:

How do the Avs have more of a history of signing thugs than any other team in the NHL anyway?

It's the day before free agency, the Avs have re-signed Foote and Liles. Super Joe hasn't decided if he's coming back yet or not. It kinda feels like Christmas Eve and all those presents are sitting under there under the tree all wrapped and nice looking. Except you never find out if you get the thing you always wanted or the lump of coal until way later.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
The Avs? The team against which he committed the most brutal, thuggish cheap act I can think of right now in hockey history against? :crazy:

How do the Avs have more of a history of signing thugs than any other team in the NHL anyway?

It's the day before free agency, the Avs have re-signed Foote and Liles. Super Joe hasn't decided if he's coming back yet or not. It kinda feels like Christmas Eve and all those presents are sitting under there under the tree all wrapped and nice looking. Except you never find out if you get the thing you always wanted or the lump of coal until way later.

Oh they've had their fair share over the years. Annoying little buggars!

Yep not sure about Joe, would be nice but wouldn't be surprised if he decides to move on. He is getting on a bit!

Skeletor

Juniors
Oh they've had their fair share over the years. Annoying little buggars!

And the Wings haven't? :roll:

Like I said before...in my whole history of watching hockey I have never seen a cheaper, more thuggish attempt to seriously injure a player Bertuzzi sucker punch on Steve Moore. The incident was so sickening he was convicted of assault causing bodily harm. Bertuzzi should never have been playing in the NHL again after what he did. The Canucks, Panthers, Red Wings, Ducks and wherever he goes next should all feel ashamed for having had him on their roster since the criminal assault.

Also, I also think Chris Simon ought to have been banned after the Ruutu incident.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
And the Wings haven't? :roll:

Like I said before...in my whole history of watching hockey I have never seen a cheaper, more thuggish attempt to seriously injure a player Bertuzzi sucker punch on Steve Moore. The incident was so sickening he was convicted of assault causing bodily harm. Bertuzzi should never have been playing in the NHL again after what he did. The Canucks, Panthers, Red Wings, Ducks and wherever he goes next should all feel ashamed for having had him on their roster since the criminal assault.

Also, I also think Chris Simon ought to have been banned after the Ruutu incident.
Course we have, but, really what NHL team doesn't? Players of that calibre (not including Bertuzzi of course) is just part of the game. Kinda like we have in the NRL.

I only said that, because at the time I started following this sport (not quite as long as you, obviously) I had a genuine dislike to Colorado and their style and some of their players because they were pretty bad). I do have a soft spot for them though so it's not like I hate them with a dead set passion. But when I was watching there were some guys in that team that I hated, a lot. And they had a bit of a rep back then. Probalby not as much now.

Monk

Referee
yeh, i dont really like the ducks or oilers..
i spose that i just dont like the ducks because if you ask anyone who there fav NHL team is... they say ducks and they dont know anything about the game...
that annoys me...
oilers, i just dont like

Sood

Juniors
I hate the ducks 2.

The oilers i consider my 'hometown' team. So i have a big soft spot for em.

The Lightning, working to retool after finishing last in the overall standings in 2007-08, worked out deals with forwards Gary Roberts, Ryan Malone and Vaclav Prospal. The Bolts had acquired the rights to all three impending free agents for draft picks.

Sweeeet. Lighting should do much better next season.

Sood

Juniors
You hate my oilers, you hate my bolts... your one saving grace is being a chooks fan. ;-)

Sood

Juniors
So far..

Oilers traded Raffi Torres for Gilbert Brule. Looks like 1 bust for another.. but the oilers get some cap room + Brule is only 21, maybe he can turn it around. Im happy with that.

Detriot re signs Brad Stuart. woohoo

Sood

Juniors
Red Wings sign Ty Conklin for 1 year/750k.

Good signing, bargain buy when you consider what the caps just did...

Jose Theodore for 2 years 4.5/year. bahahahahaahaha

Last edited:

Sood

Juniors
Another one that's totally bizarre...

Jeff Finger to Leafs 4 years/14mill.

WTF! Are you kidding me? This is why the leafs suck.. Massive overs..

Skeletor

Juniors
$3.5m/year for Finger?

He's a good enough 2nd or 3rd pairing guy who can help a little on the PK. Can be physical at times. But $3.5/mil is a huge, huge overpayment.

Avs seem to have signed Raycroft on the cheap as well. Nice backup for Budaj.

Sood

Juniors
Yeh donno wtf the leafs are doing..

Brian Campbell to Chicago. 56.8mill/8 years. Pricey, but hes good player. Chicago are building a good side.

6 teams are after Hossa atm. Supposedly detriot & the oilers are both in the mix.

Sood

Juniors
Supposedly the chase for Hossa is down to oilers or rangers and maybe the habs.. :crazy:

I wish, but i reckon the oil are being used to inflate his price... elite players dont go to edmonton.

EDIT - Hossa will be making up his mind tomorrow.

Last edited:

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Can't believe that's how much the Leafs spent on the guy. Are they trying to 'buy' a team or nurture a team? :-s

I don't mind the Oliers they're alright. Definitely not a fan of the Ducks though. Not sure what it is but they annoy me.