What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NICKO HYNES

Dragon David

First Grade
I thought Mary having a bromance with McCrone and McCrone being his teacher's pet, was noticeable given that he was always selected same as Aitken and Lafai and now we have the Hook and Norman affair. I thought that Hook was a coach who would not take mediocrity and rubbish by a player and tough enough to drop a player for bad performances?

Someone has already started a sack Hook or sack Griffin thread so a little further down the track this year that thread might re-appear and stay active.

possm

Coach
Sullivan is the obvious replacement for Norman, however, Sullivan is not fit to play right now. Griffin will play Norman until Sullivan is ready to play.

Dufty is a good attacking weapon but not a good all round fullback. His best position would be off the bench. I'd say Dufty wants to play fullback and wants around 600k if extended. Hynes on the other hand would sign for 3 years at around 400k per season but surely that is not hour most pressing recruitment problem. We need quality forwards and if there are funds left over, then Hynes would be a great buy.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Sullivan is the obvious replacement for Norman, however, Sullivan is not fit to play right now. Griffin will play Norman until Sullivan is ready to play.

Dufty is a good attacking weapon but not a good all round fullback. His best position would be off the bench. I'd say Dufty wants to play fullback and wants around 600k if extended. Hynes on the other hand would sign for 3 years at around 400k per season but surely that is not hour most pressing recruitment problem. We need quality forwards and if there are funds left over, then Hynes would be a great buy.
Hynes won’t sign for 400k, every game he covers Pap is another pile of cash awaiting him.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I thought Mary having a bromance with McCrone and McCrone being his teacher's pet, was noticeable given that he was always selected same as Aitken and Lafai and now we have the Hook and Norman affair. I thought that Hook was a coach who would not take mediocrity and rubbish by a player and tough enough to drop a player for bad performances?

Someone has already started a sack Hook or sack Griffin thread so a little further down the track this year that thread might re-appear and stay active.
I think Norman will be dropped once we get a few back. Sullivan is back this week, hopefully he plays cup, carves it up and gets through injury free. Hook needs options.

denis preston

First Grade
Hook’s lost me on this one,
and I’m just about over giving him the benefit of the doubt on several fronts.

I think his obsession with Norman has already cost us games

& him credibility.

If his & the team’s current trajectory continues,
talk will turn soon enough to coaches available in ‘23

"obsession with Norman " ? Do you realise how many players we have out ? The youth has been blended in well but they also have been affected by injuries. You cant put a side on the park with youth without some experience and if we had everyone on the park I'm sure things would be different. As a show of this Sullivan out for 5 /6 weeks but comes straight into the 21. Now he probably wont play but it sends a message doesn't it ? I want Norman gone as much as anyone but jumping at shadows & burning crosses over a proven coach of 6 months is way over the top. No wonder Dragons supporters have a reputation of lack of patience.

blacksafake

First Grade
"obsession with Norman " ? Do you realise how many players we have out ? The youth has been blended in well but they also have been affected by injuries. You cant put a side on the park with youth without some experience and if we had everyone on the park I'm sure things would be different. As a show of this Sullivan out for 5 /6 weeks but comes straight into the 21. Now he probably wont play but it sends a message doesn't it ? I want Norman gone as much as anyone but jumping at shadows & burning crosses over a proven coach of 6 months is way over the top. No wonder Dragons supporters have a reputation of lack of patience.
Well said Denis.

Illusion

Bench
He should have been dropped before injuries .... or when Hunt came back Clune could have filled the cap , and what really gets to me is Hook has said a couple of times that Norman is a good footballer ..... We are not wining games so punt him .... Enough is enough" lack of patience" mate 7 years with the Genius running the show , I think I have been very patient , Easy if your not performing you get punted .... I know we have injuries , but like I said we are not going to win anything this year so lets try something different Duff to 5/8 when he comes back or Bird to 5/8 Id be happy with Ronald McDonald in his place .... The guys the slowest 5/8 in the comp ..... RANT OVER .....

denis preston

First Grade
He should have been dropped before injuries .... or when Hunt came back Clune could have filled the cap , and what really gets to me is Hook has said a couple of times that Norman is a good footballer ..... We are not wining games so punt him .... Enough is enough" lack of patience" mate 7 years with the Genius running the show , I think I have been very patient , Easy if your not performing you get punted .... I know we have injuries , but like I said we are not going to win anything this year so lets try something different Duff to 5/8 when he comes back or Bird to 5/8 Id be happy with Ronald McDonald in his place .... The guys the slowest 5/8 in the comp ..... RANT OVER .....

Of course it's a lack of patience on a new coach of 6 months trying to fix the 7 years of shit he inherited. I'm so glad Hook is running the show and not some posters here. So, we have Sullivan back from injury ready to go and you want to put up a instant roadblock by putting Dufty in a position he hasn't played since junior park football ? As for Clune, his body , lack of acceleration and defence issues have been found out. It is not as if the coaching staff are not trying things but with players out all the time consistency is doubly harder to achieve. The most pleasing factor is the effort is there for everyone to see and that's something we haven't witnessed since 2011.

Illusion

Bench
Of course it's a lack of patience on a new coach of 6 months trying to fix the 7 years of shit he inherited. I'm so glad Hook is running the show and not some posters here. So, we have Sullivan back from injury ready to go and you want to put up a instant roadblock by putting Dufty in a position he hasn't played since junior park football ? As for Clune, his body , lack of acceleration and defence issues have been found out. It is not as if the coaching staff are not trying things but with players out all the time consistency is doubly harder to achieve. The most pleasing factor is the effort is there for everyone to see and that's something we haven't witnessed since 2011.
No your missing what I am saying , Sullivan when fit yea , So you are ok for Norman to stay as he has been a dud for 3 years , As for Duff to have a shot at 5/8 when Sullivan was out why not have nothing to lose . What Im trying to say if everyone fit , Will hook drop Norman ..... I say no ....

Gareth67

First Grade

No possum , he certainly will not be coming to the Dragons for that sort of money - not $400k . The young man has had some much bigger numbers thrown at him and IF he was to leave the Storm then he will make sure the dollars are there .

blaza88z

Coach
Looks like Heath Ledger :shrug:♂️

Underneath Gareth and ‘Kerr potentially’?

I have him looking more like Manchester United striker, Edinson Cavani

np_file_74959.jpeg

Maddragon99

Juniors
Could we fit Hynes, Ramsey & Dufty in the same team? All pretty similar players. Hynes does look the goods & he came through playing 5/8.

1) or 2) Ramsey
6) or 1) Hynes
17) Dufty

Amone & Sullivan are there but maybe Hynes is better than both of them? Hunt will probably shift to 9 at some point McCullough can’t play forever so that’ll open halfback.

Gareth67

First Grade
The Broncs have been positioning themselves for a crack at Hynes for some time now , more so with the Storm securing the services of Xavier Coates so it comes as no surprise
that they have made a big money play for the young man .

I doubt very much if the Dragons have or are prepared to raise that offer much further - unless Uncle Bruce throws something into the kitty in the way of a TPA .

Dragon David

First Grade
The Broncs would have a great spine if they sign Hynes and Hodgson. They would have 1. Hynes, 6. Staggs, 7 Reynolds and 9. Hodgson. They will have big forwards and a good backline to go with the two signings so next year they could be way up the ladder.

Maddragon99

Juniors
The Broncs have been positioning themselves for a crack at Hynes for some time now , more so with the Storm securing the services of Xavier Coates so it comes as no surprise

I doubt very much if the Dragons have or are prepared to raise that offer much further - unless Uncle Bruce throws something into the kitty in the way of a TPA .
-Merrin retires we sign McGuire
-JdB maybe back maybe not but salary allowed for
-Beale train on contract
-Burns swap for Blacker
-McInnes gone McCullough in

-Molo signed for 2022

Norman, Dufty, JP, Williame & Ellis unsigned.

Why not make a play for Hynes?

Last edited:

Ghostrider22

Juniors

Gareth67 your funny man, that would be a first to actually help the Dragons. Nah hahahahaha