What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nightclub allegations - Bulldogs & Raiders

bartman

Immortal
Watching ten at the moment... nothing happening so far. I think they go to sports about 5:40ish?

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, they've just said it's about a brawl in the NRL junior competition... so nada in terms of Ray's alleged nightclub incident being reported on the telly.

Back to the drawing board Raymond :lol:. As Scarlett said, tomorrow is another day...

Patorick

Staff member
Yeah nothing. Just the fight in the Cows Broncos game.

What a beat up.

Won't somebody think of the children?

Patorick

Staff member
Funny how the refs stood back and did nothing to stop it. Not that they could really do anything but still.

Patorick

Staff member
Ah Bulldogs are investigating reports of a fight at a hotel.

More on Sports Tonight!

bartman

Immortal
Bugger.

Ch 10 just mentioned it, just saying the Bulldogs are investigating reports of a hotel incident, more on Sports Tonight (apparently).

Sounds like it's nothing other than Bulldogs club responding to Ray's "breaking news". Can't be anything more substantial coming out between now and tonight's update, imo, since it's after Bulldogs office hours....

vlad

juniors
http://news.theage.com.au/sport/bulldogs-investigating-fight-claims-20080721-3ipr.html

Bulldogs investigating fight claims

July 21, 2008 - 7:16PM

Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg has confirmed the club was investigating claims his players were involved in a fight at a nightclub Sunday night.

Greenberg received an email complaint on Monday morning that his players had become involved in a push and shove at the Sting Bar in Cronulla around 11pm on Sunday night.

It is not clear at this stage which players were involved in the fracas but the Bulldogs have employed an independent investigator to look into the allegations and establish the facts on behalf of the club.

"We are waiting to establish the facts before we make further comment," said Greenberg.

© 2008 AAP

-----------

:roll:

ozzy_ozman

Juniors
http://news.theage.com.au/sport/bulldogs-investigating-fight-claims-20080721-3ipr.html

Bulldogs investigating fight claims

July 21, 2008 - 7:16PM

Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg has confirmed the club was investigating claims his players were involved in a fight at a nightclub Sunday night.

Greenberg received an email complaint on Monday morning that his players had become involved in a push and shove at the Sting Bar in Cronulla around 11pm on Sunday night.

It is not clear at this stage which players were involved in the fracas but the Bulldogs have employed an independent investigator to look into the allegations and establish the facts on behalf of the club.

"We are waiting to establish the facts before we make further comment," said Greenberg.

© 2008 AAP

-----------

:roll:

you tosspot... try and get the full story next time...

Bulldogs investigate fight claims
By Todd Balym
July 21, 2008 BULLDOGS chief executive Todd Greenberg has appointed an independent investigator to look into allegations one of his players was involved in a nightclub fight on Sunday night.

Greenberg received an email complaint, forwarded by radio broadcaster Ray Hadley, that his players were drinking at the Sting Bar in Cronulla at 11pm when the fight broke out.

Channel Seven has reported that Bulldog forward Lee Te Maari was involved but Greenberg said he would wait until he received a full report from his independent investigators before commenting publicly on the alleged incident.

"We are waiting to establish the facts before we make any further comment," said Greenberg.

"Should it prove to be correct we are concerned about the nature of the complaint."

But Pasquali Traino, the owner of the Sting Bar, said the incident had been blown completely out of proportion.

He said a group of Bulldogs players had come in for dinner when an argument broke out between two guys "over some girl" which developed into a push and shove before security intervened.
Both parties apologised for causing a scene, with a group of nuns in the room following World Youth Day festivities, and quietly left the premises without complaint.

"It's a storm in a tea cup," said Traino.

"There was a push and shove. We stepped in and they stopped and apologised and left the building quietly.

"They (the players) come here regularly and always give me the utmost respect.

"Nothing happened for me to say you're no allowed back in here. There were no punches thrown at all."

The Bulldogs have a troubled history with off field behaviour of their players with superstars Sonny Bill Williams and Reni Maitua two of the club's more frequent offenders in recent years.

Greenberg's decision to call upon professional outside assistance to investigate the matter reflects the club's desire to rid itself of the reputation for having poor off field behaviour.

"We like to have someone independent from the club prepare a report and assess the information so we can deal with it accordingly," said Greenberg.

It is believed the Bulldogs were not the only NRL players at the Sting Bar on Sunday evening, but no allegations have been made against any other footballers.

The club has no issue with the players going out and drinking late on Sunday evening as they had been given the following day off training with a long nine-day turnaround before next Monday's clash with St George Illawarra.

The NRL has been made aware of the situation and are awaiting a report from the club before making any comment.

The incident comes just days after the Rugby League Week magazine players' poll revealed 80 per cent of the respondents said they had been provoked or hassled by a member of the public while out on the town.

AAP
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24055135-23214,00.html

There read the bolded parts

hth

bartman

Immortal
He said a group of Bulldogs players had come in for dinner when an argument broke out between two guys "over some girl" which developed into a push and shove before security intervened.
Bloody Kate Ritchie causing trouble again... :lol:

vlad

juniors
you tosspot... try and get the full story next time...

There read the bolded parts

hth

tosspot ? :lol:

ease off on the caffeine amigo ... I didn't make a comment on it .

but since you insist .

Is it any wonder we've got players leaving the country to escape the fish bowl existence here ?

Craig Gower could be acting like a tool at nightclubs every night of the week where he is and nobody would know . If he farted in an elevator here it'd make front page news .

As for criticising guys for what they do in their spare time ... I'd be the last person to be doing that because I've probably done much worse ... and I think that most who do criticise are probably hypocrites as well .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Raiders probe Canberra brawl report
AAP

NRL club Canberra has launched an inquiry into an alleged pub brawl involving winger Bronx Goodwin.
The Daily Telegraph reported Goodwin, the son of former Dragons great Ted Goodwin, was allegedly involved in a fight outside a Canberra bar in the suburb of O'Connor on Saturday night.
About ten players were at the bar celebrating the side's win over the Roosters that day.
Goodwin did not play in that match.
The newspaper reported that an incident took place outside the bar with an unnamed onlooker saying Goodwin was involved in a fight.
Raiders chief executive Don Furner confirmed the club was investigating the incident, with police to provide more information to Raiders officials on Tuesday.
"We'll get the player in for a chat and find out what happened and ask him to give his side of the story," Furner said.
"I don't want to say too much until we find out all the facts."
The alleged incident occurred as the Bulldogs launched their own investigations into reports of a brawl at a Cronulla nightclub on Sunday night.

www.nrl.com

AAP

NRL club Canberra has launched an inquiry into an alleged pub brawl involving winger Bronx Goodwin.
The Daily Telegraph reported Goodwin, the son of former Dragons great Ted Goodwin, was allegedly involved in a fight outside a Canberra bar in the suburb of O'Connor on Saturday night.
About ten players were at the bar celebrating the side's win over the Roosters that day.
The newspaper reported that an incident took place outside the bar with an unnamed onlooker saying Goodwin was involved in a fight.
Raiders chief executive Don Furner confirmed the club was investigating the incident, with police to provide more information to Raiders officials on Tuesday.
"We'll get the player in for a chat and find out what happened and ask him to give his side of the story," Furner said.
The alleged incident occurred as the Bulldogs launched their own investigations into reports of a brawl at a Cronulla nightclub on Sunday night.

www.nrl.com

Well done Telegraph.. Twas a great Saturday Night match against the Roosters..

Anyway we will see what happens..

Bazal

Post Whore
AAP

www.nrl.com

Hehehe...that'd be All Bar Nun...

Bazal

Post Whore
im mostly suprised they have nightclubs in canberra.

Don't be. Where else can the fat, pimple faced bogan girls with mini skirts, muffin tops and knee high uggies go to listen to bad rap music and drink Woodstock among peers?

bartman

Immortal
:lol:

Is the Moosehead place still going strong these days Baz? And Kingo Pub cook your own steak nights? I'm reliably informed they were the capital's nightime highlights, around ten years ago anyway...

Bazal

Post Whore
:lol:

Is the Moosehead place still going strong these days Baz? And Kingo Pub cook your own steak nights? I'm reliably informed they were the capital's nightime highlights, around ten years ago anyway...

Moose is still going strong. It suffered a bit when Nate Smith signed with Penny but it's now recovered :p. They have five levels now. Downstairs is ok, it's a pub type joint with two levels. The other three are pretty much gathering places for the people mentioned in my previous post. Kingo's is still there too, I don't think they have cook your own steak nights but they do have pints of Boddingtons on tap so they can't be all bad...

Kiki

First Grade
those canberra girls sound like winners!

after origin i pashed an under 20s player from some canberra team and he said to me 'THEY DONT PASH LIKE THAT IN CANBERRA'. true story.

Latest posts