What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nine commentary and presentation

mongoose

Coach
It seems that Nine have settled on a combination of Andrew Johns and Billy Slater and I have decided that I can live with that.
Personally I can`t stand Andrew Johns, he seems to relish the fact that he is an uneducated numbskull, but I understand that he is popular and a lot of people think that he is some kind of Rugby League analytical genius although I find he is a one-trick pony week after week having very little original to say and the hyperbole is very tiresome.
The saving grace for me is Billy Slater, all class, intelligent, original and very perceptive.
My only fear is if he leaves to take the Melbourne job, god knows who`ll they team up with Johns then.
they need to find someone else to call games. Thompson is awful and has a grating voice. He either sounds bored or over the top with excitement - there is no in between. I honestly prefer Dan Ginnane or Brenton Speed to Matt Thompson.

KennySterling

Juniors
they need to find someone else to call games. Thompson is awful and has a grating voice. He either sounds bored or over the top with excitement - there is no in between. I honestly prefer Dan Ginnane or Brenton Speed to Matt Thompson.
Speed ? Really ? Wow, now that is the ultimate diss !
Fortunately, I never get to hear Thompson (except when we HAVE to watch Nein).

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
Andrew Johns just stated that Latrell Mitchell’s great positional play is a result of him being indigenous. I’m not sure that’s a clever statement in 2023.
Well, at least it makes a change from his usual "playing backyard footy " or " it`s like the big kid in under 9`s" lines that he regurgitates ad infinitum.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Latest nine promo by the the bloke with the fake deep voice:

Ii's LIVE, FREE and GREAT.

Stop treating your viewers like they're 4 years old.

beave

Coach
The clowns wanted to hype up the Sharks first NRLW signing this morning on the footy show by having Emma Tonegato come into the studio from behind a blanket of smoke......... but in the process they've now set off the studio smoke alarms and proceeded to try and interview her through the fire alarm........ it reeks of pure f**king amateur hour.

They cut to a commercial break and came back to Freddy's Pass Off and the alarm is still going off.

The "Home of Rugba Leeg".

This Year?

Immortal
Sunday Footy show is getting worse. Today Danika has more make up on than a drag queen, Joey with the Gus/Kenty routine over union and Freddy/Joey/Billy contradict themselves over the money side of it. Came across as people who are scared of something they don't know.

Last edited: