What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nine Screws Melbourne again

brad_19

Juniors
lol we don't even get Storm semis live let alone anything else. Must have been a stuff-up in the program guide. NRL would get slaughtered against the AFL unfortunately.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
They have advised me that the game will be screened at 11pm.

Complaining isn't going to change anything, but feel free to give it a crack people

03 9429 0201

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol we don't even get Storm semis live let alone anything else. Must have been a stuff-up in the program guide. NRL would get slaughtered against the AFL unfortunately.
everything will, so whats to f**king lose?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's f**king ridiculous, furthermore, the NRL.com site won't let Victorian's watch the game live on theirsite, but people in f**king ethiopia can watch it live.

This code is f**king geniused. Apparently international viewers are more important than those in the city of one of the NRL sides.

_Johnsy

Referee
The sooner nein lose the rights the better, they have survived winter of the back of our game for decades. merkins!!!!!

Desert Qlder

First Grade
It's f**king ridiculous, furthermore, the NRL.com site won't let Victorian's watch the game live on theirsite, but people in f**king ethiopia can watch it live.

This code is f**king geniused. Apparently international viewers are more important than those in the city of one of the NRL sides.

How does this work? The only reason I ask is I'm moving down to Melbourne and was going to watch games on the net because of the TV situation.

If it is the case it just proves collusion between Nine and News to increase Fox subscriptions in Victoria.

I'm used to 2nd rate treatment league fans get in Melbourne.

I understand Gallop is a weak gutted prick when it comes to this topic.

I've heard his embarrasing rhetoric of "use it or lose" to no avail.

I have a rough understanding of the anti-syphoning laws.

But can someone please explain to me why AFL can get their Finals shown live into NSW,QLD & ACT on MAIN EVENT on FOX, and the NRL replay is only on at 10.30.

I find this hard to understand or accept.

Is the NRL trying to grow this game or what?

El Diablo

Post Whore
How does this work? The only reason I ask is I'm moving down to Melbourne and was going to watch games on the net because of the TV situation.

If it is the case it just proves collusion between Nine and News to increase Fox subscriptions in Victoria.

probably detects Aussie ip's

Brutus

Referee

I have said this all along. It's a f**king disgrace and these sorts of things are good enough reasons as to why Gallop should not be taken seriously.

When it all boils down to the big decisions, whose interests are really being looked after??? Certainly not rugby league's.

I mean what was that "use it or lose it" rubbish a few years ago?

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
I have said this all along. It's a f**king disgrace and these sorts of things are good enough reasons as to why Gallop should not be taken seriously.

When it all boils down to the big decisions, whose interests are really being looked after??? Certainly not rugby league's.

I mean what was that "use it or lose it" rubbish a few years ago?

gallopcup7.jpg

nrlnrl

First Grade

It's not "exclusive" to NRL, the same thing happens with blackouts in US with MLB.

nibbs

Bench
why would nine show a program in melbourne that no one is interested in, or will bother to watch, just to satisfy a small minority? it doesn't make sense. it makes about as much sense as chewbecca living with the ewoks....i don't think they care about satisfying a small niche market that won't help them bring in the advertising dollar

no name

Coach
why would nine show a program in melbourne that no one is interested in, or will bother to watch, just to satisfy a small minority? it doesn't make sense. it makes about as much sense as chewbecca living with the ewoks....i don't think they care about satisfying a small niche market that won't help them bring in the advertising dollar
But whatever they put on will get totally outrated by the AFL so what do they have to lose?
I'll take a stab and say the NRL finals would get more viewers than whatever else they put on

RedVee

First Grade

Yes, but won't customs etc also get slaugthered?
They've paid for the game whether it is played live or 11:30.

But I don't think the nine games are allowed to be watched on Fox until after 9 has commenced their telecast.

Latest posts