What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nine stands down Phil Gould

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Absolute bullsh*t. Sure, he may have been out of line on some issues, but now on Thursday night's Footy Show, we'll have Chief, Matty and Fatty all asking stupid questions that Gallop can dance around.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Of course. They were always going to find a way of keeping of the Footy Show this week.

Gutless merkins, all of them.

gregstar

Referee
it's good to see media outlets protecting the integrity of our game!

LOL!

what a f*cking joke!

end the facade ffs! just privatise the entire code & be done with it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
A bit of a tangent but this is the retiring Mike Munro's take on it:

News veteran Mike Munro says he wanted to leave the Nine network on a high.

After 22 years with the the station, working on numerous programs, including 60 Minutes, A Current Affair and This Is Your Life, Munro says it's time to go and he'll be leaving at the end of October.

Munro admitted to 2GB's Chris Smith, he was concerned about a news story on Sunday night by reporter Danny Weidler about Sonny Bill Williams's defection to union.

“I wasn’t pleased at all,” he said.

“And I said to the powers that be at the time: 'I’m worried this is going to be one big plug for the Mundine fight. And that’s not the story. Sonny Bill’s the story.'”

http://livenews.com.au/Articles/200...appy_with_Nines_Sonny_Bill_coverage_on_Sunday

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
CHANNEL Nine has stood down Phil Gould from Thursday's Footy Show after he ambushed NRL CEO David Gallop in a radio interview last night.

Nine chief executive David Gyngell spoke to Gould within hours of the interview telling him he would not be on.

The Footy Show boss Gary Burns confirmed that Gyngell had spoken to Gould and that he would not be appearing.

“We advertised that Phil Gould was going to be on the show but that is not happening now,” Burns said.

“I don’t know the reason why he is not on.

“David Gyngell has just told me that he is not on.

“I am sure David Gallop was not happy with the Triple M interview and this has happened after that.”

What Gould said: The incredible interview on Triple M

Gallop was due to appear on a new segment starting tomorrow night, of which Gould was to be the architect, designed to ask the “hard questions”.

Gallop was reluctant to appear after last night’s ambush.

www.dailytelegraph.com.au

Apey

Staff member
CHANNEL Nine has stood down Phil Gould from Thursday's Footy Show after he ambushed NRL CEO David Gallop in a radio interview last night.

Nine chief executive David Gyngell spoke to Gould within hours of the interview telling him he would not be on.

The Footy Show boss Gary Burns confirmed that Gyngell had spoken to Gould and that he would not be appearing.

“We advertised that Phil Gould was going to be on the show but that is not happening now,” Burns said.

“I don’t know the reason why he is not on.

“David Gyngell has just told me that he is not on.

“I am sure David Gallop was not happy with the Triple M interview and this has happened after that.”

What Gould said: The incredible interview on Triple M

Gallop was due to appear on a new segment starting tomorrow night, of which Gould was to be the architect, designed to ask the “hard questions”.

Gallop was reluctant to appear after last night’s ambush.

www.dailytelegraph.com.au

Of course he's reluctant to appear :lol:

He is scared sh*tless of getting asked 'hard questions' in case the umming wears off.

Munro admitted to 2GB's Chris Smith, he was concerned about a news story on Sunday night by reporter Danny Weidler about Sonny Bill Williams's defection to union.

“And I said to the powers that be at the time: 'I’m worried this is going to be one big plug for the Mundine fight. And that’s not the story. Sonny Bill’s the story.'”

Weidler is a fame-whore...

gregstar

Referee
gallop the lawyer scared of a footy player / coach.

says a lot about the leadership.

if gould has any minerals, he'll head to the abc.

if the abc had any minerals & $$$, they'd boot 3/4 of the grandstand buffoons, & sign beesting head.

mckinks

Juniors
Whether you're a fan of Gould or not, a boycott of Nine should be on the cards for Thursday night by all and sundry. If great lengths are being taken to silence the voices that represent the greater good of the game, then we should all vote with the remote and switch them off.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
its fine for gould to ask difficult questions but if he carries on like a prat (which he ahs the propensity to do) then i can udnerstand gallop not wanting to appear and not having to cop sh*t from gould.

if you rememebr back in 95 (96?) with john ribot on the footy show trying to expalin superleague and hadley just didnt shut up th whole time and turned it into a farce.

i dont want to ehar the same sh*t prattling out of either gallops or goulds mouth and a slanging match would not be productive. Andrew Voss and Peter Sterlinga re just as sharp and i'd be happy to see them on instead of gould cos at elast they'll let gellop talk

bartman

Immortal
A bit of a tangent but this is the retiring Mike Munro's take on it:

News veteran Mike Munro says he wanted to leave the Nine network on a high.

After 22 years with the the station, working on numerous programs, including 60 Minutes, A Current Affair and This Is Your Life, Munro says it's time to go and he'll be leaving at the end of October.

http://livenews.com.au/Articles/200...appy_with_Nines_Sonny_Bill_coverage_on_Sunday
Wow, Weidler... how did he ever get a gig in TV???

barney gumble

Juniors
Unbelievable. They pay Gould to have an opinion and like him or not he certaintly isn't shy when voicing his opinion.
So did 9 stand him down because this altercation took place on 2MMM and not 9 or because the altercation happened? If it's the latter then it wreaks of cash for comment.

I'm over 9 and that weasel Weidler too.