What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nine's RLWC coverage gets worse in Melbourne

kuwaiti kev

Juniors
That's terrible, I just checked and in NZ we are even getting the 'ranking' games live this weekend.

Keep up to date using the Live Updates on this website you poor deprived aussies ;)

Hindyscrack

Bench
live here in london too

I feel for you back home, when i sit and whinge about the commentators, eddie stevo and clarke... I can at least console myself with live coverage

In-goal

Bench
Total disgrace.

I can't get over this at all, 9 must lose the rights to the NRL and not gain them back for a very long time. The only RL 9 show any respect to is SOO and that again is only in NSW and QLD, these fools need a lashing from the tounge of the NRL CEO.

ucantseeme

Juniors
Did the Aust vs Eng match bomb in the ratings in Victoria?

If it did okay you'd think they'd stick with the formula. Whoever runs programming in Melbourne must hate RL.

Mr Manly

Juniors
be honest - if it was ratings winner they would have it on live as its a dud it gets the timeslot they think is right - why would they not want to get the best possible ratings - it doesnt make sense - if it doesnt rate it doesnt get the timeslot - simple.

Copa

Bench
be honest - if it was ratings winner they would have it on live as its a dud it gets the timeslot they think is right - why would they not want to get the best possible ratings - it doesnt make sense - if it doesnt rate it doesnt get the timeslot - simple.
it's probably not that simple.
They would have done their sums... slightly smaller viewership but with heaps more comercials might bring in more money?

babyg

Juniors
RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD CUP Nine 900,000 399,000 158,000 289,000 35,000 19,000

I think that is a bit of a bomb in the ratings for Melbourne. Still not good enough to hook the games.

gottabegood

Juniors

Yeah...just like the AFL has been a massive ratings winner in the past 30 or more years in Sydney/NSW...you simpleton.

It should be a partnership to help build a product, like those slobbering wkrs at 7 and 10.

ucantseeme

Juniors
It almost makes you wish the entire RLWC was exclusive to Foxsports.

I guarantee a live RLWC final would be the highest rating show ever on Pay TV.

Yngwie_70

Juniors
Yeah...just like the AFL has been a massive ratings winner in the past 30 or more years in Sydney/NSW...you simpleton.

It should be a partnership to help build a product, like those slobbering wkrs at 7 and 10.

Why get personal when someone states a fact? Are we that insecure that we have to bag anybody that doesnt agree? Do you really believe that Nein would not have RLWC on live or a good time slot if it rated? Sure they would. We will never when the hearts and minds of Melbournians.
Yes they will attend one off events because they see it as a carnival. But no, they will never take the game to their hearts. Get used to it!

joshreading

Staff member
I hear this rubbish spouted 'they will never take it to their hearts' - we will never win over melburnians etc. Why then is it that WHENEVER - including the opening game of this season against Tigers that RL is shown at a respectable time it rates well. In fact better in comparison than AFL in Sydney?

Please Victorians will watch the Storm and RL if given the chance at decent hours. Many Vics would rather watch the Storm then an AFL game NOT involving their team. I think they should trial going head to head with AFL on Sat nights or Fri etc (with Storm games). They might just be surprised how well it rates as the neutral AFL fans turn to watch THEIR team in the NRL.

El Diablo

Post Whore
the AFL probably asked 9 to show it later and 9 will do anything and everything the AFL want

gottabegood

Juniors
Why get personal when someone states a fact? Are we that insecure that we have to bag anybody that doesnt agree? Do you really believe that Nein would not have RLWC on live or a good time slot if it rated? Sure they would. We will never when the hearts and minds of Melbournians.
Yes they will attend one off events because they see it as a carnival. But no, they will never take the game to their hearts. Get used to it!

You defend someone in a category you clearly have just contributed.....did you understand the point my post was getting at??

And of course Rugby League intends to take over the known world....immediately.

Latest posts