What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nines Shocking Coverage: 3 Extremly Valid points

Channel 9's coverage was absolutely abysmal.

First, they delay the football because of their 'Duty' to report on Apec during ACA, when in fact they ran stories focusing of Peter Brock's wife and a Ford for sale in America.

Second, I distinctly remembering Channel 9's sport boss telling Ray Hadley last week that they would run the game as if it was live. He said it would include add breaks consisting of 1 add (as per their usual live coverage) after stoppages. The first add they did this, but the very next add went for 3 minutes as did all others.

Third, when 9 left for a break in the 27th minute, they came back and it was the 35th. They realised their mistake and cut back. We all saw the score so that 10 mins of football was pointless for us to see as we knew no score would eventuate.

Shame Nine, Shame!

Also, was it just me or did they run 3 adds during a 10-15 minute period?

Iafeta

Referee
Disgraceful really... and topped off by Gould telling us when Byrne missed his try that Inu was denied a try at the other end. Quite clearly there were 2 Warriors covering across in defence.

All in all, bad night for Nine.

mattyg

Bench
i seen the 35th/27th minute crap...i was watching it as if it was live, so the next 10 minutes was boring. Everytime they cut back from an ad break after that i was worried that they'd skip 20 minutes ahead or some crap.

nqboy

First Grade
Give them a break. They've only been doing it for fifteen years. They'll improve.

Isn't it funny that the only persons that laud Nein's coverage are themselves and their girlfriend, David Gallop?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
That annoys me that ACA put some story on that couldve been shown any other day.

I hope they lost the ratings for that time slot cause they deserve to.

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
My two highlights.

When Gus said that Parra got more penalties than any other team in the comp and obviously work for this. I would love to know how they do this. Gus provided no further insights. Perhaps because he realized the moronic statement he had just made.

Ikin said at one point "I love watching Tim Smith when he's good but not being brilliant".

Esoj

Juniors
the nine coverage was quite disgraceful really. that was nothing like watching a live game and was like watching a delayed filled ad game. that huge screw up where they cutback and you saw the nine logo on screen for a few seconds was just funny stuff. also after the second para try did anyone else here gus say cancel it as they were going out to the ad break as the warriors were about to kick off.

Iafeta

Referee
Esoj said:
the nine coverage was quite disgraceful really. that was nothing like watching a live game and was like watching a delayed filled ad game. that huge screw up where they cutback and you saw the nine logo on screen for a few seconds was just funny stuff. also after the second para try did anyone else here gus say cancel it as they were going out to the ad break as the warriors were about to kick off.

Yep, he must be the producer now too :lol:

Misty Bee

First Grade
There is one valid point in all of this: the stuff up with the wrong footage at the wrong time.

As for the other stuff, it's just pure whinge. Yeah, 9 are in it for the money. Would you rather they show it when no one can see it just because it's "live"?

RalthFilthy

Juniors
join the bandwagon said:
Third, when 9 left for a break in the 27th minute, they came back and it was the 35th. They realised their mistake and cut back. We all saw the score so that 10 mins of football was pointless for us to see as we knew no score would eventuate.

Shame Nine, Shame!
I was jumping up and down and yelling at the tv when I saw 35 minutes, my missus thought I had gone insane. Like you say they cut back and the next 10mins are meaningless.:x
After we had to see some crap about telescopes and all sorts of rubbish( not much to do with APEC at all), channel 9 are a disgrace.:x
Where are the clowns that were posting the other day that thought a delayed coverage would be ok? morons.
I also heard that wanker from 9 say that it would be treated as if live and they would only have 1 add per break, I was real confident of that happening.:roll:

RalthFilthy

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
There is one valid point in all of this: the stuff up with the wrong footage at the wrong time.

As for the other stuff, it's just pure whinge. Yeah, 9 are in it for the money. Would you rather they show it when no one can see it just because it's "live"?

Yes, it works for a lot of other sports.
Are you a 9 stooge or what? no rugby league fan should be happy with what 9 has dished up tonight.

Esoj

Juniors
Misty Bee said:

channel nine are a professional television company and therefore should act like one. sure mistakes happen in tv but tonight channel nine were more like some amateur station doing it for the first time. people deserve quality tv from a professional tv station and that is not whinging it's what every fan watching deserves not amateur time for nrl finals.

ouwet

Bench
In defence of 9 it wasn't there cameras... If you guys paid attention they said on a number of occassions they're getting the feed from Sky Sports.

Latest posts