What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

no roberts no #22 premiership

handyman2190

Bench
If u believe media we havent even made an offer yet and he is meeting madge today so todays the day, how st merge after buying so many players and putting 600 on the table for the bird would have 400 a season to offer JR is beyond my reasoning, maybe they were hedging their bets between JR and bird maybe if its true and they have pulled out they know bird will sign wigh them. We havent even made a firm offer apparenly so todays the day

handyman2190

Bench
The other point is this, dont believe all the BS about were he wants to play its all about money, he and his camp thought he would get big bucks now they are backpeddaling we cannot offer him more than id say 350 thats walkers 250 plus they were going to upgrade him another 100k maybe third party will chip in another 50 but watch everyone lose it and critisisms fly about how we could afford him and salary cap rorting you watch

Pommy

Coach
The other point is this, dont believe all the BS about were he wants to play its all about money, he and his camp thought he would get big bucks now they are backpeddaling we cannot offer him more than id say 350 thats walkers 250 plus they were going to upgrade him another 100k maybe third party will chip in another 50 but watch everyone lose it and critisisms fly about how we could afford him and salary cap rorting you watch

Do we think third parties would be lining up to give deals to a young lad who's been sacked twice for being a bit of a dickhead.

Galeforce

Bench
Do we think third parties would be lining up to give deals to a young lad who's been sacked twice for being a bit of a dickhead.

If someone had more money than they needed , were a diehard Souths supporter , thought that Roberts was fast , and could improve Souths team chances in 2016 and finally believed that sponsoring a footballer rarely increased profits anyway , then sure.

Exsilium

Coach
The situation as I see it is this.

1: Broncos have offered him the chance to play under Bennett, take his game to the next level and play in a very competitive side. All of this for unders for 2016 with a boost thereafter.

2: St George have offered the $400k and believe that's a fair deal for a guy who,12 months ago was on the scrap heap. Peter Doust rarely pays overs.

3: Souths will come in with a relatively solid offer for 2016 with the big increases over 17,18.

Roberts may only join Souths simply because glamour and a low net worth doesn't appeal to him and the dragons offered him a realistic sum which for the move isn't worth it. I guess you could say you will win by default.

I am of the firm believer he does not want to leave Queensland. On that basis I think, with the pre season already in full swing that he will stay a Titan for 2016.

Pommy

Coach

1: Broncos have offered him the chance to play under Bennett, take his game to the next level and play in a very competitive side. All of this for unders for 2016 with a boost thereafter.

2: St George have offered the $400k and believe that's a fair deal for a guy who,12 months ago was on the scrap heap. Peter Doust rarely pays overs.

3: Souths will come in with a relatively solid offer for 2016 with the big increases over 17,18.

Roberts may only join Souths simply because glamour and a low net worth doesn't appeal to him and the dragons offered him a realistic sum which for the move isn't worth it. I guess you could say you will win by default.

I am of the firm believer he does not want to leave Queensland. On that basis I think, with the pre season already in full swing that he will stay a Titan for 2016.

I would be really shocked if he was stay at Titans. Well not even stay as he's a free agent.

Exsilium

Coach
I would be really shocked if he was stay at Titans. Well not even stay as he's a free agent.

It wasn't so long ago that he was all about the Titans and sure a f**k up of epic proportions followed but all the talk has been about where he could end up but what is stopping the Titans putting together an actual offer reflective of his requests? His manager could be driving the price up elsewhere, which is failing and the Titans may just sneak back in.

doyen

Bench
It wasn't so long ago that he was all about the Titans and sure a f**k up of epic proportions followed but all the talk has been about where he could end up but what is stopping the Titans putting together an actual offer reflective of his requests? His manager could be driving the price up elsewhere, which is failing and the Titans may just sneak back in.

I think the Titans offered $275--there's a fair chance he could ask to go back & continue his preferred lifestyle!
I'm sure they'd welcome him back with open arms. That is definitely an option which his Uncle Jeremy would have explored,I'm sure!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Yeah mate agree.

250k-300k we would pay him with 100k TPA's so about 350k he'd get for 2016.

In 2017 we would probably give him 350-400k with 100k TPA's.

LU will go into meltdown. All the Souths haters on here which is loads will all be out.

We are The Pride of The League Forever:cool:

I'm sure you agree shadow.

SaraSassypants

Juniors

Broncos are not topping up their offer for 2017. It's apparently 250k for both years.
At Souths he has apparently been offered slightly more money, in a competitive team with a great coach who can help him work towards playing Origin. He's got the same opportunities at Souths that he would have at Broncos except that being in Sydney gives Laurie Daley easier access to his game.

Yeah mate agree.

250k-300k we would pay him with 100k TPA's so about 350k he'd get for 2016.

In 2017 we would probably give him 350-400k with 100k TPA's.

LU will go into meltdown. All the Souths haters on here which is loads will all be out.

We are The Pride of The League Forever:cool:

I'm sure you agree shadow.

Not wrong R20.The butt hurt will be massive.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Broncos aren't offering him 250k a year.
He'll recieve a lot more at the broncos by other means.
All their superstars over the years have been on '250k' a year. Even lockyers last contracts were for a similar amount

Pommy

Coach
Broncos aren't offering him 250k a year.
He'll recieve a lot more at the broncos by other means.
All their superstars over the years have been on '250k' a year. Even lockyers last contracts were for a similar amount

I'm no sure that can be true as the NRL give players a minimum cap amount irrespective of what a club pays them.
Sure they could pay all they're players on minimum as dictated by the NRL but can't see t being that low.

I think the rules changed to eliminate that otherwise we would have GI and Sam on 250k as well as all other teams marquee player
The NRL may have to obviously set a market value that's fair for each top 25 player

Lets just hope the lure of between GI Sam George Madges coaching Rustys smooth vision and access to 3 rd party sweeteners from top end of town and playing in a team that could definately challenge for title in 16 17 etc will be enough to get Jimmy the Jet back reeking havoc against opposing defences in the red and green again

Rabbits20

Immortal
Lets just hope the lure of between GI Sam George Madges coaching Rustys smooth vision and access to 3 rd party sweeteners from top end of town and playing in a team that could definately challenge for title in 16 17 etc will be enough to get Jimmy the Jet back reeking havoc against opposing defences in the red and green again

If we secure enough TPA's we get Roberts says the Mole. That's what it depends on.

If we can't manage to he's off to Brisbane.

Latest posts