What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

no roberts no #22 premiership

Also Just on the news, Tim Grant discussing a 3 year deal with the Tigers so we can make room for JR. Says he is leaning towards the most lucrative of the offers, which is with us

Woofy7

Juniors
If we release grant then the James Roberts offer must big a big one, I don't seethe Broncos being able to go close without releasing someone. I haven't heard of the Broncos looking to make way in their cap that noise seems to be coming from our way.

alien

Referee
well then lets hope this agreement with grant going to wt happens quickly before roberts possibly chooses to go elsewhere

Rabbits20

Immortal
If we release grant then the James Roberts offer must big a big one, I don't seethe Broncos being able to go close without releasing someone. I haven't heard of the Broncos looking to make way in their cap that noise seems to be coming from our way.

How much do you think we'd pay Roberts in 2016????

I reckon 350k under the cap and 50-100k TPA's.

His deal would be back ended I think.

Probably on 450k under the cap in 2017 with 50-100k TPA's.

Thoughts Woofy7???

Woofy7

Juniors
How much do you think we'd pay Roberts in 2016????

I reckon 350k under the cap and 50-100k TPA's.

His deal would be back ended I think.

Probably on 450k under the cap in 2017 with 50-100k TPA's.

Thoughts Woofy7???

I reckon 350 to be honest under the cap.

I don't see a back end deal, I think 350 over three years and maybe third party deals of around 125-150 per year bringing the total to around the 1.5 over three years.

I think we will be very careful about back end deals as we wanna keep some key players heading into 2017 and beyond.

Exsilium

Coach
Word is Broncos are releasing Copley and Maranta, both combined should cover Roberts.

I think your chances are one fifteenths of f**k all. Sadly.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I reckon 350 to be honest under the cap.

I don't see a back end deal, I think 350 over three years and maybe third party deals of around 125-150 per year bringing the total to around the 1.5 over three years.

I think we will be very careful about back end deals as we wanna keep some key players heading into 2017 and beyond.

I have to agree.

Good thinking from you mate.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Take my word we are the favourites and Im expecting an Announcement soon

Word is Roberts to Brisbane says Dean Ritchie. Expect it possibly tomorrow or Wednesday.

Souths are pissed off as Roberts is mucking us around.

If this is the case expect Souths to keep Grant.

Exsilium

Coach
Word is Roberts to Brisbane says Dean Ritchie. Expect it possibly tomorrow or Wednesday.

Souths are pissed off as Roberts is mucking us around.

If this is the case expect Souths to keep Grant.

Then randomly the roosters chime in with an 11th hour bid and we all sit here scratching our heads!!!

Galeforce

Bench
yeah as long as we get roberts

regardless of Roberts , releasing Grant is a good idea . It frees up salary cap for 2016/2017/2018. If we do not get Roberts , we can look at someone else for 2016 . There are always players becoming free for 2016 e.g. Teo.

Port Panther

Juniors
Bunnies should just release Grevs as well and throw the chequebook at Roberts.We wouldn'nt complain but if he goes to the Broncos for far less people will be up in arms.

Last edited:

Latest posts