What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nominations thread.

taipan

Referee
What if a few of them are DE LA or CC or Shire junior league? Capable Wolf in sheeps clothing?

If the sheep dressed as a wolves can steer the club through the mire,into calm waters and prosperity,who the rats A cares.They would no doubt be passionate about the grassroots aspect for a start.

There are a lot of characteristics I haven't liked about politicians in the past eg Keating.Yet he did a lot of things for business and investors,and I am a Liberal voter generally.
I look at it this way
@ Development approved,units soon to be selling off the plan
b)Debt reduced dramatically
c)we have a mighty fine football team
d) Once we get over this ASADA crap,light ahead .And the Master;s relevation about Essendon has got me riled.
Then any board with an ounce of competence,should be able to build on that.Business experience people would appear to be in the majority,and even people with grassroots code experience.They are not being elected to run the U.N.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I dont have any problem with any of that. What I dont understand is why you think the Unity ticket is better than any others?
Perhaps Dumphy contributing 3 hours per week is better than IRvine contributing 60 hrs per week.? Perhaps a lawyer from Brisbane attending meetings once a month is all that is required to run the club well.
I don't know but it seems you have bought into what ever it is they are offering, if aything.

Feej

First Grade
Gotta say, there's a lot of business and professional experience in that ticket. I reckon' that's what we need right now, above all.

spider

Coach
They are pursuing Keogh as chair???

I thought he didn't qualify as per the constitution - possibly assumptions were off the mark

taipan

Referee
I dont have any problem with any of that. What I dont understand is why you think the Unity ticket is better than any others?
Perhaps Dumphy contributing 3 hours per week is better than IRvine contributing 60 hrs per week.? Perhaps a lawyer from Brisbane attending meetings once a month is all that is required to run the club well.
I don't know but it seems you have bought into what ever it is they are offering, if aything.

No, I have always stated D Irvine and co did a tremendous job in saving the club,by getting the Development approval,and bringing a feeling of confidence to Sharks' fans.I am aware of the time and sacrifices he made,I certainly could not have done it.

From what I have ascertained so far the ticket proposed by Gow,appears to meet my needs as of this moment in time.I will no doubt check further into what the others have to offer,their qualifications etc,I could change my mind down the line.It's not as if the election is on tomorrow.So it is not in my book a lay down,just my opinion so far.

One of the most important aspects for me is high profile business contacts.The rah rahs have it and it brings money into their code and even the fumbleballers.
We did not have a full time CEO when we needed it,that is my bugbear.I know financial constraints made it so,but it would have reduced D.Is workload IMO.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
Paul McCarthy.

Conspicuous lack of specific information on his profile. No pic.

I was raised and educated in the Sutherland Shire while playing numerous competitive sports

^ Bit vague

There was a Paul McCarthy who played lower grades for the Sharks in the 80s. He was De La Salle born and bred.

Anyone know if this is the same bloke?

Madsharkie

First Grade
Gotta say, there's a lot of business and professional experience in that ticket. I reckon' that's what we need right now, above all.

I agree with that Feej. Lots of experience and business success amongst that group. I was impressed reading their website and biographies.

I'm still confused about what the actual platform is that the unity ticket are running on. Their flyer didn't say it and I checked the website which doesn't say it. Can somebody tell me what it actually is that they offer different? something like guaranteed profit of $1m next year...give me something!! Where is their business plan?
It appears simply to be a contest on who has the biggest d&%k (sorry CV), which doesn't cut it for such a major decision in my book.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did anyone here go to school with any of the blokes on the Sharks Unity ticket.

I didn't, and I need to know if they are good blokes. They seem to be the sort of professionals the club needs

Stuff

Juniors
I agree with that Feej. Lots of experience and business success amongst that group. I was impressed reading their website and biographies.

Just out of curiosity, have you compared the 'experience and business success' of that group versus the current? Or you only looking at the one group?

Frenzy.

Immortal
Did anyone here go to school with any of the blokes on the Sharks Unity ticket.

I didn't, and I need to know if they are good blokes. They seem to be the sort of professionals the club needs

I believe I did.

PM me

Latest posts