What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

Gronk

Staff member
easportsfifa-wtf-crazy-3ov9jNfsMbfFYiegZa

Noise

Coach
If I say Todd Carney got sacked from the sharks a couple of years ago, do I have to source it?

Gronk

Staff member

And

I might just put this here.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11...-of-scandals-derailed-a-promising-nrl/8004488

February 2013

Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg said Barba had breached the club's code of conduct as a result of his off-field behaviour and has numerous personal issues to resolve, standing the player down indefinitely.

Barba was said to be struggling with the breakdown of his relationship with his long-term girlfriend and Greenberg pointed to alcohol and gambling among a multitude of personal issues troubling him.

September 2013

The Bulldogs asked the NRL integrity unit to investigate media reports that Barba punched a woman in the face. The incident was alleged to have been the reason he spent a fortnight in rehabilitation in February.

A newspaper published pictures of Barba's ex-partner Ainslie Currie with a cut to her face, prompting claims of a cover-up by the club for failing to inform the NRL about the incident.

An independent inquiry by Tony Bannon SC cleared Canterbury and Greenberg of wrongdoing in their handling of the Barba issue.

Noise

Coach
The mod who deleted your post informed you that breaking news or info about breaking news has to be sourced.

https://leagueunlimited.com/forum-rules

Well Twiz has said this before:

F362D4F5-C7E2-4F58-AAD5-107690A3C23A.jpeg

And there was a whole thread about Barba being sacked on the NRL forum (that was posted before mine) that didn’t get removed. And none of the original posts have a source

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/barba-sacked-by-cowboys.474145/

Why does my one line statement get removed that asked if he had been sacked when there’s a whole thread dedicated to the same thing?

Is there a rule for some people and not others?

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Well Twiz has said this before:

View attachment 26851

And there was a whole thread about Barba being sacked on the NRL forum (that was posted before mine) that didn’t get removed. And none of the original posts have a source

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/barba-sacked-by-cowboys.474145/

Why does my one line statement get removed that asked if he had been sacked when there’s a whole thread dedicated to the same thing?

Is there a rule for some people and not others?

Can’t comment about other forums, but we run a tight ship here. upload_2019-2-2_15-12-54.gif

Noise

Coach
Can’t comment about other forums, but we run a tight ship here. View attachment 26852

It’s all LU with the exact same rules. And it seems the mods on LU don’t know the rules.

Please tell me why that thread is allowed and my one line asking if Ben Barba got sacked gets removed. And as Twiz said if something’s already posted it doesn’t need to be sourced. That thread was posted before mine.

If it’s allowed on the main NRL forum it’s allowed here

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It’s all LU with the exact same rules. And it seems the mods on LU don’t know the rules.

Please tell me why that thread is allowed and my one line asking if Ben Barba got sacked gets removed. And as Twiz said if something’s already posted it doesn’t need to be sourced. That thread was posted before mine.

If it’s allowed on the main NRL forum it’s allowed here

not really sure why having an unsourced post deleted offends you so much

its ironic that you mentioned the thread in the NRL forum as you are unable to see the 30 or 40 odd posts that have been deleted

if a moderator has not seen the news or heard about the breaking news then I expect them to delete it, if you make the allegation its your job to source it, its not hard to do.

As I understand it you broke the news in the Eels forum and not all Eels mods venture into the other forums.

Noise

Coach
not really sure why having an unsourced post deleted offends you so much

its ironic that you mentioned the thread in the NRL forum as you are unable to see the 30 or 40 odd posts that have been deleted

if a moderator has not seen the news or heard about the breaking news then I expect them to delete it, if you make the allegation its your job to source it, its not hard to do.

As I understand it you broke the news in the Eels forum and not all Eels mods venture into the other forums.

It shits me because there is a rule for some and a rule for others. I just want to know why the thread in the NRL forum is still there? 12 pages of it. And the first 9 or 10 posts had no source. Posted before mine. How come they can stay?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It shits me because there is a rule for some and a rule for others. I just want to know why the thread in the NRL forum is still there? 12 pages of it. And the first 9 or 10 posts had no source. Posted before mine. How come they can stay?

Well as a favour to you I will explain but dont think for one minute we are obliged to explain anything.

If this were in the NRL forum your post would be deleted as we dont tolerate people bitching about being moderated.

The reason the one in the NRL forum was not deleted is if we delete the first post then the whole thread gets deleted and we want discussion to be held as its newsworthy so by the time a moderator got to it, it had already been sourced in the 10th post.

And by the 10th post I mean the 10th post that is viewable to the public, like I just said, you cant see whats been deleted.

Noise

Coach
Well as a favour to you I will explain but dont think for one minute we are obliged to explain anything.

If this were in the NRL forum your post would be deleted as we dont tolerate people bitching about being moderated.

The reason the one in the NRL forum was not deleted is if we delete the first post then the whole thread gets deleted and we want discussion to be held as its newsworthy so by the time a moderator got to it, it had already been sourced in the 10th post.

And by the 10th post I mean the 10th post that is viewable to the public, like I just said, you cant see whats been deleted.

Ok fair enough. It was sourced about 10 posts after mine last night too (by Gronk) so mods had obviously seen it and it was definitely news worthy by the time I posted but mine didn’t get deleted till mid morning today. I should have just started a new thread.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ok fair enough. It was sourced about 10 posts after mine last night too but mine didn’t get deleted till mid morning today. I should have just started a new thread.

haha,

maybe there were no mods around last night, this aint a full time paying job you know

strider

Post Whore
I get its a bit annoying mate, but i dont think its anything personal or anything ... this is just a free site moderated as best it can by people giving up their own time ... things wont always be perfect

You are a well respected poster ... get your point, but probably not worth your energy to stress too much

Latest posts