What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
Two. One lift in each place. Both are three stories. Probably the best joint I’ve seen in years and I knew it wouldn’t go to auction as they were quoting too high and it scared off all the buyers.
Well you are already looking at a lift maintance contract. That could be $10k a year.

Avenger

Immortal
Well you are already looking at a lift maintance contract. That could be $10k a year.
The lift and the turn table in the garage would probably absorb most of the admin quarterly fees.

And that plunge pool is a wank. I’d be filling that if I bought it.

hindy111

Post Whore
I need to downsize bro. Besides I give money to those pesky guide dog people every year since Gaz gave them my details.

I function in 38sqmtrs.

Any single ladies in the family Avenger ? I would love an educated women. Preferably fit but I am relaxed on that.

strider

Post Whore
The lift and the turn table in the garage would probably absorb most of the admin quarterly fees.

And that plunge pool is a wank. I’d be filling that if I bought it.
Some merkin has to mow that long nature strip ... you gonna mow half each?

Gronk

Staff member
The one next door sold for $3.55m.

Just buy an old house for $2m. Knock it down and put your own “torrens title” duplex on it. Build costs will be $2m. Flog one for $4m. Keep the other one for free.

Sutherland Council allow it. You just need the width to get them side by side. You don’t want be paying that sort of coin for strata. The market doesn’t like it. Research it. I’m right.

Eelogical

Referee
No. But I hope the Tigers rip those grubby dolphins a new arse.
622322-simmons-try.gif

Avenger

Immortal
Just buy an old house for $2m. Knock it down and put your own “torrens title” duplex on it. Build costs will be $2m. Flog one for $4m. Keep the other one for free.

Sutherland Council allow it. You just need the width to get them side by side. You don’t want be paying that sort of coin for strata. The market doesn’t like it. Research it. I’m right.
I agree. You are right. That’s why I didn’t submit an offer.

Gronk

Staff member
I agree. You are right. That’s why I didn’t submit an offer.

Here’s an example. I know a guy who knows a guy......:wink:

Anyway, the block wasn’t big enough to get a torren subdivision. Stunning property that backs on to the prestigious Australian golf course ( Kerry Packers home course) but he couldn’t move it because merkins with that sort of coin are savvy and don’t like Strata. In the end he had to almost give it away.

https://www.raywhite.com/nsw/kingsford/1107985/?lang=en

strider

Post Whore
Here’s an example. I know a guy who knows a guy......:wink:

Anyway, the block wasn’t big enough to get a torren subdivision. Stunning property that backs on to the prestigious Australian golf course ( Kerry Packers home course) but he couldn’t move it because merkins with that sort of coin are savvy and don’t like Strata. In the end he had to almost give it away.

https://www.raywhite.com/nsw/kingsford/1107985/?lang=en
I'd have heaps of fun playing my wayward sliced drive out of their back yard

Gronk

Staff member
I'd have heaps of fun playing my wayward sliced drive out of their back yard

I don’t know about you, but it’s not the sort of course I’d want play on.

Re: Packer

He may have opened up cricket to the people but he preferred to keep the golf course, for example, to himself. There's the classic story about the day Packer turned up at the Australian Golf Club to find it crawling with non-members. It was "trades day". "Who are they?" he barked at the manager.

They were "tradies", plumbers and mechanics and carpenters -- the sort of people who loved World Series Cricket -- and their occasional days pumped $400,000 into the club. Packer wrote a cheque for $400,000 and did so for the next 11 years, just so non-members would not make it onto the course.

http://blogs.smh.com.au/thecontrarian/archives/2006/02/kerry_versus_th_1.html

Latest posts