What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Suitman

Post Whore
That sucks, mate!

All is not lost for us - our bank says we can still buy something up to $560,000, so an upgrade is on the cards.

It's just a matter of where, and how much.

But we were told we could get $480,000 for our apartment, and had to settle for $385,000.

But at least we can move on!

Losses are quite unpleasant and worse still, unavoidable when a property needs to be sold, for whatever reason.
I feel for you and wish you the best.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Interested in a 3 bedda in Glenmore park? I put a lot of work into it.
Carport,
Tiled/covered outdoor area about 50sqmtrs.
Re did bathroom with floor heating
Kitchen new appliances and new stone bench tops,sink,taps
Downlights , celing fans x 4
New split Air con
New Floating floorboards in bedroom
Tiled throughout
New laundry

Sounds quite nice, but perhaps out of our price range!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Losses are quite unpleasant and worse still, unavoidable when a property needs to be sold, for whatever reason.

Thanks, mate!

I had to get out of this complex - my wife could not sleep, because our neighbours are noisy, inconsiderate jerks, so I decided we needed to move.

We had the apartment appraised at $440,000 to $480,000, but we had to settle for $385,000, due to a total lack of interest.

Now comes the hard part - finding something new!

hindy111

Post Whore

When I left mine I was toll get $490 a week. I signed up then when time for inspection 5 days later they said markets changed and only get $450. I felt like they fooled me to sign up. merkins.

Suitman

Post Whore
Interested in a 3 bedda in Glenmore park? I put a lot of work into it.
Carport,
Tiled/covered outdoor area about 50sqmtrs.
Re did bathroom with floor heating
Kitchen new appliances and new stone bench tops,sink,taps
Downlights , celing fans x 4
New split Air con
New Floating floorboards in bedroom
Tiled throughout
New laundry

Looks great.
I found it on realestate.com

Suitman

Post Whore
Thanks, mate!

I had to get out of this complex - my wife could not sleep, because our neighbours are noisy, inconsiderate jerks, so I decided we needed to move.

We had the apartment appraised at $440,000 to $480,000, but we had to settle for $385,000, due to a total lack of interest.

:(

Eelogical

Referee
Thanks, mate!

Don't confine yourself to Sydney. As great as the place is, there's a big ol' country outside of Sydney. You just need to broaden your horizons.

Incorrect

Coach
Thanks, mate!

That's the shitty part about living in a unit complex - you don't know who's above or below you and there's not much buffer if they're merkins.

Before we bought our house, the missus and I rented a brand new unit in nth parramatta... It was really nice, close to church street food strip, close to everything really. We loved it.... Until... Until a group of early 20-somethings moved in directly below us. They were typical of that age group I suppose, but the smoke from the cigarettes and bongs wafting up past our balcony and bedroom window became too much. We were 4th floor, they were 3rd... And then when you looked over the balcony to the garden bed on the ground floor, you could see where they were throwing empty bottles and cans etc... We were lucky enough to know that it was short term, but I always thought, imagine if you had bought one of these brand new units to live in, and they were really f**king nice units, a pool in the complex and all, but imagine you spent all that money intending to live there for good and then you're surrounded by rentals occupied by f**king trash tossing merkins and Bob Marley and the Wailers living underneath you!! You'd be livid....

hindy111

Post Whore
That's the shitty part about living in a unit complex - you don't know who's above or below you and there's not much buffer if they're merkins.

Before we bought our house, the missus and I rented a brand new unit in nth parramatta... It was really nice, close to church street food strip, close to everything really. We loved it.... Until... Until a group of early 20-somethings moved in directly below us. They were typical of that age group I suppose, but the smoke from the cigarettes and bongs wafting up past our balcony and bedroom window became too much. We were 4th floor, they were 3rd... And then when you looked over the balcony to the garden bed on the ground floor, you could see where they were throwing empty bottles and cans etc... We were lucky enough to know that it was short term, but I always thought, imagine if you had bought one of these brand new units to live in, and they were really f**king nice units, a pool in the complex and all, but imagine you spent all that money intending to live there for good and then you're surrounded by rentals occupied by f**king trash tossing merkins and Bob Marley and the Wailers living underneath you!! You'd be livid....

Yeah neighbours must hate listening to me play guitar. I do ask them however. And most say they enjoy it.

Bazal

Post Whore
Nobody has jobs outside of Sydney? View attachment 28259

Well, I live in Canberra, so you'd be surprised....

But that's not the point and you know it. To leave Sydney or any place you have spent most of your life, you have to not only leave your job, but find another in the place to which you intend to move. That isn't easy, nor is it always possible.

hindy111

Post Whore
So? If someone wants to make a go of it there are also opportunities away from the big smoke. I moved to Brisbane just over a year ago. There's just as many opportunities here for those who want to put in the hard yards.

Brisbanes a big city.
I'm refering to say the sth coast for example.

Eelogical

Referee
Well, I live in Canberra, so you'd be surprised....

But that's not the point and you know it. To leave Sydney or any place you have spent most of your life, you have to not only leave your job, but find another in the place to which you intend to move. That isn't easy, nor is it always possible.
Mate, my whole family moved from a dairy farm just outside of Lismore to find a new life in Sydney. Not because we wanted to, but we had no choice. I was 10 at the time. As a family, we adapted, though I can't say I enjoyed the transition until I left high school. These days, my siblings are spread between Canberra, Sydney and the Central Coast of NSW. I've elected to head to QLD because families get extended and well, house prices being half of Sydney and all.