What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

84 Baby

Referee
Not always, no, but sometimes yes. To me it depends on what other avenues were available and what the person's real motivations were. Doing the wrong thing for the right reasons seems like one of those questions that will never be resolved.
I agree but my point was more the second wrongdoer themself shouldn’t excuse their own wrongdoing. Regardless of any other potential avenue or what the motivations were. If you are going to play the martyr you have to be prepared to make the sacrifice

I agree but my point was more the second wrongdoer themself shouldn’t excuse their own wrongdoing. Regardless of any other potential avenue or what the motivations were. If you are going to play the martyr you have to be prepared to make the sacrifice
In general I agree but I don't think you should necessarily have to submit yourself for punishment by the entity whose wrongdoing you exposed.

TheRam

Coach
Ping @TheRam

Meanwhile in Australia

This is a very complicated subject and so many differing views and grey areas. So are we surprised a politician/s
has/have maybe gotten it somewhat wrong? But to paint Trump as a homophobe because of this is a lefty stretch as expected.

Where do I stand on the issue? I wouldn't blanket ban any group from the military, but assess each case on its merits. But in saying that, who does the assessments and can they be trusted to be objective? It is the military we are talking about. Every citizens life is depended upon them. It is not like any other organisation. There is no room for wishy washy liberalism getting in the way of strong and proven policies that have worked for thousands of years.

When a nation is at war and you are in a front line battle, who do you want along side of you? Powerful physically and mentally strong men that are completely focused or a man or a woman that may or may not be mentally or physically up to it due to their own issues? Are there exceptions, of course there are and that's why I am not in favour of a blanket ban.

Oh by the way, I also think that women in general should not be deployed to the front lines. Does that make me a bigot? You would probably say yes, but for me I think that they are generally inferior physically to me or most other males that would be serving and therefore a greater liability to me, others within our group and themselves. But in every other non physical aspect in life, women are equal and often better.

But like I said this is a very complex and varied issue and pollies will probably never get it right totally. But this does not make Trump a person that hates trans people, but if you haven't noticed yet, he is extremely patriotic and put the nations interest first over any individual groups. An over reaction? I think so, but lets hope he readdress it and gets it more right. But excluding the military which is a very unique entity and has its own non civilian rules and laws and rightly so, I ask again Gronk where has Trump shown to hate anyone or any group, that is not breaking the law, in a bigotry way?

Below are 3 different articles that give different perspectives on the issue. The first one is particularly interesting because it is written by an ex military transgender officer.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2017/08...ender-dysphoria-poses-real-problems-military/

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts...thoughts-current-military-policies-180971134/

https://www.heritage.org/civil-soci...nder-accommodations-arent-compatible-military

Gronk

Staff member
I ask again Gronk where has Trump shown to hate anyone or any group, that is not breaking the law, in a bigotry way?
You’re moving the goal posts. Now you want an example of an homophobic action which has broken the law?

Pfft. Here’s another example. Obama introduced protections for kids in schools. Trump reversed it.

[/I]

TheRam

Coach
Not always, no, but sometimes yes. To me it depends on what other avenues were available and what the person's real motivations were. Doing the wrong thing for the right reasons seems like one of those questions that will never be resolved.

If Gronk broke the law to hack into a computer that was government owned to access a file that he knew proved that there was a cover up by said government that put you in prison for 40 years non parole for high crimes against the State, should he go to prison along side you or should he be free to do so and therefore you gain your rightful freedom and he considered a hero?

I say throw his lily white arse into the cell with us and we will show him who the hero is and how two wrongs do make it oh soooo right and he will have 40 years of long hard nights to think about his foolish ill thought out transgressions.

84 Baby

Referee
In general I agree but I don't think you should necessarily have to submit yourself for punishment by the entity whose wrongdoing you exposed.
Not necessarily but when it comes to a government of the people nor should you feel privileged to separate the people from the individual. If you are harming one, you are harming them all

Whatever happened to “two wrongs don’t make a right”?
I’m happy for public interest exposures but it’s hardly like they were done in the most legal of ways

Legal? Who sets laws? The same government that’s doing the bad shit?

Assange was loved by the left 3 years ago. They lined up to suck his cock because his big dumps had been against Bush.

The government changes (and, so COINCIDENTALLY!!!, Assange’s target changes) and now they f**king hate him.

Blah blah blah blah blah - they hate him because he dumped on Hillary and Podesta.

I am in utter shock when I reveal to you all that, yet again, leftoids are acting like hypocrites.

84 Baby

Referee

Assange was loved by the left 3 years ago. They lined up to suck his c**k because his big dumps had been against Bush.

The government changes (and, so COINCIDENTALLY!!!, Assange’s target changes) and now they f**king hate him.

Blah blah blah blah blah - they hate him because he dumped on Hillary and Podesta.

I am in utter shock when I reveal to you all that, yet again, leftoids are acting like hypocrites.
So what’s your response if I stole off you? Shrug your shoulders, chop off my hands or go crying to government?
Some laws predate governments

TheRam

Coach
You’re moving the goal posts. Now you want an example of an homophobic action which has broken the law?

Pfft. Here’s another example. Obama introduced protections for kids in schools. Trump reversed it.

[/I]

Oh pls, harassment or any other issue in society should never be dealt with by passing laws for individual groups or persons. Harassment and bullying are serious issues for all people and the laws no matter who you are should be the same for all of us. Trump is simply addressing a wrong that should not have been made in the first place.

If there is a problem, fix it the same for all of us.

That is the problem with you libs, always looking to make one group in society a victim over the other. It you feel the law is't strong enough to protect you or anyone else then argue to fix it for all of us.

Straw man argument presented again.

As for moving the goal posts, hardly. I don't see the Trans issue in the military as a homophobic argument like you and all your liberal supporters who try to. That is what the left always do. Your a racist this your a homophobic that. Crap. You have conveniently ignored virtually everything I address in my previous post, or the thoughtful opinion of the Transgender soldier article beneath it. She or I are hardly espousing homophobic rhetoric there. But what can I say...your a typical Trump hater to the very end like all lefties. Can't have a debate or discussion without the dreaded R word eventually being raised.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Assange was loved by the left 3 years ago. They lined up to suck his c**k because his big dumps had been against Bush.

Ping @84 Baby - Just out of interest, which side of politics do you identify yourself with?

I lean to the right? What about you?

Just want to check whether HJ is having a conversation with people on this forum or having another one of hissy fits against 'leftoids' after binge-watching 'Ben Shapiro owns' videos.

If Gronk broke the law to hack into a computer that was government owned to access a file that he knew proved that there was a cover up by said government that put you in prison for 40 years non parole for high crimes against the State, should he go to prison along side you or should he be free to do so and therefore you gain your rightful freedom and he considered a hero?

I say throw his lily white arse into the cell with us and we will show him who the hero is and how two wrongs do make it oh soooo right and he will have 40 years of long hard nights to think about his foolish ill thought out transgressions.
FFS, I'm not joining yours and Hindy's club!

So what’s your response if I stole off you? Shrug your shoulders, chop off my hands or go crying to government?
Some laws predate governments

You’re comparing apples to oranges.

Governments HAVE to make laws to protect us or they’ll get chucked out. That doesn’t mean that everything they do is fine.

Sometimes you can expose government misdeeds through legitimate ways - the press, the courts etc.. Sometimes you can’t.

Wikileaks has done what the courts and the press can’t (or will no longer) do.

Like I said, the left were lining up to suck him off 5 minutes ago. Then they became the establishment, now he’s a threat, so they turn on him. Not because of what he has done, because they loved that 5 minutes ago, but because he is now doing it to them.

Anything else is an outright lie.

Ping @84 Baby - Just out of interest, which side of politics do you identify yourself with?

I lean to the right? What about you?

Just want to check whether HJ is having a conversation with people on this forum or having another one of hissy fits against 'leftoids' after binge-watching 'Ben Shapiro owns' videos.

I don’t watch Ben Shapiro. He is just another cultural warrior, but on the other side. Good chance he is controlled opposition, just to keep the fight going and to egg the rightards on.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Oh pls, harassment or any other issue in society should never be dealt with by passing laws for individual groups or persons. Harassment and bullying are serious issues for all people and the laws no matter who you are should be the same for all of us. Trump is simply addressing a wrong that should not have been made in the first place.

If there is a problem, fix it the same for all of us.

That is the problem with you libs, always looking to make one group in society a victim over the other. It you feel the law is't strong enough to protect you or anyone else then argue to fix it for all of us.

Straw man argument presented again.

As for moving the goal posts, hardly. I don't see the Trans issue in the military as a homophobic argument like you and all your liberal supporters who try to. That is what the left always do. Your a racist this your a homophobic that. Crap. You have conveniently ignored virtually everything I address in my previous post, or the thoughtful opinion of the Transgender soldier article beneath it. She or I are hardly espousing homophobic rhetoric there. But what can I say...your a typical Trump hater to the very end like all lefties. Can't have a debate or discussion without the dreaded R word eventually being raised.
I think you have a point about the homophobia/Trump thing.

I'm not convinced he is a homophobe but I am convinced that he is a lying piece of shit, but so are a lot of politicians. Is he racist? Probably, but again so are a lot of others.

I don't personally like his nationalism and loose style of governing but it is working and it is clear that he will get voted in again.

I also hate crazy f**kwits on the left and lament what appears to be a growing divide between people and politicians who take very extreme and illogical positions on either side of the debate.

Where are all the sensible people in the middle?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I don’t watch Ben Shapiro. He is just another cultural warrior, but on the other side. Good chance he is controlled opposition, just to keep the fight going and to egg the rightards on.
I had a heap of people to pick and settled with Shapiro.

Doesn't change my narrative. You are just parrotting bullshit from whatever f**kwit biased, worthless media source that you consume like the ravenous left bashing s**t that you are.

You have more in common with Gronk than you think.