What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

84 Baby

Referee
Ping @84 Baby - Just out of interest, which side of politics do you identify yourself with?

I lean to the right? What about you?

Just want to check whether HJ is having a conversation with people on this forum or having another one of hissy fits against 'leftoids' after binge-watching 'Ben Shapiro owns' videos.
I sympathise with the left but I’m also all about me so I’m still more right of centre

TheRam

Coach
I think you have a point about the homophobia/Trump thing.

I'm not convinced he is a homophobe but I am convinced that he is a lying piece of shit, but so are a lot of politicians. Is he racist? Probably, but again so are a lot of others.

I don't personally like his nationalism and loose style of governing but it is working and it is clear that he will get voted in again.

I also hate crazy f**kwits on the left and lament what appears to be a growing divide between people and politicians who take very extreme and illogical positions on either side of the debate.

Where are all the sensible people in the middle?

With Trump.

Gronk

Staff member
Oh pls, harassment or any other issue in society should never be dealt with by passing laws for individual groups or persons. Harassment and bullying are serious issues for all people and the laws no matter who you are should be the same for all of us. Trump is simply addressing a wrong that should not have been made in the first place.

If there is a problem, fix it the same for all of us.

That is the problem with you libs, always looking to make one group in society a victim over the other. It you feel the law is't strong enough to protect you or anyone else then argue to fix it for all of us.

Straw man argument presented again.

As for moving the goal posts, hardly. I don't see the Trans issue in the military as a homophobic argument like you and all your liberal supporters who try to. That is what the left always do. Your a racist this your a homophobic that. Crap. You have conveniently ignored virtually everything I address in my previous post, or the thoughtful opinion of the Transgender soldier article beneath it. She or I are hardly espousing homophobic rhetoric there. But what can I say...your a typical Trump hater to the very end like all lefties. Can't have a debate or discussion without the dreaded R word eventually being raised.

FFS it wasn’t just about harassment.

Trump revokes guidelines on transgender bathrooms in schools

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-23/trump-revokes-guidelines-on-transgender-bathrooms/8295482

84 Baby

Referee
You’re comparing apples to oranges.

Governments HAVE to make laws to protect us or they’ll get chucked out. That doesn’t mean that everything they do is fine.

Sometimes you can expose government misdeeds through legitimate ways - the press, the courts etc.. Sometimes you can’t.

Wikileaks has done what the courts and the press can’t (or will no longer) do.

Like I said, the left were lining up to suck him off 5 minutes ago. Then they became the establishment, now he’s a threat, so they turn on him. Not because of what he has done, because they loved that 5 minutes ago, but because he is now doing it to them.

Anything else is an outright lie.
I agree but my point was more the second wrongdoer themself shouldn’t excuse their own wrongdoing. Regardless of any other potential avenue or what the motivations were. If you are going to play the martyr you have to be prepared to make the sacrifice

TheRam

Coach
I think you have a point about the homophobia/Trump thing.

I'm not convinced he is a homophobe but I am convinced that he is a lying piece of shit, but so are a lot of politicians. Is he racist? Probably, but again so are a lot of others.

I don't personally like his nationalism and loose style of governing but it is working and it is clear that he will get voted in again.

I also hate crazy f**kwits on the left and lament what appears to be a growing divide between people and politicians who take very extreme and illogical positions on either side of the debate.

Where are all the sensible people in the middle?

Not trying to argue here Gary, but again, can you site for me any direct example from Trump himself that shows that he is a racist. I genuinely would like to know. I mean if here really is a racist, I would like to know and I would quickly reverse my 50/50 support of him. I say 50/50 support of him because I don't support everything he or any other politician does.

But please not examples of boarder security or terrorist stuff that he has been making statements about. I actually don't believe he is not strong enough when it comes to this and the language that he uses maybe off colour to some, but hardly racist when put in context and trying, in his and many others opinions, to secure their country. When Obama and others before Trump made very similar statements they were not considered racist by the left/media then so you can't fairly condemn Trump for it now.

hindy111

Post Whore
I sympathise with the left but I’m also all about me so I’m still more right of centre

I just figured there was a big bang and life started. And people f**ked and f**ked to keep species alive. And one day we will all cease to exist. So just chill and enjoy it. I do not see why people make life such a complicated experience or place such high importance on things that in the end do not matter.

hindy111

Post Whore
I will also add people have access to far to much information now and it is confusing them. Fsr to many options.

TheRam

Coach
FFS it wasn’t just about harassment.

Trump revokes guidelines on transgender bathrooms in schools

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-23/trump-revokes-guidelines-on-transgender-bathrooms/8295482

I agree with this also. Teaches have a hell of a lot to answer to. Freakin lefties. If kids get bullied, no matter who, they should be protected equally. If a child feels embarrassed to go to the bathroom in the very, very small genuine trans cases, then I'm sure that the extremely sympathetic and understanding teaches would accommodate such a child. But it goes further then that. If a child were being bullied by anyone while in a cubical then there are universal laws for that, ffs.

If the trans child/student wants their own facilities, tough. Can you imagine the can of worms that that could and would open up in our society? What happens when and it will eventually happen if we let it down the track, when within the LGBTI.... community they all want their own facilities? And you know they will. Human nature always want more.

The nightmare and expense that it would cause for all public and private establishment big and small. If you need to go to the loo, go. Do your thing in private and get the freakin hell out of there. No normal person gives a crap. If you are that precious you won't survive this world no matter what laws we pass.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Not trying to argue here Gary, but again, can you site for me any direct example from Trump himself that shows that he is a racist. I genuinely would like to know. I mean if here really is a racist, I would like to know and I would quickly reverse my 50/50 support of him. I say 50/50 support of him because I don't support everything he or any other politician does.

But please not examples of boarder security or terrorist stuff that he has been making statements about. I actually don't believe he is not strong enough when it comes to this and the language that he uses maybe off colour to some, but hardly racist when put in context and trying, in his and many others opinions, to secure their country. When Obama and others before Trump made very similar statements they were not considered racist by the left/media then so you can't fairly condemn Trump for it now.

Its not that hard to find. Here is a summary of a number of events which you may wish to review in more detail elsewhere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump

There are plenty of things that he has done prior to his presidency that make me think he is racist. That said, a large percentage of people in the world are racist.

His crime is stealing from an elected government. Ultimately the electors may condemn the government, but they also didnt elect him
But how much choice do the public really have in who gets elected? And even when corruption like this is exposed, what real ability do they have to ensure that not only the corrupt are removed but their power to affect those who weren't implicated is removed? I don't have a lot of faith in systems like that to deal with someone like Assange fairly and I wouldn't be handing myself over if I were in his position.

84 Baby

Referee
But how much choice do the public really have in who gets elected? And even when corruption like this is exposed, what real ability do they have to ensure that not only the corrupt are removed but their power to affect those who weren't implicated is removed? I don't have a lot of faith in systems like that to deal with someone like Assange fairly and I wouldn't be handing myself over if I were in his position.
Well if he doesn’t do anything illegal, he doesn’t find himself in this position

TheRam

Coach
Its not that hard to find. Here is a summary of a number of events which you may wish to review in more detail elsewhere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump

There are plenty of things that he has done prior to his presidency that make me think he is racist. That said, a large percentage of people in the world are racist.

Again, for the most part they are statement that he is making about criminal groups or international terrorist. He is hardly stating that all Blacks, Latinos or Muslims are bad. If people wish to interpret it that way well that's up to them, but millions see it differently and most importantly all the groups and agencies that are tasked to protect ALL Americans.

As for the housing discrimination against black renters lawsuit, yeah he did what most business people would do and looked after his business interests. If they were green Martians, he would have discriminated against them to get better value out of his properties. Hardly driven by racism. but by greed and profit margin. But that is a totally different argument, but I would have done the same thing if I were in his shoes and I would hazard a guess that many others would have too.

Again, no real racist proof at all just undesirable statement for many that in this political climate is condemned and twisted into he is a mass murder and we should lynch him before he presses the button type of stuff.

Latest posts