What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The one thing that I do now about the phsycology of politics is that no matter where a person actually sits on the spectrum, their personal assessment would be that they hover around the centre.

I would put myself just left of centre and I assume that you would put yourself just right of centre. In reality that probably is not the case for either of us. Even a reader of this post is probably thinking the same (being a centrist) yet it is probably not as accurate as they would think.

View attachment 28940

I have taken this quiz with respect to the AU Federal Election. It’s an interesting process and I think it narrows down on where you sit on the spectrum.

https://votecompass.abc.net.au/

This is where I ended up. I reckon its pretty accurate.
upload_2019-4-14_9-0-15.png

Bazal

Post Whore
Any and all political discussions these days seem to end up as a series of statements parroted from random anthropomorphic billboards by people who champion one "side" of the spectrum like they're supporters of a footy side.

Dumb.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Any and all political discussions these days seem to end up as a series of statements parroted from random anthropomorphic billboards by people who champion one "side" of the spectrum like they're supporters of a footy side.

Dumb.
What have you got against Morrison you leftoid!

Bazal

Post Whore
Been a member here for over 15 years. Never seen it like this. The participation levels are at its lowest. The place is dying and it’s sad. @Twizzle have you ever seen it this quiet ?

Why do you say it's quiet?
I've just come in for the first time since I went to bed at about midnight and this forum has hundreds of new posts.

Bazal

Post Whore
What have you got against Morrison you leftoid!

I'm really just worried I'll walk into Braddon Maccas when parliament is in session and see our old mate the night watchman sprawled in front of the counter with his dacks full... Would just put me totally off my 33 post booze cheeseburgers

I recall Alan Bond who was on on top of his game with the Americas Cup etc was suddenly a shadow of his former self when he faced court for the cluster f**k that was the $1.2b collapse of Bell Resources. He had dementia and could hardly walk. He went to jail anyway and immediately got better.

View attachment 28938

Not sure I get how this was "staged"?

Julian's crazy look? Shaved head and scraggly beard? The "staging" is about him putting on a "Oh, I've gone insane. I don't know what's going on!" thing? So he can't be held accountable? Get a reduced sentence?

Something like that? Or am I missing it altogether?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Does this make me a fence-sitter @Gary Gutful ?

giphy.gif

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Not sure I get how this was "staged"?

Julian's crazy look? Shaved head and scraggly beard? The "staging" is about him putting on a "Oh, I've gone insane. I don't know what's going on!" thing? So he can't be held accountable? Get a reduced sentence?

Something like that? Or am I missing it altogether?

Agree. Its a good story but it needs more paedophile pizzas, George Soros and Atlantis.

IFR33K

Coach
Been a member here for over 15 years. Never seen it like this. The participation levels are at its lowest. The place is dying and it’s sad. @Twizzle have you ever seen it this quiet ?

Seen many many forums die off as Facebook and other social media sites got stronger and stronger over the past 10 years. Surprised LU is still around and many members still very active