What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
Not sure I get how this was "staged"?

Julian's crazy look? Shaved head and scraggly beard? The "staging" is about him putting on a "Oh, I've gone insane. I don't know what's going on!" thing? So he can't be held accountable? Get a reduced sentence?

Something like that? Or am I missing it altogether?

Internal polling would show that the public support for Assange has wained. So emerging from his excile looking like a a merkin rescued from the Taliban is seeking public sympathy IMO.

Avenger

Immortal
Internal polling would show that the public support for Assange has wained. So emerging from his excile looking like a a merkin rescued from the Taliban is seeking public sympathy IMO.
Why would we ever support someone who commits/organises//incites an international cyber hacking criminal group?

Gronk

Staff member
Why would we ever support someone who commits/organises//incites an international cyber hacking criminal group?

Well when Wikileaks started, Assange was viewed as the Erin Brockovich of the interweb, against big oil and tobacco, exposing the rorts of world corporations and breaches of human rights.

So from a public acceptance point if view, he is the Aung San Suu Kyi of advocacy and libertarianism.

Avenger

Immortal
Well when Wikileaks started, Assange was viewed as the Erin Brockovich of the interweb, against big oil and tobacco, exposing the rorts of world corporations and breaches of human rights.

So from a public acceptance point if view, he is the Aung San Suu Kyi of advocacy and libertarianism.
When Hitler started he was just a patriot to Germany.

TheRam

Coach
The one thing that I do now about the phsycology of politics is that no matter where a person actually sits on the spectrum, their personal assessment would be that they hover around the centre.

I would put myself just left of centre and I assume that you would put yourself just right of centre. In reality that probably is not the case for either of us. Even a reader of this post is probably thinking the same (being a centrist) yet it is probably not as accurate as they would think.

View attachment 28940

I have taken this quiz with respect to the AU Federal Election. It’s an interesting process and I think it narrows down on where you sit on the spectrum.

https://votecompass.abc.net.au/

Well I partook in this silly little test. Silly because it is way so generalised that in essence it means very little. And guess what I am a centralist.

Pauline Hanson's One Nation (ON) 63%

Labor Party (ALP) 49%

Liberal-National Coalition (LIB-NAT) 48%

Australian Greens (GRN) 40%

As for the graph/map image I was right in the middle line and at the top of the second last square from the bottom, but for some reason I can't paste the image on here without it going all wonky and out of proportion. Which makes me an economic centrist and a middle of the road social conservative. But like I said this is way to generalised so I mostly went with my gut reaction to the question.

Gronk

Staff member
When Hitler started he was just a patriot to Germany.

Yes Adolf certainly veerred outside his lane. :fire:

Assange veered out from his lane after being the representative of the whistleblower, to hacker (Chelsea Manning case) etc, he now has no more cred than that Kim Dotcom merkin who is trying to stay out of jail after his Megaupload company hosted a lot of the worlds pirated music and movies.

Kornstar

Coach
How good is grilled cheese.

The best thing about Genie is that she posts this shit just to piss the trolls off who want to rip into her about her tennis ranking.

Some losers sitting on their phone or in front of their computer harassing a person while said person is clearly living a pretty incredible life regardless of her tennis ranking is pretty funny.

The people in her comments section are pretty much a representation of how many sad, sorry people there are out there.

It also helps that is very attractive!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Generally Twiz, are we down in numbers ? You’d know.

our numbers of unique hits are generally up and slowly rising and always have done, that is the entire forums though, we can't tell where the posts are when we monitor our performance but it certainly hasn't dropped

Gronk

Staff member
The best thing about Genie is that she posts this shit just to piss the trolls off who want to rip into her about her tennis ranking.

Some losers sitting on their phone or in front of their computer harassing a person while said person is clearly living a pretty incredible life regardless of her tennis ranking is pretty funny.

The people in her comments section are pretty much a representation of how many sad, sorry people there are out there.

It also helps that is very attractive!
World ranking is like 70. Career prize money $7m plus sponsorship. Lives in Bahamas. Joke is on the knockers.

images

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
cbf posting the graph but I am just slightly left of centre, must be the greenie in me