What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

84 Baby

Referee
It's more like gold than a currency though, because with currencies their actual value is referenced in the price, whereas with Bitcoin no merkin ever relies on its face value, instead demanding US$3000 (or whatever) worth of Bitcoin (rather than a set fraction of the Bitcoin) to unlock your wedding photos.

It'd be like if you bought something in Australia and the price was US$100 worth of Australian dollars. That would be a fair indicator of the reliability of Aussie dollars as a currency. So it goes with Bitcoin.
Isn’t that what I said? The value is based on the market demand for it? Not an underlying economy that dictates it’s value

Edit - which in a way is a contradiction but there’s are far larger economic scope in market demand for currency

Plus that cryptos in of themselves are more of a method of transferring finances as well as being a method of finance

Avenger

Immortal
It's more like gold than a currency though, because with currencies their actual value is referenced in the price, whereas with Bitcoin no merkin ever relies on its face value, instead demanding US$3000 (or whatever) worth of Bitcoin (rather than a set fraction of the Bitcoin) to unlock your wedding photos.

It'd be like if you bought something in Australia and the price was US$100 worth of Australian dollars. That would be a fair indicator of the reliability of Aussie dollars as a currency. So it goes with Bitcoin.
It’s not about bitcoin. It’s about the satoshi. There are 100,000,000 for every bitcoin. Now imagine a bitcoin is adopted as a currency in a country. And it will happen. Argentina could be the first. Imagine 1 satoshi is worth just 10cents. Do the math.

Gronk

Staff member
It’s not about bitcoin. It’s about the satoshi. There are 100,000,000 for every bitcoin. Now imagine a bitcoin is adopted as a currency in a country. And it will happen. Argentina could be the first. Imagine 1 satoshi is worth just 10cents. Do the math.
What if it’s worth 1/1,000,000,000th of a cent ?

hindy111

Post Whore
You will see.

Meh some people are happy to just get by. Work, meet friends for a steak or bbq the odd holiday and some love making. A few drinks and maybe a joint. Have their hobbies and just not take life that seriously.
I mean if I had a heap more money would I live any different?
Could get a better car, holidays and dining but lets be honest, it is still really the same shit. And you still die so really what is the point? Seems like a lot of stressing and giving a f**k about something for sake of it. But im a nihilistic merkin.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Meh some people are happy to just get by. Work, meet friends for a steak or bbq the odd holiday and some love making. A few drinks and maybe a joint. Have their hobbies and just not take life that seriously.
Could get a better car, holidays and dining but lets be honest, it is still really the same shit. And you still die so really what is the point? Seems like a lot of stressing and giving a f**k about something for sake of it. But im a nihilistic merkin.
No-ones taking life too seriously, Casper.

Bazal

Post Whore

Yeah, no one should enjoy things unless they're things you also enjoy...

Avenger

Immortal
I plan to give it to the kids. I don’t need the money.